Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

MegRuss626

Wednesday, December 6

As I mentioned, Dylan's dad and girlfriend were in town visiting for the week. Dylan was given some free tickets for Christmas from work, so we were able to take them to Disney for a day. I obviously had to work, so didn't join them until later in the afternoon. They started the day at Hollywood Studios.
View attachment 252312

View attachment 252311

They rode RnRC single rider and ended up with this gem of a ride picture. :hilarious: Somehow Dylan and Temika ended up in the same car, while his dad rode separately.
View attachment 252310

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 252307

I'm not sure what all they accomplished at HS, but their next stop was AK which is where I met up with them.
View attachment 252313

View attachment 252314

View attachment 252308

We were all hungry so headed to Satu'li Canteen for dinner. I had the beef bowl with rice and the creamy herb dressing. This is such a great QS meal and is super filling!
View attachment 252315

I also tried the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse FINALLY and oh my was it worth the wait. :hungry: This is a must-try!
View attachment 252309

After dinner, we grabbed a Night Blossom and hopped in the standby line for FOP. I think it was posted at something like 210 minutes. We had only been waiting for a little while when the line suddenly began moving at a rapid pace. We ended up waiting a total of 45 minutes before we were sitting on our banshees, waiting for our flight to begin. It was the strangest thing, but we certainly weren't complaining! Everybody was naturally very impressed with the ride. :)

We then headed out of the park and over to MK, just in time to claim a spot for Happily Ever After. It was pretty busy, but we were able to find a pretty good view. Once again, they were super impressed with the spectacle that is HEA. :inlove:
View attachment 252316

A perfect way to end any day!

Love your Lularoe!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 10

I had been wanting to see the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs for weeks but just hadn't made it there yet. Dylan was working this morning so it was the perfect opportunity to go check it out. :) My main motivation was the free Disney Weddings pin that they were giving out. :rolleyes: The trail was PACKED and naturally people can't just take their pictures and then move out of the way. I was extremely frustrated by the time I finished, but kept meeting up with a lady who was feeling the same way and we had some good laughs about it. :p

Anyway, enjoy the magic of Disney tree decorating! :) Sorry that the lighting is bad in some of them.

I love this one! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5db5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5db6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5db7.jpg

My FAVORITE of them all! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5db8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5db9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dba.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dbb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dbc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dc8.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 10 cont.

After my Disney Springs adventure, I headed over to Epcot to try out the Holiday Kitchens. Dylan met me there and we immediately headed toward WS! Dylan suggested that I angle this picture so that Spaceship Earth was in the middle... don't even try to tell me that he hasn't been converted. :p:inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dcc.jpg

We stumbled across this show so decided to stop and watch. I had just been telling Dylan about this a few days earlier, so it was pure luck that we got to see it today. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dcf.jpg

After the show, we were still having trouble finding something that sounded good enough to try. :depressed: We finally stopped in Italy and tried the first two options on the menu.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dcd.jpg

I don't do seafood and Dylan thought the salmon was nasty. The other offering was okay, but not great. This was the only booth we ended up trying... we were both highly disappointed in the Holiday Kitchens. :depressed:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dce.jpg

We decided to head back in the other direction to find a real meal at one of the QS restaurants. Germany looked beautiful in its holiday outfit. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd0.jpg

We decided on Lotus Blossom Cafe in the China pavilion.. this is one of our favorite QS spots and we eat here often!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd1.jpg

Now with full bellies, we headed back to Future World for our FP+'s. I wanted to get a picture in front of this, but the line was pretty long so we passed.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd9.jpg

Our first FP+ was for Soarin'! We got the middle glider so were able to enjoy most of the ride sans-distortions. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd3.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 10 cont.

Our next FP+ was for Living with the Land. Their Christmas decorations were adorable! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd8.jpg

After our boat ride, we backtracked a bit to get some sweet treats from the Holiday Kitchen that actually had worthwhile offerings. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dd2.jpg

We both had the Warm Apple Fritter and it was soooo good! :joyfull: I also had a hot chocolate, which was also good!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dda.jpg

We decided that it was time to head out.. Spaceship Earth looked stunning under the setting sun. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ddb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ddc.jpg

Again, a picture in front of this would have been great but the lines were just too long for our liking. This will have to do. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ddd.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, December 15

We haven't spent a whole lot of time at Disney Springs since moving here.. we typically go to DS with a single destination in mind and that's the only place we go. Tonight was a different experience and was the first time that I've actually taken the time to walk around and take in the evening atmosphere that DS has to offer.

We started with dinner at The Polite Pig.. we had a decent wait before placing our order, but our food came out quickly after doing so. Dylan had the BBQ Cheddar Sausage with sweet potato tots. I had the Smoked & Fried Chicken Sandwich with mac and cheese. Our mains were pretty good but the sides stole the show. DELICIOUS! :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dde.jpg

After dinner, we just started walking around and checking out the nighttime scene. We stumbled across this band, Mighty Swell, which turned out to be amazing! They play every Friday and Saturday night, so I'm hoping to get back to see them again in the future. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5de3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5de4.jpg

We were also entertained by these people dancing. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ddf.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5de2.jpg

We had a really fun evening and I think that this experience will encourage us to spend more time at DS in the future. :) It really does have a lot to offer!

blreinsel

Original Poster
This is a random picture from back in September that I forgot to include, but I figured it was worth mentioning because some people may not be aware. :) There's a photo booth in the gift shop that you exit into after riding Space Mountain. If you have Memory Maker, the pictures are free with your package and are loaded onto your account like any other PhotoPass picture. The more you know! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d4e.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
How thoughtful of you to have ice cream in honour of my return to the UK - that looked real yummy!
Looks like a fun time with your friends - the picture poses are adorable and what a nice thing to look back on over the years. They should have known better and listened to you and done the full Disney thing (over a Universal one)
Happy belated birthday to Dylan.

Love that brownie sundae! :)

Thank you for the birthday wishes! :) I always think of you when eating ice cream in the World. I'm sure that my friends will listen to me if they book another trip in the future. ;)

I actually liked this pic with the reflection of the tree in the water

Max

Thanks Max! :) Patiently waiting for the rest of your report!

Love your Lularoe!

Thank you! It's a sick addiction. :p

Ahhhh what is it?!!! I have no need to go to this show if he’s not there haha :joyfull:

Lol right!? It's @equityben :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 24 - Merry Christmas Eve!

I still hadn't made it to see the decorations at the monorail resorts, so that was my goal for today while Dylan was working. I parked at the TTC and upon seeing the line for security, decided to take the peaceful walk to the Poly instead. ;)

MUCH better.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df5.jpg

I was hungry, so stopped by Captain Cooks for some pulled pork nachos before beginning my tour of the resorts! These are good, but I do prefer the ones from Tambu Lounge.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df6.jpg

Speaking of Tambu, I made my way upstairs after lunch to grab a Pina Colava for the road. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df7.jpg

I continued my quiet walk along the path to the Grand Floridian.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df8.jpg

I was already enjoying my Christmas Eve adventure, but nothing could prepare me for what would happen next. :eek::D

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 24 cont.

I came around the bend and to my absolute delight, the wedding pavilion gates were OPEN! :joyfull::inlove: As I made my way down the ramp, I was downright giddy! :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5df9.jpg

Looking back the other way.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e2d.jpg

Boat dock
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dfa.jpg

I think I actually squealed when I saw this. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dfb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dfc.jpg

View from underneath the arch
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dfd.jpg

Now let me take a selfie :p A freaking selfie standing under the wedding pavilion arch!!!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5dff.jpg

I stayed here for a lonnnnng time, enjoying the rest of my drink and mentally preparing myself to go inside. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e00.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e01.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e02.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

One last picture before going inside! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e03.jpg

Beautiful mirrors right inside the doors
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e20.jpg

One of the sitting areas.. I assume this is maybe where the guys would get ready?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e06.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e08.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e09.jpg

LOOK AT THE MIRROR! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e0a.jpg

Another sitting room on the other side of the building
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e1f.jpg

And its adorable bathroom mirror details :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e1e.jpg

Pretty lights for @Doc Disney :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e0d.jpg

And the stunning double doors that lead into the chapel :inlove: Can you imagine having those doors pulled open for you to walk down the aisle? :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e2a.jpg

Here's a video of the lobby area... they played Disney music the entire time I was inside. :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster

Are you ready for this? It took my breath away. :inlove: There were a couple of people inside when I first got there, but they left just as I was ready to walk into the chapel. I literally had the entire place to myself. :joyfull: There's not much I can say to put this all into words, so I'll keep my commentary to a minimum. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e0f.jpg

8Vs4ii3iRcKpZpjRqGdKXw_thumb_5e1c.jpg

Looking back the other way
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e18.jpg

How's this for a light @Doc Disney? :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e13.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e14.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e16.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e17.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e19.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e1a.jpg

Details and hidden Mickey's on the wall :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e1b.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

A few selfies :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e10.jpg

mDmzoI4FQ+utOTmEoFh9RA_thumb_5e2c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e2b.jpg

When I walked down the aisle, At Last I See the Light was playing and I cried the whole way down. :hilarious: A mixture of my dream of being there come true and imagining walking down the aisle to Dylan in a little over a year... that's my excuse. :rolleyes::inlove: It was such an amazing experience and being in there alone made it even more special.

I spent quite awhile walking around and just soaking it all in, but eventually other people came so I decided to walk over to the other building. I think this is probably where the ladies would get ready. :) I sent pictures to my matron of honor and she was 100% on board. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e21.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e22.jpg

That vanity is what dreams are made of. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e23.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e25.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e24.jpg

I made myself at home. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e26.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

I continued making myself at home and relaxed in the comfy chairs scattered throughout the room. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e28.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e29.jpg

I actually went back into the main building for a little while after this, as the other people had left. More time to enjoy the place all to myself. :p

This was seriously a dream come true. I've obsessed over the wedding pavilion for years and never imagined that I would have the opportunity to go inside, let alone without other people around. Pictures will never do it justice.. it was absolutely stunning, spectacular, beautiful, and every other word you can come up with. :inlove: I'm going to start begging Dylan now to renew our vows here someday. :p

I continued the walk to the GF and was soon greeted by this lovely view.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e2e.jpg

I made my way over to the gingerbread house next. It really does smell amazing!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e33.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e34.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e2f.jpg

Window details!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e30.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e31.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e32.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e35.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom