MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

ParentsOf4

A new article on The Force.net is suggesting the Star Wars delay might be more about the Imagineers wanting more information about the sequel trilogy.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...ers_Wait_For_New_Movie_Information_155570.asp
Ah, the Disney spin machine begins. :)

"Hey you CEO and Board of Directors, we want to delay a billion-dollar project that you think will generate a major new revenue stream because we want to wait until we get the theming just right."

Does anyone at TheForce.net have any idea how a multi-billion dollar corporation is run? :D

Lee

Adventurer
Ah, the Disney spin machine begins. :)

"Hey you CEO and Board of Directors, we want to delay a billion-dollar project that you think will generate a major new revenue stream because we want to wait until we get the theming just right."

Does anyone at TheForce.net have any idea how a multi-billion dollar corporation is run? :D
Actually, I hear that the current script uncertainties are indeed having an effect on the design work currently underway for the parks.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just can't understand why everyone is so concerned about DISNEY knowing things about where we are while we are IN THEIR PARKS?

Because system makes TOO MUCH information available about guests with inadequate controls on usage a front line CM should not be able to see things like phone #'s, address, room # SSN, Basic principle of information security is that each user of system should see ONLY the information they need to access.

Park CM's unless they are GR at most need to see your Ticket Entitlement Level, Name and FP+ information, Other fields should not even be DISPLAYED as BLANK as that shows that the information exists elsewhere. Retail CM's need a bit more for shipping and in-room delivery. Dining would need to see existence of DDP or Room Charge Active

WDWDad13

Because there appears to be far too much access to that information.

Then don't go, get rid of your cell phone, internet connection, and live in a cave in tora bora....it's the world we live in now everywhere. Disney had/has plenty of access to our info before mm+

WDWDad13

Because system makes TOO MUCH information available about guests with inadequate controls on usage a front line CM should not be able to see things like phone #'s, address, room # SSN, Basic principle of information security is that each user of system should see ONLY the information they need to access.

Park CM's unless they are GR at most need to see your Ticket Entitlement level Name and FP+ information, Other fields should not even be DISPLAYED as BLANK as that shows that the information exists elsewhere.

Wow we are assuming SOOOOO much here. Besides lots of CMs have access to this NOW

And c'mon...SSN??? Really?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I actually think it's just a vocal minority that are truly concerned about this.

A vocal minority who interestingly enough many members of same do this kind of work for a living so we are very familiar with the potential for misuse and in many cases have dealt with misuse of personally identifiable information in other real world contexts. If the information does not exist it cannot be misused by definition.

Looked at another way - there is ENOUGH information on a FP+ attendants display to successfully commit identity theft. Do you really want every minimum wage worker at Disney to have access to your financial and personal information?

I for one do not and I see very bad things happening on the horizon because in any large organization there are always bad apples.

Another scenario made possible by this information. A CM could send or sell online a list of houses to break into with unoccupied dates.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I actually think it's just a vocal minority that are truly concerned about this.

I think that once people become aware that Disney is collecting that sort of detailed analytics, they get ed.

Its not that Disney is collecting them per say, its the lack of transparency about it. Its happening without guest knowledge and thats an issue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A vocal minority who interestingly enough many members of same do this kind of work for a living so we are very familiar with the potential for misuse and in many cases have dealt with misuse of personally identifiable information in other real world contexts. If the information does not exist it cannot be misused by definition.

Looked at another way - there is ENOUGH information on a FP+ attendants display to successfully commit identity theft. Do you really want every minimum wage worker at Disney to have access to your financial and personal information?

I for one do not and I see very bad things happening on the horizon because in any large organization there are always bad apples.

Another scenario made possible by this information. A CM could send or sell online a list of houses to break into with unoccupied dates.

My response was to people being tracked while in the parks, not inappropriate availability of private information which I agree has a much greater chance for abuse.

... and, BTW, I am also one of the people who "does this kind of work for a living.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow we are assuming SOOOOO much here. Besides lots of CMs have access to this NOW

And c'mon...SSN??? Really?

In the past less than you would think mainly Hotel and GR, Now EVERYONE with an Disney iPad has access. On the SSN it's there (its one of the ways they have been sorting out the Same Name in Party problem) - you really need to get a peek at the information on these screens.

lazyboy97o

Then don't go, get rid of your cell phone, internet connection, and live in a cave in tora bora....it's the world we live in now everywhere. Disney had/has plenty of access to our info before mm+
We're not talking about Disney in some higher level sense. We're talking a majority of front line Cast Members getting access to where you will be throughout the day as well as profiles of everybody in your family.

PhotoDave219

This might be my favorite post on this thread thus far. Very well stated, and I too am an Eagles fan so I know EXACTLY what you are referring to about being fanatical about something, but constantly complaining about it. Hopefully I won't be exemplifying that after the Cardinals game today!

However, we shouldn't be talking about this anyway. We are teetering on a WDW vs Uni argument again. That is an argument that can never be won because in the end, it is personal preference, period.

As far as the magic bands are concerned, I am on the fence about them. Yes they are convenient in some ways, but I believe they discourage spontenaety. Also, I don't know if I will be willing to ever purchase park hoppers again. And that sucks cause I always liked them. The bundling of fast pass choices also stinks. But again, this is still in beta phase testing so we will see.

Anyway, go Eagles!! You better not suck today. How's that for loyalty?

Yes. We can continue to criticize Ed Snider for having Paul Holmgren as GM of the Flyers and the abysmal failings of roster and cap management in the past few years yet we still love the team.

For those questioning the relevance... The Philadelphia Flyers are owned by Comcast which owns NBC/Universal and those theme parks.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
My response was to people being tracked while in the parks, not inappropriate availability of private information which I agree has a much greater chance to abuse.

... and, BTW, I am also one of the people who "does this kind of work for a living.

Tracking information is also readily available along with the PII, It's not just Disney Security and Marketing which have access. I'm not sure I like a random CM tracking a member of my family,

Disney security doing it I'm ok with that's their job and they take it seriously. Having a random front line CM having access to the data I'm not comfortable with.

WDWDad13

In the past less than you would think mainly Hotel and GR, Now EVERYONE with an Disney iPad has access. On the SSN it's there (its one of the ways they have been sorting out the Same Name in Party problem) - you really need to get a peek at the information on these screens.

"Everyone" does not have an iPad and access

Who has given their SS# to Disney...ever?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We're not talking about Disney in some higher level sense. We're talking a majority of front line Cast Members getting access to where you will be throughout the day as well as profiles of everybody in your family.

Precisely - I'm not worried about a professional analyst having access to the data as they know they will be unemployed and unemployable in their field if they misuse the data. A random minimum wage CM is quite a different story.

WDWDad13

So? We make dining reservations, hotel reservations, etc. now.....

WDWDad13

Precisely - I'm not worried about a professional analyst having access to the data as they know they will be unemployed and unemployable in their field if they misuse the data. A random minimum wage CM is quite a different story.

Temp agency workers know way more in some of their jobs...just saying....welcome to the 21st century

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom