metal detector installation

Killnme

Went through the back entrance to EPCOT (by the boardwalk) last Wednesday and was the ONLY person coming through and I got randomly selected. I found it funny they used the word random when I was the only one there. The guard said with in about 4-5 months everyone will be going through them. I am totally fine with that as long as they get the conveyor belts also to send your bags through so it is not a double line of checks.

draybook

I thought that the purpose of the TSA was to pat down and swab test 15 year old girls wearing Perry the Platypus hats?....

Truk777

I was chosen twice last week for the metal detectors. No big deal. Quick and painless. So many guests were angry and downright rude when they were chosen. That was surprising to me. Just walk through the thing and enjoy the rest of the day.

DisneyFans4Life

I was chosen twice last week for the metal detectors. No big deal. Quick and painless. So many guests were angry and downright rude when they were chosen. That was surprising to me. Just walk through the thing and enjoy the rest of the day.
I agree with this. I was selected twice last week and my wife was selected once. You don't have to take off your shoes or belt...just pull out keys and cell phone and walk right on in. By the time my wife got her bag and the diaper bag put back on the stroller...I was already through.

UncleMike101

I dont really understand the minds of terrorists but maybe exploding outside a park wouldnt be as symbolic to them? Even if lives were lost there might still be a feeling of 'failure' because they were deterred from destroying the park itself. That said, I dont think terrorists are coming to wdw
The terrorists are more interested in a large body count as opposed to destroying buildings or symbols.
Their terror factor depends on how many people become fearful of being killed by their actions.
So far they are succeeding in their goals.
Until we eliminate them with "extreme prejudice" they will continue their violent campaign.
And I'm afraid that Disney would be a prime target for their operatives.

UncleMike101

I don't believe that. I don't know what the correct answer is, but vengeance begets nothing but more vengeance.
It's not vengeance.
It's self preservation.
Vengeance is predicated on the fact that you survive an attack and then attempt to inflict it upon your enemy.
Self preservation is the basic human reaction to a threat either before, while, or after it occurs, and in order to be truly effective must result in the destruction of the threat by whatever means are available.
Preferably before they can complete their intended act of violence upon you.
Radical Islam's goal is to eliminate all Infidels and non believers.
I believe that we must take whatever measures necessary to defend ourselves from their threat before that happens.

lnsemsf

These so-called security measures are not stopping any acts of violence. All they do is deprive US Citizens of their Constitutional Rights. And that's probably as far as I can comment without breaching the no-politics rule.

The constitution protects you from the government, Disney being a private company can set any conditions for entry that they want. They simply want to keep and/or appear to be keeping the parks secure. If you don't like their requirements for entry, you're welcome to watch videos of the parks on YouTube at home and let the castle doctrine apply to you 24/7.

UncleMike101

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
"Let he who is without a sword, sell his cloak and buy one."
I say this not as a religious statement but as a quote from a wise man, who lived over two thousand years ago, who was telling his followers to be prepared to defend themselves after his own death.
Not for the sake of vengeance but in order to survive to carry on their struggle.
We must defend ourselves in order to carry on.

DManRightHere

These so-called security measures are not stopping any acts of violence. All they do is deprive US Citizens of their Constitutional Rights. And that's probably as far as I can comment without breaching the no-politics rule.

I didn't realize there were so many violent attacks at Disney World.

GeneralZod

No one needs a knife at WDW, what happens if some idiot takes it or drops it by accident, I think Disney has enough CMs with common sense or people around you with common sense to help you without a knife!
This discussion seems to crop up every once in a while and it surprises me how polarized it is. I can only assume it is a regional thing. Many of us grew up with a pocket knife as a tool and don't actually think of it as a weapon in any way. Fascinating really.

UncleMike101

This discussion seems to crop up every once in a while and it surprises me how polarized it is. I can only assume it is a regional thing. Many of us grew up with a pocket knife as a tool and don't actually think of it as a weapon in any way. Fascinating really.
I've carried a pocket knife since I was a Cub Scout.
Now that I'm older and have arthritis I often need a small blade to open a package.
Maybe I can get a Security person to follow me around and open my snack packages for me. :D

EOD K9

The constitution protects you from the government, Disney being a private company can set any conditions for entry that they want. They simply want to keep and/or appear to be keeping the parks secure. If you don't like their requirements for entry, you're welcome to watch videos of the parks on YouTube at home and let the castle doctrine apply to you 24/7.
Constitutionally, by Federal Statute, I am required to carry my firearm everywhere in the United States. Disney, as a private entity, tells me I cannot carry in their parks. That is their rule. If I don't like it, I either don't go, or I don't carry.

EOD K9

Disney has to take reasonable precautions to keep their parks safe. I'd prefer a more thorough bag check and everyone go through a magnetometer, but for now, this is the best they will do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom