metal detector installation

EOD K9

This may well have happened before and I missed it, but all guests at AK today, 5/6, were going through the detectors.

Went pretty quickly (until my wife set off the alarm) but required a lot of personnel.

As long as they're going to continue this, this is as it should be - all or none.
WITH OR AGAINST.jpg

mm121

have there been any plans for building more permanent structures for the metal detectors yet? or are they just going to leave them under tents that will become permenant

MOM2FOUR

One thing that I'd like to add to this discussion is the concept of liability. With increased security efforts (whether they are effective or not) Disney can argue reduced liability should something occur. It's all about CYA and the perception they can make to the public about feeling safe in their parks.

DisneyFans4Life

You can't really agree to disagree on a point like that. The facts disagree with you. Everybody gets screened at an airport and look what happened in Brussels. Unless you think it is a tragedy to have an attack on Main St. and not a tragedy on a ferry.

To repeat from my other reply, unfortunately, there is really no way to stop an attack by somebody that is willing and/or desires to die during an attack. You may be able to alter where they attack (the Ferry vs. Main St.) but you can't prevent it.
I agree with you to some extent but if a tragedy is going to happen, it is better to happen where there will be less casualties. The point that we are arguing is whether or not Disney should use metal detectors. I say sure why not...can't hurt anything. Others say no...and to that...we agree to disagree.

bethymouse

We just left WDW Thursday June 8. The cast member told me that eventually the detectors will be a permanent thing for ALL to go through!:( Just sad that it all has to come to this, but I can understand. My husband was picked each time to go through the metal detector... myself only once .:(

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Are those really metal detectors or something else? When I went through them all we had to do was give them our cell phone and I know my belt was metal and didn't go off there but does at the airport?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom