Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, December 24 cont.

I hopped on the monorail and rode around to the Contemporary.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e41.jpg

This was a really neat display, too!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e3e.jpg

Yummy treat offerings!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e42.jpg

I went with the frozen hot chocolate and it was soooo good! :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e43.jpg

I sat outside near the pool and enjoyed my drink in the warm Christmas Eve sunshine. :cool: I had an amazing, fun-filled day exploring the resorts and accomplished everything that I wanted to and more! :inlove: This is one Christmas Eve tradition that I can get used to. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e44.jpg

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I'm dying at how beautiful the chapel and sitting rooms are! I love gray, which most people find strange, but I love the color and simple decor of the furniture with the magical touches here and there on the mirrors and such. Sigh...

"I See the Light" was DH's and my wedding song, so I tear up every time I hear it too.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm dying at how beautiful the chapel and sitting rooms are! I love gray, which most people find strange, but I love the color and simple decor of the furniture with the magical touches here and there on the mirrors and such. Sigh...

"I See the Light" was DH's and my wedding song, so I tear up every time I hear it too.

It was so Disney... just magical and perfect in every way. :inlove: The music was the icing on the cake!

MegRuss626

More gingerbread house details!
View attachment 252431

View attachment 252432

View attachment 252433

Other decorations around the lobby :)
View attachment 252434

View attachment 252427

View attachment 252429

View attachment 252428

I had to buy a gingerbread house shingle to try! Spoiler alert: it was disgusting. :depressed: I love gingerbread, but this didn't taste anything like it.
View attachment 252430

YES to the shingle! I bought one in 2015 because it looked glorious so it would have to taste glorious too right?? NOPE! I threw mine away immediately! Just terrible!
And I hear ya about the lularoe! At least you a) live down there and go to the parks all the time and b) teach which means it’s totaly acceptable to wear Disney attire. As a retired teacher/current stay at home mom, mine is just a buying problem! Haha

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love the pictures of the wedding pavilion. We saw a bride and her wedding party getting their pictures done there. I love monorail resorts decorations. Too bad the shingle was gross

I might fall over from jealousy if I ever see a bridal party getting pictures done there! :p The decorations were really impressive! Wish I could say the same about the shingle. :cautious:

YES to the shingle! I bought one in 2015 because it looked glorious so it would have to taste glorious too right?? NOPE! I threw mine away immediately! Just terrible!
And I hear ya about the lularoe! At least you a) live down there and go to the parks all the time and b) teach which means it’s totaly acceptable to wear Disney attire. As a retired teacher/current stay at home mom, mine is just a buying problem! Haha

I was soooo excited to eat it for breakfast Christmas morning... Santa should have brought me something else. :depressed: I do get a lot of wear out of my collection. There's a district level person who visits our school often and always comments on my Disney wardrobe. :p As I tell her, "I do it for the kids." :rolleyes: Or something like that...

blreinsel

Original Poster
OMG! Poor Miss Piggy! What happened to that poor fountain?!

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
I am dying!!!! Its my absolute dream to get married there someday!

Also when we have dinner in a few weeks (in a few weeks?!) I need ALL the details!!!!

The fountain looks terrible. :oops: Even the plants looked better than whatever it has going on now!

It was AMAZING!!! All the details coming your way! I can't believe it's so soon! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: It feels like we made those plans forever ago!

amjt660

Premium Member
I continued the walk to the GF and was soon greeted by this lovely view.

upload_2017-12-28_8-52-7.png

Well the little girl is cute but I personally would not call him lovely !

I went with the frozen hot chocolate and it was soooo good! :hungry:
I am sorry - Frozen Hot - isn't that pretty much just a chocolate milk shake???

The pictures of the Wedding Pavilion and grounds are beautiful
Thanks for being a major league creeper and sharing them with us:eek:

Max

LisaBelle

The Christmas trees at DS are very fun to look at.
OMG! OMG! OMG! :inlove: I cannot believe you were able to actually go in the wedding pavilion!!! My sister and I were giddy just walking around the grounds and looking through the gates! Love your plan of a vow renewal there. Maybe my husband and I should do that for our 30th in 2019?! Thanks so much for sharing those glorious pictures with all of us!
Soooo disappointed that the gingerbread was gross! I LOVE gingerbread and have always wanted to see the GF gingerbread house and try one of the shingles. Guess I will just look and not eat if I ever get the chance to be there at Christmas!

kaitertot5249

The Wedding Pavillion :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I'm going to cross my fingers that I'm lucky enough to stumble across an open gate while we're there in June just so I can say I saw it. It looks incredible!

blreinsel

Original Poster

Hallelujah!!! :joyfull:

Wow!!! The wedding pavilion is BEAUTIFUL. Now how do I convince Daniel we should get married there?? ;)

Hopefully you have better luck than me. :p

Oh wow! The wedding pavilion is dreamy!
It makes me want to get married all over again!

The trees at DS were so cute! Some day, I'll do Christmastime at Disney...

It was perfect! Christmas at Disney is unlike anything I've ever experienced before! :inlove:

View attachment 252544
Well the little girl is cute but I personally would not call him lovely !

I am sorry - Frozen Hot - isn't that pretty much just a chocolate milk shake???

The pictures of the Wedding Pavilion and grounds are beautiful
Thanks for being a major league creeper and sharing them with us:eek:

Max

Lol! What would a Max reply be without a little snark. :rolleyes::p My "chocolate milkshake" was delicious, thank you very much!

The Christmas trees at DS are very fun to look at.
OMG! OMG! OMG! :inlove: I cannot believe you were able to actually go in the wedding pavilion!!! My sister and I were giddy just walking around the grounds and looking through the gates! Love your plan of a vow renewal there. Maybe my husband and I should do that for our 30th in 2019?! Thanks so much for sharing those glorious pictures with all of us!
Soooo disappointed that the gingerbread was gross! I LOVE gingerbread and have always wanted to see the GF gingerbread house and try one of the shingles. Guess I will just look and not eat if I ever get the chance to be there at Christmas!

It was a dream come true! 30th anniversary renewal at the wedding pavilion sounds like a perfect plan to me! :joyfull:

I was so disappointed about the gingerbread, too. :( Fear not, there are lots of other yummy treats for sale that could substitute! :p

The Wedding Pavillion :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I'm going to cross my fingers that I'm lucky enough to stumble across an open gate while we're there in June just so I can say I saw it. It looks incredible!

I'm not sure how often they do it but I'm hopeful that I stumble across open gates again sometime! Picture truly do not do it justice. :inlove:

wdwfamilynh

More gingerbread house details!
View attachment 252431

View attachment 252432

View attachment 252433

Other decorations around the lobby :)
View attachment 252434

View attachment 252427

View attachment 252429

View attachment 252428

I had to buy a gingerbread house shingle to try! Spoiler alert: it was disgusting. :depressed: I love gingerbread, but this didn't taste anything like it.
View attachment 252430
Glad to know I wasn’t the only one thinking the gingerbread was awful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom