Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I spent it at SDL!!

Jordan Spieth was at Disney World!!!

JK

Max

So jealous that you got to experience SDL!! Looking forward to reading all about it. :)

Wouldn't that be a story to tell Dylan? :hilarious:

LOVED your report on MVCP! It looks like so much fun. The shows and parades especially! One day I will finally get there for Christmas.

We had a blast! Christmas at Disney is truly magical... I'm so sad that the decorations will be coming down soon. :(

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, November 24

I don't have a lot of pictures from this day because I was trying to actually enjoy being in the moment, but I'll include the few that I do have. ;)

Back home in PA, I grew up next door to an amazing family who we remain close with. We were the best of friends growing up and still talk frequently as adults! Niki and I graduated together, while Daneka is 2 years younger than us. Their family was visiting the week of Thanksgiving, spending two days at Universal and two days at Disney. They're huge Harry Potter fans, so I let it slide. ;) They stayed on property at Uni for the entirety of their trip and without boring you with all of the details, their final thoughts on booking through Universal were NEVER AGAIN. Makes my Disney heart happy. :p

Anyway, I met them mid-afternoon to spend the rest of the day together. MK was a madhouse and the only way to get around was by shuffling. :cautious: When I arrived, they were waiting standby for Big Thunder. I decided to grab a sweet treat while I waited in honor of @Longers who had just returned "home." :) Auntie Gravity's has the best ice cream!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d50.jpg

After a long trek across the park, we met up at Jingle Cruise for their FP+. I waited for them to finish up and then we headed to Columbia Harbor House for dinner. I don't like seafood so went with the chicken nuggets. Everybody agreed that the food was great. :)

The wait times for everything were outrageous so we decided to watch Philharmagic and visit the Laugh Floor. Both were hits with everybody, but they were tiring after already doing two full days at Uni. We waited standby for Haunted Mansion before making our way toward Main Street to do some shopping and to claim a spot for Happily Ever After.

We took some pictures as well. :) They had decided on Uni's version of PhotoPass and were LARGELY disappointed with it. The pictures were just awful. Once again, they were wishing they would have taken my advice and booked with Disney. ;) Since Memory Maker is included in my AP, we scanned the pictures to my band and I just sent them to them later. I felt bad that they hadn't gotten any good family pictures, so made sure to encourage them to take advantage, which they did. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d32.jpg

We started this weird tradition many years ago and still to this day take this picture at every event we attend together. We call it our "annual picture." :rolleyes::hilarious: The goal is to someday compile all of the shots we've taken over the years to see the progression. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d33.jpg

We moved into the middle of Main Street and sat down to wait on the fireworks. I would have liked to have gotten a bit closer to the castle, but our spot was pretty good considering the amount of people in the park that day. I kept talking up HEA but they had no idea what they were about to experience. :p They were AMAZED and it was so funny to listen to their reactions throughout the show. They kept saying over and over again how glad they were that they decided to stay and watch even though they were exhausted.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d52.jpg

We stopped by Starbucks on the way out for some warm drinks to enjoy on the way home.
23844368_1761663997212260_8626848700593763721_n.jpg

We parted ways at the TTC but had plans to meet up again the next day! :)

Saturday, November 25

Fast forward to the next day... I have a Disney Visa and have been accumulating points for years. I finally deiced to cash in and get my rewards card which can only mean one thing... Disney Springs shopping spree!!! :joyfull: Isn't it every Disney lover's dream to be able to spend money at Disney without feeling any sense of guilt? :D I got sooooo many cute things that I'd had my eye on, so I was a happy camper!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d53.jpg

Today was also Dylan's birthday, however he had to work most of the day. :( I stopped at Blaze for lunch and decided to drop one off to him at work since we weren't able to celebrate until tomorrow. :)

Once I arrived at AK, they told me that they were waiting standby for Flight of Passage. I decided to grab Starbucks and wait for them outside of Everest, which was their next FP+.

Basic. :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d56.jpg

Double basic. :cool::cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d57.jpg

Paper straws are NOT good for drinking a frappuccino. :cautious: I had a soggy straw by the time I got to the bottom of my drink. :hungover:

I sat outside of Everest for a LONG time, still no word that they were on their way over. Long story short, FOP kept breaking down on top of an already long wait. They ended up cancelling their Everest FP+ because they were going to miss it anyway. While I was waiting, I was browsing the app for FP+'s to keep myself busy. I ended up stumbling across one for FOP in a couple of hours. :eek::joyfull: Score! As for them? They waited 5 hours before finally getting to ride. :banghead:

I decided to walk to Pandora to wait and for a change of scenery. I perched myself on a rock right next to these guys and was entertained by them soaking people who passed by. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5a.jpg

I also noticed that they've created another rookery outside in the middle of Pandora. I just wonder how long the banshees will be a big seller for?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d58.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, November 25, cont.

One more Pandora picture while I waited. :) My spot was tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the land and was truly peaceful. I enjoyed just sitting and people watching for awhile!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d59.jpg

When we finally met back up, we decided to grab some dinner since they had been in line since before lunch. o_O Half of us went to Flame Tree, while the others ate somewhere in the Harambe Market. Everybody enjoyed their meal!

We met back up for the safari.. they had FP+'s and I managed to find one that overlapped with their window so we could ride together. :) The animals were active and we had a fun adventure!

They decided to wait standby for Everest while I went to use my FOP FP+. :D It was a blast, as always!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5b.jpg

They were still in line for Everest, so I decided to go through the single rider line. I truly love AK at night. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5c.jpg

We ended up getting on pretty close to the same time.. they were only a train or two in front of me.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d44.jpg

After battling with the Yeti, they decided that they were ready to head back to their hotel. We stopped for some more pictures on the way out. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d46.jpg

:rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d48.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d4b.jpg

Last one. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d4c.jpg

I'm so happy that we were able to meet up for a few days! They were extremely grateful for my guidance in the parks, and I was more than happy to serve as "Tour Guide Brittany" as they kept calling me. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 26

Earlier in the week, I happened to notice an ADR for California Grill when I was perusing the app. It just so happened that I still hadn't settled on what I wanted to do for Dylan for his birthday, and this seemed like the perfect fix. :) Our reservation was for 5:30pm.

We checked in right on time and were seated immediately after exiting the elevator up to the 15th floor.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5d.jpg

We ordered drinks and enjoyed the atmosphere while waiting on our main courses. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5e.jpg

Can't beat the view. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d5f.jpg

Our server brought out the delicious bread for us to snack on.. I believe his name was Saad? Or something to that effect. He was really good! He was helpful, checked on us appropriately, but didn't linger or make us feel uncomfortable. Sometimes servers in the signatures are a little too over the top with checking on their tables, but he balanced it out perfectly.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d61.jpg

Before long, we were both feasting on the Oak-Fired Filet of Beef. We'd both been dreaming of having this meal again since June. :hungry: However, the mushroom risotto is FAR superior to the tomato. I went into the meal with an open mind and hoped that I would love this variation. It was fine, but the mushroom was heavenly. Looking at the menu today, it seems that neither risotto is being offered at the moment. :cautious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d62.jpg

We were too stuffed for dessert and had ice cream cake at home that we could eat later on. :) We grabbed a quick picture before settling up and heading out onto the observation deck.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d63.jpg

**sigh**
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d65.jpg

26 never looked so good. :joyfull::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d64.jpg

We headed out after spending a few minutes taking in the view, but not before relaxing on the couches. Dylan loves them for whatever reason. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d66.jpg

What a weirdo. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d68.jpg

California Grill was just as amazing this time as it was the first time we dined there. Maybe I was in a just-got-engaged daze last time and didn't notice, but I really noticed the kid problem this time around. There were a TON of infants/toddlers in the restaurant and they were making so much noise. Crying, whining, carrying on. We also watched a couple try to squeeze their double stroller through the tables. I'm a teacher.. I have a lot of patience for kids. However, I eat at places like CG for the atmosphere and the upscale experience. Not a single part of me wants to listen to kids while enjoying that experience. Bottom line, there should be an age requirement.

Anyway... It was a perfect evening celebrating the man who means so much to me! He deserves more than I could ever give him, but he seemed pretty satisfied with this attempt. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
You and Dylan are ADORABLE!

And...I couldn’t agree more about an age requirement at the Signatures (and I have a four-year old who wouldn’t meet that requirement). There are some places that need to be an adult-only experience.

Aww thank you! :inlove:

My thoughts exactly.. If I'm paying that much money, I want to really enjoy my time and not listen to crying kids. I teach 6 year olds... I get enough crying during the week. :hilarious:

Longers

How thoughtful of you to have ice cream in honour of my return to the UK - that looked real yummy!
Looks like a fun time with your friends - the picture poses are adorable and what a nice thing to look back on over the years. They should have known better and listened to you and done the full Disney thing (over a Universal one)
Happy belated birthday to Dylan.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, December 2

It had been awhile since I'd been to HS, so that was my destination for the day! :) This was also the first time that I'd gotten to see the Christmas decorations in person.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d6c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d6d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d6e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d6f.jpg

I had a FP+ for RnRC, so I headed there first! I came really close to losing my ears. :confused: I've worn ears on this ride before and didn't have any trouble. I guess the Christmas ears don't fit quite as tightly. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d34.jpg

Unfortunately, food was not served at the VIP afterparty, so I decided to visit PizzeRizzo to get something to eat. I will forever love this pizza. :hungry: The restaurant was pretty empty, so I was able to have a peaceful lunch upstairs!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d70.jpg

Santa stopped by for some lunch, too. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d71.jpg

This just gets worse and worse... what is even happening here?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d72.jpg

My next FP+ was for TOT so off I went!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d35.jpg

I checked in and then promptly checked back out after an uncomfortable experience in the elevator. I figured a sweet treat would calm my nerves. :rolleyes: I sat at a quiet table outside of Starring Rolls (RIP) and enjoyed my sundae.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d73.jpg

Longers

Saturday, December 2

It had been awhile since I'd been to HS, so that was my destination for the day! :) This was also the first time that I'd gotten to see the Christmas decorations in person.
View attachment 252272

View attachment 252273

View attachment 252274

View attachment 252275

I had a FP+ for RnRC, so I headed there first! I came really close to losing my ears. :confused: I've worn ears on this ride before and didn't have any trouble. I guess the Christmas ears don't fit quite as tightly. :rolleyes:
View attachment 252276

Unfortunately, food was not served at the VIP afterparty, so I decided to visit PizzeRizzo to get something to eat. I will forever love this pizza. :hungry: The restaurant was pretty empty, so I was able to have a peaceful lunch upstairs!
View attachment 252278

Santa stopped by for some lunch, too. :p
View attachment 252279

This just gets worse and worse... what is even happening here?
View attachment 252280

My next FP+ was for TOT so off I went!
View attachment 252277

I checked in and then promptly checked back out after an uncomfortable experience in the elevator. I figured a sweet treat would calm my nerves. :rolleyes: I sat at a quiet table outside of Starring Rolls (RIP) and enjoyed my sundae.
View attachment 252281
Love that brownie sundae! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, December 2 cont.

I stopped by Echo Lake to look at the beautiful tree and decorations. :) Weird lighting, unfortunately.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d7b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d75.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d79.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d74.jpg

There was a Frozen show starting soon, so I decided to go there next. I actually forgot about the special Christmas overlay, so I was happily surprised when I got into the theater and noticed the change in scenery. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d7c.jpg

I was THRILLED when my favorite historian ran onto the stage! :joyfull: I finally found him on Instagram so now know his showtimes daily. :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d7f.jpg

Olaf was a great addition to the show! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d80.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d82.jpg

Guys... this holiday overlay was AMAZING. I had real tears. :cry: I'm so sad that I didn't make it back to see it a second time.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d83.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

When I exited the theater, Dylan texted me to let me know that he was off of work and would be at HS soon so we could spend the rest of the evening together. :inlove: I started heading toward the front of the park so we could find each other easily.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d86.jpg

I just LOVE these! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d87.jpg

I also noticed this special decoration while I waited... :cautious: Nope.. that's not one of the Citizens of Hollywood.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d88.jpg

We stopped for a few pictures first. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d37.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d38.jpg

There weren't any worthwhile FP+'s available, so we decided to wait standby for TOT. I think it was posted at around 40 minutes, but the wait went by pretty quickly!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d39.jpg

Next, we rode RnRC in the single rider line. We ended up in the same limo, just a few cars apart. I noticed the Mickey stickers on this board for the first time. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d89.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d3a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d3b.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

When we exited RnRC, the show on the Hollywood Tower was playing. We actually had to get to the airport to pick up his dad, so we mostly watched over our shoulders as we walked. What we saw of the show was really cool! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d8b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d3e.jpg

Some last pictures of the decorations on our way out.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d8c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d8d.jpg

I would have liked to stay for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam but it just wasn't in the cards tonight. We never did end up getting to see it. :( There's always next year!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, December 6

As I mentioned, Dylan's dad and girlfriend were in town visiting for the week. Dylan was given some free tickets for Christmas from work, so we were able to take them to Disney for a day. I obviously had to work, so didn't join them until later in the afternoon. They started the day at Hollywood Studios.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d43.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d41.jpg

They rode RnRC single rider and ended up with this gem of a ride picture. :hilarious: Somehow Dylan and Temika ended up in the same car, while his dad rode separately.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d40.jpg

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d3f.jpg

I'm not sure what all they accomplished at HS, but their next stop was AK which is where I met up with them.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d54.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d55.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d4d.jpg

We were all hungry so headed to Satu'li Canteen for dinner. I had the beef bowl with rice and the creamy herb dressing. This is such a great QS meal and is super filling!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d90.jpg

I also tried the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse FINALLY and oh my was it worth the wait. :hungry: This is a must-try!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d8f.jpg

After dinner, we grabbed a Night Blossom and hopped in the standby line for FOP. I think it was posted at something like 210 minutes. We had only been waiting for a little while when the line suddenly began moving at a rapid pace. We ended up waiting a total of 45 minutes before we were sitting on our banshees, waiting for our flight to begin. It was the strangest thing, but we certainly weren't complaining! Everybody was naturally very impressed with the ride. :)

We then headed out of the park and over to MK, just in time to claim a spot for Happily Ever After. It was pretty busy, but we were able to find a pretty good view. Once again, they were super impressed with the spectacle that is HEA. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5d91.jpg

A perfect way to end any day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom