Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, November 10 cont.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c96.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c97.jpg

Bo Peep was certainly creepy, but I was happy to see her make an appearance regardless. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c9b.jpg

Finally, the part I was most looking forward to! :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c99.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c9d.jpg

Bullseye is such an underrated character. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ca5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ca7.jpg

I never realized that the toy soldiers actually play their instruments. :eek: This made my marching band heart so happy! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ca8.jpg

Their marching was truly mesmerizing! I could have watched them all night.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5caa.jpg

I was also really looking forward to seeing these cuties! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cac.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cb1.jpg

And finally... the big man himself!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cb5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cbc.jpg

I loved this parade so much!!! It was everything my Disney and Christmas loving heart could have ever wanted. :inlove: I can't wait to see it again!

We waited a few minutes while the crowds cleared out and then hopped in line for a few pictures.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cbe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b86.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b87.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b88.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b8a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b8c.jpg

Thoughts on MVMCP... it's amazing in every sense of the word. The entertainment, the treats, the ambiance. I will absolutely be doing this every year to kick off the holiday season! I wish that they gave better discounts for passholders because I would go twice. :p For me, this party far surpassed the Halloween party.

Merry Disney Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, November 18

Happy birthday Mickey! Where else would I spend today? :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cc3.jpg

I knew it would be busy, but I didn't think it would be nearly as bad as what it was. On top of the pre-Thanksgiving and Mickey's birthday crowds, it was also Dapper Day. I tried to not be annoyed by those participating, but it was hard. They really had no respect for regular park goers... they were EVERYWHERE and would stop dead in the middle of the walkway to take pictures together. They also hogged the photo pass lines... I don't usually get PP pictures alone, but I had heard that there were special birthday props so I was intrigued. There was no way I was waiting in those long lines, though. :cautious:

Moving on!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cc4.jpg

It was a warm, beautiful day! I tried to get some pictures of the window displays, but the sun made it difficult!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cc6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cc7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cc8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ccb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cce.jpg

MK is just so festive. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ccd.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, November 18

The buttons that they were handing out are adorable! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ccf.jpg

I enjoyed a Dole Whip to celebrate Mickey's big day! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d20.jpg

Believe it or not, I've never seen Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire. :eek: I was actually on my way out of the hub when the music started playing and stopped me dead in my tracks. :p I grabbed the best spot I could manage and decided to watch!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cd1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cd6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cd8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cdb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cdc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cdf.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cec.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cf6.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, November 18 cont.

My FP+ was for a wild ride in the wilderness!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d24.jpg

The next FP+ that I had booked wasn't for awhile and I just didn't feel like battling the crowds any longer. I cancelled whatever others I had scheduled and grabbed a snack before walking out.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d25.jpg

Dylan had just gotten off of work and was planning on playing 9 holes before heading home (ahem.. the Disney Golf Guru @wdisney9000). He asked if I would come and ride in the cart with him, and who am I to pass up time with my prince? :inlove: I took the monorail to the Poly and then would walk the rest of the way.

Poly Christmas decorations!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d26.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d27.jpg

I loved this tree! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d29.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d2b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d2c.jpg

Soon I was outside and enjoying a serene walk on the path to Shades of Green.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d2e.jpg

Right after I took this, I saw a good lookin' golfer riding toward me on a golf cart so decided to take a ride with him. :inlove:

DisneyPrincess5

I LOVE your window display photos! Those are one of my favorite things about Main Street. As a kid, I had Mickeys Christmas Carol on VHS. I adored and I watched it so much that the box became tattered and unusable eventually. So fun to see it come to life in the windows.

And thank you for all your park updates! It makes me feel like I’m there.

joshsprincess921

View attachment 250932

And finally... the big man himself!
View attachment 250933

View attachment 250934

I loved this parade so much!!! It was everything my Disney and Christmas loving heart could have ever wanted. :inlove: I can't wait to see it again!

We waited a few minutes while the crowds cleared out and then hopped in line for a few pictures.
View attachment 250935

View attachment 250929

View attachment 250930

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
View attachment 250931

View attachment 250927

View attachment 250928

Thoughts on MVMCP... it's amazing in every sense of the word. The entertainment, the treats, the ambiance. I will absolutely be doing this every year to kick off the holiday season! I wish that they gave better discounts for passholders because I would go twice. :p For me, this party far surpassed the Halloween party.

Merry Disney Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!

Clarabelle is a regular on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so my son definitely knows who she is. As for Wreck It Ralph, the only thing I can think is because of the Sugar Rush game that is in the movie and that's where the little girl comes from. She drives a candy cart...so Halloween and Christmas?? LOL

blreinsel

Original Poster
I LOVE your window display photos! Those are one of my favorite things about Main Street. As a kid, I had Mickeys Christmas Carol on VHS. I adored and I watched it so much that the box became tattered and unusable eventually. So fun to see it come to life in the windows.

And thank you for all your park updates! It makes me feel like I’m there.

Aww happy to help! :) The window displays were so neat!

Clarabelle is a regular on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so my son definitely knows who she is. As for Wreck It Ralph, the only thing I can think is because of the Sugar Rush game that is in the movie and that's where the little girl comes from. She drives a candy cart...so Halloween and Christmas?? LOL

Gotcha.. I didn't realize that Clarabelle made appearances on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! I can see the loose ties to Halloween and Christmas based solely on the candy factor... but still not enough to make me view them as valuable additions to the parades when there are so many other characters to choose from! :rolleyes:

Really GOOD :) pics thank you for sharing them with everyone. :D

Aww thanks for following along! I love sharing my Disney adventures! :)

krisri18

Or maybe Disney is just trying to get everyone on the Wreck It Ralph 2 bandwagon?

kaitertot5249

On top of the pre-Thanksgiving and Mickey's birthday crowds, it was also Dapper Day. I tried to not be annoyed by those participating, but it was hard.
I've always wondered what Dapper Day would be like in the park. I've seen pictures on Instagram and have never fully understood how those days worked. From what you explained, it sounds like a day to avoid!

I also wanted to mention, that Cody proposed to me on November 18 and he had no idea it was Mickey's birthday. It still added a touch of Disney to our engagement story so I was happy :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I've always wondered what Dapper Day would be like in the park. I've seen pictures on Instagram and have never fully understood how those days worked. From what you explained, it sounds like a day to avoid!

I also wanted to mention, that Cody proposed to me on November 18 and he had no idea it was Mickey's birthday. It still added a touch of Disney to our engagement story so I was happy :inlove:

MISERABLE! That's what it was like. Don't do it! Lol. I guess I just don't totally understand the concept so it's easy to become annoyed.

That's a super special Disney touch! :inlove: The excitement never wears off! I still get just as giddy thinking about it as I did the day Dylan proposed. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom