MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

Recon443

What an incredibly boneheaded investment this was, Disney.

Spending $2 BILLION on a system that encourages guests to spend as little time as possible on property.

Now where is that additional 11% spending coming from again?

:rolleyes:

Actually not. You obviously don't see how the info is going to be used.

Recon443

That's all well and good... day of. Except your dining reservations are booked up 180+ days out at the most popular restaurants, and the assumption is the same will be true (60 days out) for Fastpass+ reservations at the most popular attractions.

Of course that is my assumption on attractions and it reflects my experience from my most recent trip to WDW. So I am operating from a point of view that the system worked just fine.

Recon443

This. The whole Fastpass+ disaster at WDW is interesting, because in terms of ride/ attraction capacity, Disneyland Resort is far better equipped to handle Fastpass+ than WDW is because the attractions are more evenly spread out between the two parks when compared the uneven distribution of attractions at the four WDW parks.

But there's no way that Disneyland's customer base would ever tolerate the system currently in place at WDW. Not to mention the fact that DLR has far fewer hotels rooms than WDW does, so the system where magic bands are offered to resort guests wouldn't be nearly as effective.

All in all, I'm glad that it looks like MyMagic+ won't be making its way out to Southern California anytime soon.

Assuming it will be only for resort guests is a mistake. I can easily see the band being issued to AP's which make up a huge percentage of the guests at the park.

Bolna

It is a massive undertaking by a company with a poor track record in the area that also put off infrastructure upgrades as a means of generating "growth" by reducing costs. The whole project has been sold as an all encompassing fix that it can never actually be achieved.

I recently started to wonder whether there were some people who realised that they were in desperate need of an infrastructure update that they came up with the idea of MM+ as they very well knew that only if they have something creating revenue they will be able to get the necessary funds for what in reality was an overdue upgrade to today's technology.

Recon443

The more posts I see on this--particularly the ones with hard numbers, $500 per vacation week--the more I'm convinced there was a plan to monetize MM+ by now. Maybe extra FPs for those in deluxe resorts. Maybe $5 FPs to Toy Story Mania if you were frozen out of the original 60-day window. No way guests feeling more comfortable with a wristband over a keycard or slight reductions in staffing were going to make that much real money.

Which begs the question---do they still plan to monetize it once the kinks are worked out?

After using the system I see the money coming in from using the information to tailor experiences for you at a premium. As an example, at DLR: Book POTC? Email offer for dinner at Blue Bayou at a special character dinner. All for the low, low, price of $100. Exclusive offers only for band holders = $

lazyboy97o

I see no actual proof that is a Disney Monorail, that's all Iam saying.

Jimmy Thick- Court of law would be on my side.
So what monorail system has the same interior design as the Walt Disney World Monorails?

Actually not. You obviously don't see how the info is going to be used.
@BlueSkyDriveBy is hardly one to be called ignorant of what is happening.

Recon443

On all the cruises I've been on I've been given a card which allows me to enter the ship, open my stateroom door, charge drinks and souvenirs to my account and recently I've been allowed to prebook shows and activities before I left home. But strangely enough all I talk about when I get asked how my holiday went is the food I ate, the entertainment on board, the places I visited and the people I met. I couldn't give two hoots about the card because it doesn't matter, and if the card was changed for a wristband it would be just as irrelevant to my overall enjoyment.

Just think about all that information! The cruise line does. And they will use it to their advantage to eke out even more from your pocket.

Recon443

Please. No I am not talking about parking. I am referring to the christmas party, where you pay $70 for a parade and fireworks, and then you get their to find out that in order to view the fireworks from a preferred area you need to spend another $25.

You really don't think that it's sketch and seems a lot like double dipping? During regular park nights I have no problem with charging extra for it, but during hard ticket events it doesn't sit well with me.

Not double dipping at all. You want to sit in a preferred area don't you? Or is it you want a preferred area after spending $70? If so shouldn't everybody whop spent the 70 get the preferred area? If so then it isn't preferred is it?

Want to be preferred? Pay for it.

janoimagine

You pay for access to the park and party. It used to be a cheap way to see the park.

I have no idea why you are differentiating between paying for the park admission and paying for the party with regard to fireworks... Or keep conviently ommit that you are also paying for the dessert party... And not just a spot like you infer.

Wow.

Nobodies omitting anything, I said it before, and I could care less if dessert was served at the place we would always watch the fireworks from or not during either the Haloween or Christmas parties, in the past (10+ years since the parties started) you never had the two events running consecutively on the same night, now you do, and it's another example of trying to squeeze every penny out of the guest.

janoimagine

Not double dipping at all. You want to sit in a preferred area don't you? Or is it you want a preferred area after spending $70? If so shouldn't everybody whop spent the 70 get the preferred area? If so then it isn't preferred is it?

Want to be preferred? Pay for it.
We did ... the $70 to get into the party in the first place in addition to the regular park admission. That "preferred" area has been free for the past 10+ years to party guests.

Nubs70

After using the system I see the money coming in from using the information to tailor experiences for you at a premium. As an example, at DLR: Book POTC? Email offer for dinner at Blue Bayou at a special character dinner. All for the low, low, price of $100. Exclusive offers only for band holders = $
So then you cancel your $150 ADR and book the Blue Bayou. ?????

Nubs70

I recently started to wonder whether there were some people who realised that they were in desperate need of an infrastructure update that they came up with the idea of MM+ as they very well knew that only if they have something creating revenue they will be able to get the necessary funds for what in reality was an overdue upgrade to today's technology.
Mongolian Hoarde Scope Creep.

Recon443

So then you cancel your $150 ADR and book the Blue Bayou. ?????

Huh? I think I was offering an example of how the system can be tailored for a guest. Don't think I said anything about canceling anything. But thanks for making up stuff.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Mongolian Hoarde Scope Creep.

What led to the Great Wall? Did you make this up or is this a pop culture reference I am unaware of?

images

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom