Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm a month behind on my reporting... time to get this Christmastime show on the road!

Friday, November 10

I'm not one to celebrate Christmas before Thanksgiving. I'm all about a holiday that involves gorging myself and then sitting around with loved ones for the rest of the day. However, I ADORE Christmas and am always anxious for it to be the appropriate time to start celebrating. That being said, I broke my own rule this year and went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party long before Thanksgiving. :p In my defense, the November dates are cheaper and my parents were in town for the weekend.

Originally, Dylan planned to go with my mom and I. Then he backed out because he didn't want to pay to go to MK when he "can go there any day without paying extra." :cautious: I pouted and told him that it was fine and I'd just go with my mom. He texted me while I was at school a few days later and asked if it was too late to get him a ticket and if not, he'd like to go with us and spend the evening doing something new because he knew it meant a lot to me. :inlove: This is why I'm marrying him.

Hello MK! I love the Mickey snowmen. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b96.jpg

We stopped on our way inside for a picture, but the photographer was readjusting her settings since the sun was starting to go down. She said that she needed to do a few practice shots and to give her a minute. At some point, she started taking "real pictures" and Dylan didn't realize. We asked her to take another one so he could actually smile, and she did, but she didn't give us this magic shot again. :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b7c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b7e.jpg

This was only the second night of the party and though it wasn't sold out like the first, it was definitely busy.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b97.jpg

We had a FP+ for Jingle Cruise so that was our first stop. I've wanted to experience this overlay for so long! :joyfull: Unfortunately, my pictures didn't really turn out because of the time of day. I'll share them anyway. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b98.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b99.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b9a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b9b.jpg

A blurry gorilla Christmas party. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b9d.jpg

And the rhino returned to spread some Christmas cheer. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b9f.jpg

I really enjoyed the overlay! I'm always a fan of the corny Jungle Cruise humor, so adding a Christmas twist was just my speed. I'd really like to ride it again before it returns to its normal state, but I'm running out of time to experience all of the Christmas offerings that I want to experience! :eek:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, November 10 cont.

We were hungry after our cruise, so we decided to grab dinner at Pecos Bill.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba1.jpg

We shared the platter and the nachos.. it was plenty of food for the three of us and it was all delicious! I did notice a CM monitoring the toppings bar to prevent people from taking advantage of it, I assume.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba3.jpg

Christmas cups! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba4.jpg

As we finished our dinner, the party was officially starting. We decided that a quick spin on Big Thunder was in order while we were in the area!

Some more projections on our way.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba6.jpg

We basically walked on and were soon cruising through the wild, wild west!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba7.jpg

Next, we stopped at the treat stop in Liberty Square for the eggnog and molasses cookie. They were both YUMMY! Two flavors that just scream Christmas. :) I was surprised that we got two cookies but certainly wasn't complaining. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba8.jpg

I mean... I didn't think that the castle could get any more beautiful. I was wrong. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ba9.jpg

I'm going to miss the Christmas lights so much when they go away. :cry: I literally can't tear my eyes away.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5baa.jpg

We split up for a bit so that my mom and I could shop for party merchandise and meet some characters.. Dylan had no interest so he went and rode Space Mountain. My mom and I stopped in Storybook Circus for the peppermint cookies and chocolate milk. We enjoyed our snacks while we waited in line for Minnie and Daisy. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bab.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

We waited around 30-ish minutes to meet the girls, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Unfortunately, we did miss the castle lighting, but I guess there's always next year. :rolleyes:

When it was almost our turn, they took a break. Donald was taking a break at the same time and came running over to see Daisy before he went backstage. I can't handle the cuteness. :inlove::inlove::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bac.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b80.jpg

Their outfits are so adorable! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b81.jpg

We were on FaceTime with my niece and nephew while we were meeting them, so we didn't end up getting a picture together. But the kids were super excited so it's okay. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b84.jpg

Dylan's activity (and failed ride photo). :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b7f.jpg

We met back up after the meet and greet and headed to Tomorrowland to watch A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. :) There wasn't a huge crowd, so we were able to walk right up and be in the second row of people.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bae.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bb0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bb3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bbd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bbe.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

Santa Stitch is adorable! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bc0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bc7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bce.jpg

I thought that it was a really cute show and I'm glad we were able to catch it! I like that Tomorrowland was kind of showcased because it seems to often fall to the wayside.

We stopped in Auntie Gravity's for a snow cone and Santa cookie.. I didn't eat a cookie because I don't like this kind, but the snow cone was yummy. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bd1.jpg

We made our way to the castle stage to claim a spot for Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration. I can't recommend getting a good spot for this show enough. It was AMAZING! :joyfull: I took a few pictures while we waited.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bd2.jpg

This random Snapchat filter popped up so we decided to use it. :hilarious: We have no idea who these people are.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bd3.jpg

Can you even handle their Christmas outfits? Because I really can't. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bd9.jpg

I also can't deal with how homey and beautiful the castle looks! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bdb.jpg

The doorbell kept ringing throughout the show to say that new people were arriving for the festivities and each time it did, Pluto would bark. :hilarious: I thought that it was a really funny, realistic touch. At least that's what happens at our house. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5be0.jpg

They did this goofy song about cell phones/texting and I couldn't help but love it. It was such a millennial thing to add to the show. :hilarious: I've read mixed reviews of this portion of the show, but I found it quite entertaining.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5be3.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

More Merriest Celebration pictures! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5be5.jpg

This was the "All I Want for Christmas is You" section. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5be6.jpg

I love the reindeer!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5be9.jpg

Woody and friends joined the party for the next song!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bee.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bf0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bf2.jpg

The three caballeros then appeared to sing Feliz Navidad.. I love that they're part of the show! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bf3.jpg

Gang's all here!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5bfd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c00.jpg

These two :inlove: aren't they just dapper!?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c02.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

I thought that I couldn't handle the cuteness of their first outfits... this is a full blown cuteness OVERLOAD! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c07.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c0c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c0d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c0f.jpg

And that's a wrap! I'm obsessed with this show... it was so Disney and was entertaining the entire way through. If you're going to the party, please make sure you don't miss this!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c15.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c19.jpg

When the show ended, I made a rookie mistake. I chose to stay where we were for Holiday Wishes.. we were much too close and could barely see anything. I just didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and trying to push our way further into the hub, but I was regretting it when the fireworks started. These are the only two pictures that were even half decent. :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c1e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c23.jpg

I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Holiday Wishes. The tail end of the show and finale were cool, but I wasn't left saying "wow!" Our view could have had something to do with my perception, but I think it's mostly a result of Happily Ever After being so amazing. I'm so spoiled by the caliber of that show that all others pale in comparison. The soundtrack was also kind of disappointing.. I really just expected more out of this show. :(

We did decide to move onto Main Street to claim a spot for the parade. My mom and I ducked into the Emporium to grab a few more things while Dylan stayed in our spot. I loved the falling snow while we waited.. this is the only kind of snow I'm interested in seeing. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c28.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
MVMCP looks like SO much fun!
All those festive treats! :hungry:

Thanks as always for sharing!
Now go do Candlelight Processional

It was a blast! Soooo worth the money. I'm really hoping to fit Candlelight in but this month is just flying by. :arghh:

We are headed to the party on Tuesday night! Can't wait. Just hoping to get everything accomplished that we want. There is so much to see and do.

Yay! You'll have so much fun! I really wish the parties were longer so you didn't have to rush as much, but with a good plan you can see all of the special entertainment. I just hope it's a warmer evening for you than this weekend. :cold:

Pixieish

I thought that I couldn't handle the cuteness of their first outfits... this is a full blown cuteness OVERLOAD! :inlove:
View attachment 249154

View attachment 249150

View attachment 249151

View attachment 249152

And that's a wrap! I'm obsessed with this show... it was so Disney and was entertaining the entire way through. If you're going to the party, please make sure you don't miss this!
View attachment 249155

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
View attachment 249156

When the show ended, I made a rookie mistake. I chose to stay where we were for Holiday Wishes.. we were much too close and could barely see anything. I just didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and trying to push our way further into the hub, but I was regretting it when the fireworks started. These are the only two pictures that were even half decent. :(
View attachment 249153

View attachment 249157

I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Holiday Wishes. The tail end of the show and finale were cool, but I wasn't left saying "wow!" Our view could have had something to do with my perception, but I think it's mostly a result of Happily Ever After being so amazing. I'm so spoiled by the caliber of that show that all others pale in comparison. The soundtrack was also kind of disappointing.. I really just expected more out of this show. :(

We did decide to move onto Main Street to claim a spot for the parade. My mom and I ducked into the Emporium to grab a few more things while Dylan stayed in our spot. I loved the falling snow while we waited.. this is the only kind of snow I'm interested in seeing. :p
View attachment 249158

That first pic of the castle you posted with the fireworks and smoke behind it is AMAZING!!! It may not be a typical fireworks shot, but it is seriously awesome! Do you mind if I share it with my Disney Facebook group?

blreinsel

Original Poster
That first pic of the castle you posted with the fireworks and smoke behind it is AMAZING!!! It may not be a typical fireworks shot, but it is seriously awesome! Do you mind if I share it with my Disney Facebook group?

Aww thank you! You are more than welcome to share it. :)

Matt and Kelly

It was a blast! Soooo worth the money. I'm really hoping to fit Candlelight in but this month is just flying by. :arghh:

Yay! You'll have so much fun! I really wish the parties were longer so you didn't have to rush as much, but with a good plan you can see all of the special entertainment. I just hope it's a warmer evening for you than this weekend. :cold:

We were at the parks and we were frozen! The kids did really well. You would think being from Canada it would feel like a nice fall day, but we were frozen. We did not pack accordingly lol!

Princess Leia

We were hungry after our cruise, so we decided to grab dinner at Pecos Bill.
View attachment 249084

We shared the platter and the nachos.. it was plenty of food for the three of us and it was all delicious! I did notice a CM monitoring the toppings bar to prevent people from taking advantage of it, I assume.
View attachment 249085

Christmas cups! :inlove:
View attachment 249086

As we finished our dinner, the party was officially starting. We decided that a quick spin on Big Thunder was in order while we were in the area!

Some more projections on our way.
View attachment 249087

View attachment 249088

We basically walked on and were soon cruising through the wild, wild west!
View attachment 249089

Next, we stopped at the treat stop in Liberty Square for the eggnog and molasses cookie. They were both YUMMY! Two flavors that just scream Christmas. :) I was surprised that we got two cookies but certainly wasn't complaining. :p
View attachment 249090

I mean... I didn't think that the castle could get any more beautiful. I was wrong. :inlove:
View attachment 249091

I'm going to miss the Christmas lights so much when they go away. :cry: I literally can't tear my eyes away.
View attachment 249092

We split up for a bit so that my mom and I could shop for party merchandise and meet some characters.. Dylan had no interest so he went and rode Space Mountain. My mom and I stopped in Storybook Circus for the peppermint cookies and chocolate milk. We enjoyed our snacks while we waited in line for Minnie and Daisy. :)
View attachment 249093
I went to Pecos Bill’s for the first time this trip, and I couldn’t believe that the toppings bar is a free for all. We ordered nachos and fajitas to split between the 4 of us, and with the toppings bar, it was the perfect amount for a large snack/mini meal. I’m definitely recommending it to anyone I know going to Magic Kingdom.

blreinsel

Original Poster
We were at the parks and we were frozen! The kids did really well. You would think being from Canada it would feel like a nice fall day, but we were frozen. We did not pack accordingly lol!

I was at Sea World with friends last night and Dylan and I popped into Epcot today... I've been frozen for two days! Lol. I did NOT move from Pennsylvania for this nonsense. :p I had the same thought as you... with the sun being out I thought for sure it would warm things up a bit. No such luck. :cold: Glad you guys were able to have a good day regardless!

I went to Pecos Bill’s for the first time this trip, and I couldn’t believe that the toppings bar is a free for all. We ordered nachos and fajitas to split between the 4 of us, and with the toppings bar, it was the perfect amount for a large snack/mini meal. I’m definitely recommending it to anyone I know going to Magic Kingdom.

It's a hidden gem for sure!

Love your shirt you wore to MVMCP...I bought the same one this weekend!! I can't wait to attend another Christmas party, it's been way too long since we've been.

Thank you! I wish the tickets weren't so expensive.. I totally would have went again! Lol. Guess there's always next year. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster

Just before the parade started, a bunch of these CM's came running into the street to entertain the crowd.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c29.jpg

It was cute and fun for the kids! I felt a little uncomfortable because she kept throwing the ball to people and I didn't want it thrown to me... mostly because I can't catch. :hilarious: I avoided eye contact and she left me alone. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c2c.jpg

Here they come!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c31.jpg

Their Christmas outfits are TOO CUTE. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c36.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c3f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c43.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c44.jpg

The ice harvesters were entertaining! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c50.jpg

Hey Kristoff. :inlove::p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c57.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c59.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

I just don't understand why Wreck It Ralph appears in both the Halloween and Christmas parade. It's not even a popular movie?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c5d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c5f.jpg

The cutest little bakers I ever did see. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c67.jpg

These guys were adorable, too!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c6d.jpg

I don't totally understand her appearance in the parades either. Do kids even know who she is?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c71.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c77.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c7b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c7e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c80.jpg

These horses were STUNNING! :inlove: Maybe this is how I'll arrive at my wedding. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c85.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom