Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

Songbird76

Monday, January 15 cont.

We returned and checked in 5 minutes early.. now allowed to proceed down the left side of the bridge. :cautious: When we exited the restaurant after our meal, there was a HUGE line waiting on the right side of the bridge. I will never understand why people don't preorder. I get that you might not know what you're in the mood for until the day of the meal, but I ordered our food in the car on the way to MK, so that's really not a reason. :in pain:

ANYWAY. Hello, BOG. :inlove:
View attachment 256714

View attachment 256715

View attachment 256716

I don't think I'll ever eat here without taking this picture. :joyfull:
View attachment 256712

Or this one.
View attachment 256720

Dylan wanted to eat in the West Wing, so the food picture lighting is a little off. :) We waited around 20 minutes for our food to come out, which was out of character for this restaurant.

Braised Pork for Dylan, which he really liked.
View attachment 256717

French Onion Soup and a Master's Cupcake for me. :inlove::hungry:
View attachment 256718

View attachment 256719

I really don't think that I'll ever get tired of BOG. I've had some so-so meals, but I still come back over and over again. The soup and dessert have always been top-notch, so those things alone will keep me coming back. One thing that was different since I last ate here in November.. Dylan's bowl and the plate my cupcake came out on are paper, but my soup was still in the usual bowl. It makes sense since this is technically a QS lunch option, so not sure if this is a permanent change or not.

We had other FP+'s scheduled for the afternoon, but we made the decision to cancel them and head out instead. The park was really busy and we opted for a quiet, lazy day at home. :) Donald sent us off with a wave!
View attachment 256713
My understanding is that the pre-order option does not work with the dining plan credits. So some of those people might be dining plan people. Also, there are SOOOO many people who do NO research before going to Disney. We had an ADR at Akershus on our last vacation and there was a group of people right in front of us at the check-in kiosk who did not have an ADR, and they were complaining that we were seated before them, and decided it must be because 2 of their party had ECVs and that there weren't enough tables that were handicap accessible. :rolleyes: No...it's just that you didn't reserve a table and I did it 6 months ago.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I see a wedding registry in your future....

I've been trying to think of a way to make a Disney registry happen lol. There are so many things that I want for our someday-house!

This collection is so cute!! Thanks for sharing! May need to leave extra room in my suitcase next month :inlove: Also room in my stomach for one of those pretzels! :hungry:

I love it! Different than anything I've seen before. :) The pretzel is delicious.. definitely try it out!

My understanding is that the pre-order option does not work with the dining plan credits. So some of those people might be dining plan people. Also, there are SOOOO many people who do NO research before going to Disney. We had an ADR at Akershus on our last vacation and there was a group of people right in front of us at the check-in kiosk who did not have an ADR, and they were complaining that we were seated before them, and decided it must be because 2 of their party had ECVs and that there weren't enough tables that were handicap accessible. :rolleyes: No...it's just that you didn't reserve a table and I did it 6 months ago.

I've preordered every time I've eaten at BOG, 3 of those times being on the dining plan, so I don't think that's the case. You are soooo right about people not doing their research, though. I encounter that frequently! :rolleyes:

Songbird76

I've been trying to think of a way to make a Disney registry happen lol. There are so many things that I want for our someday-house!

I love it! Different than anything I've seen before. :) The pretzel is delicious.. definitely try it out!

I've preordered every time I've eaten at BOG, 3 of those times being on the dining plan, so I don't think that's the case. You are soooo right about people not doing their research, though. I encounter that frequently! :rolleyes:
Huh....I was sure I read that Dining Plan users can not use the pre-order option. But maybe that's only at other counter service restaurants? BOG has had that option a lot longer, so maybe that have that worked out there.
And it used to be that you could just show up and have a great time, before there were fastpasses and ADRs and such. We did our Honeymoon at Disney and had a blast. And the first time we brought our kids, they had the paper fastpasses and we were with friends from Kissimmee, so they showed us the ropes and we relied on THEIR knowledge. But now, you really need to plan in advance and do some research if you really want a great experience. Otherwise you find yourself waiting in a 3 hour line for FoP, or not being able to go to a great restaurant. At that same Akershus lunch, the people at the table next to us had no idea it was a Character Dining experience. The Princesses came out and they were flabbergasted. Like, how did you MISS that??

*Flynnderella*

We’ve had the dining plan the last two times and have always pre-ordered at BOG! 👍🏼

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Huh....I was sure I read that Dining Plan users can not use the pre-order option. But maybe that's only at other counter service restaurants? BOG has had that option a lot longer, so maybe that have that worked out.
@Songbird76 I think you are confusing the new MOBILE PRE-ORDER option with BOG pre-order. Currently DDP users cannot use their dining credits when using the mobile pre-order option at counter service locations (and APers cannot use their discount.) This will probably change in the future. But DDP users have always been able to pre-order at BOG because the end transaction is handled by a cast member at a register, not electronically like the mobile order system.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
P.S. I CANNOT work out how to quote people properly on here :rolleyes::facepalm: so I apologise for that!!
If you want to reply to only one poster, just click “Reply” on the bottom right corner of the text box where their message is posted.
If you want to reply to multiple posters, click “+ Quote”. All those messages will be “saved” until you are ready to reply. Then click “Quote these messages” and the posts will appear in the same box for you to answer.

*Flynnderella*

If you want to reply to only one poster, just click “Reply” on the bottom right corner of the text box where their message is posted.
If you want to reply to multiple posters, click “+ Quote”. All those messages will be “saved” until you are ready to reply. Then click “Quote these messages” and the posts will appear in the same box for you to answer.

Ah HAAA! Thank you :)Let’s see if this reply works @Tuvalu

Sillysidewalker

You just saved me so much time. I didn’t realize just replying to one quotes their original message. I would always do the quote.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Huh....I was sure I read that Dining Plan users can not use the pre-order option. But maybe that's only at other counter service restaurants? BOG has had that option a lot longer, so maybe that have that worked out there.
And it used to be that you could just show up and have a great time, before there were fastpasses and ADRs and such. We did our Honeymoon at Disney and had a blast. And the first time we brought our kids, they had the paper fastpasses and we were with friends from Kissimmee, so they showed us the ropes and we relied on THEIR knowledge. But now, you really need to plan in advance and do some research if you really want a great experience. Otherwise you find yourself waiting in a 3 hour line for FoP, or not being able to go to a great restaurant. At that same Akershus lunch, the people at the table next to us had no idea it was a Character Dining experience. The Princesses came out and they were flabbergasted. Like, how did you MISS that??

@Tuvalu beat me to it ;)

I know that a lot of people don't like FP+ or the amount of planning that's necessary for a smooth and productive trip, but my Type A personalty appreciates it tremendously lol. I have no idea how somebody could NOT know that Akershus is a character meal. :hilarious: I typed it into Google just to see what comes up and literally every description starts with "Disney princesses..." :rolleyes: Some of the search results even mention dining with the princesses in the link. :banghead:

krisri18

@Tuvalu beat me to it ;)

I know that a lot of people don't like FP+ or the amount of planning that's necessary for a smooth and productive trip, but my Type A personalty appreciates it tremendously lol. I have no idea how somebody could NOT know that Akershus is a character meal. :hilarious: I typed it into Google just to see what comes up and literally every description starts with "Disney princesses..." :rolleyes: Some of the search results even mention dining with the princesses in the link. :banghead:
Those are the same people that think they can ride Space Mtn at Epcot or that the monorail just loops through all 4 parks. Lol

Songbird76

@Songbird76 I think you are confusing the new MOBILE PRE-ORDER option with BOG pre-order. Currently DDP users cannot use their dining credits when using the mobile pre-order option at counter service locations (and APers cannot use their discount.) This will probably change in the future. But DDP users have always been able to pre-order at BOG because the end transaction is handled by a cast member at a register, not electronically like the mobile order system.
Ah! Yes, that would explain a lot. Thank you! I thought it was all the same system.

Songbird76

@Tuvalu beat me to it ;)

I know! The only thing I can think of is that they literally just walked up not even knowing what restaurant they were entering. Like....hrmmm....we're hungry. Oh look....a restaurant! I don't see any other way to miss it, but they were like "Oh!!! There are characters?? Oh look!! Another one! I had no idea they did this!" And the girl was just beside herself with excitement, even though I'm sure she was about 12, so past the princess stage. But they were obviously happy with their decision to eat there! It was kind of cute how excited they were by the surprise.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I know! The only thing I can think of is that they literally just walked up not even knowing what restaurant they were entering. Like....hrmmm....we're hungry. Oh look....a restaurant! I don't see any other way to miss it, but they were like "Oh!!! There are characters?? Oh look!! Another one! I had no idea they did this!" And the girl was just beside herself with excitement, even though I'm sure she was about 12, so past the princess stage. But they were obviously happy with their decision to eat there! It was kind of cute how excited they were by the surprise.

To be fair, I'm past 12 and have a similar reaction to princesses. :joyfull::p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom