Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Saturday, November 4 cont.

Time for some pictures! The sun was super bright so we're pretty squinty. :rolleyes:
View attachment 246051

View attachment 246054

View attachment 246059

At your hands...
View attachment 246055

At me...
View attachment 246056

At each other...
View attachment 246057

:rolleyes: And if those aren't awkward enough for you...
View attachment 246052

View attachment 246053

A little sass now. :hilarious:
View attachment 246058

I don't understand some of these poses... they'd be cute for kids but for adults? :hilarious:

We sweet talked one of the photographers into turning around and taking one with the tree in the background so we didn't have to wait in the obnoxious line for it. ;)
View attachment 246060

What time was the parade at? :)

Songbird76

After Space, we hopped on the People Mover for a break and a few minutes to properly digest our food. :rolleyes:
View attachment 246022

View attachment 246017

Our car stopped here for a few minutes and the lights came on. It didn't take long before we were moving again.
View attachment 246018

We caught COP following our relaxing ride.. I've grown to appreciate and enjoy this show a lot more lately. :) We started heading back toward Main Street to get some pictures and do some shopping before claiming a spot for the parade.

The Dapper Dans were making their way down the street, so we got to listen to them while we waited. I love their festive outfits! :)
View attachment 246023

GIVE. ME. ALL. OF. IT. If this isn't love, then I don't know what is.
View attachment 246024

I've waited so long to see these guys in person. :D
View attachment 246025

As we sat and waited, we experienced a very sad Disney moment. A mom kept sending her daughter (probably 7 or 8) out into the street and telling her to pose certain ways.. that part is normal. However, posing her and then saying "smile for the picture so mommy can post it on Facebook!" is not normal. Nor is telling your child that you'll buy her a toy if she stands and gets her picture taken.. especially when said child didn't argue about the picture at all. The most disturbing part of it all? There was a son (3 or 4) who was trying DESPERATELY to get mom to include him in the pictures. She refused. We watched them throughout the parade and little boy received no attention whatsoever. At one point, he was standing back against the store with people passing between him and mom to the extent of her not being able to see him. That would assume that she was trying to see him, but I digress. It was sad.. really sad. :( Dad did give him some attention when he rejoined them, but mom acted like she couldn't care less about the poor thing.

Okay, enough sadness. Let's move on to some happiness... the wondrous and wonderful Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade! :joyfull:
View attachment 246026

View attachment 246019

View attachment 246020

View attachment 246021

Lots more pictures coming right up!
How sad!! I'd LIKE to give the mom the benefit of the doubt about the pictures...I have some friends who are foster parents and I know there are restrictions on posting pictures of foster children on social media sites...but ignoring him completely doesn't make it sound like that is the case. How sad!!

Songbird76

Time for some pictures! The sun was super bright so we're pretty squinty. :rolleyes:
View attachment 246051

View attachment 246054

View attachment 246059

At your hands...
View attachment 246055

At me...
View attachment 246056

At each other...
View attachment 246057

:rolleyes: And if those aren't awkward enough for you...
View attachment 246052

View attachment 246053

A little sass now. :hilarious:
View attachment 246058

I don't understand some of these poses... they'd be cute for kids but for adults? :hilarious:

We sweet talked one of the photographers into turning around and taking one with the tree in the background so we didn't have to wait in the obnoxious line for it. ;)
View attachment 246060
I love both your outfit and your friend's! So cute!! But shorts in November?? Is it really still that warm in Florida?? Meanwhile I'm slogging through pouring rain for 30 minutes on my bike to pick up my son from school. I'm so jealous!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
What time was the parade at? :)

It's at 2pm now. :) It starts in Frontierland so they make it to Main Street around 2:20pm.

How sad!! I'd LIKE to give the mom the benefit of the doubt about the pictures...I have some friends who are foster parents and I know there are restrictions on posting pictures of foster children on social media sites...but ignoring him completely doesn't make it sound like that is the case. How sad!!

I know. :( It definitely didn't appear that way. I don't remember her looking at him even once as we sat there and observed them.

I love both your outfit and your friend's! So cute!! But shorts in November?? Is it really still that warm in Florida?? Meanwhile I'm slogging through pouring rain for 30 minutes on my bike to pick up my son from school. I'm so jealous!!

Thanks! It was HOT that day! It has cooled down a bit since and been in the mid to low 70s most days. Winter weather in Florida is perfect! Lol :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5

Our second park day was to be spent at AK! :) Traffic getting into the parking lot was horrendous.. hoping this wasn't foreshadowing crowds for the day. :confused:

We had a bit of a wait to get through security and the scanners, but we were finally in! I always stop to say hi to these two. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b03.jpg

We also said hello to this guy who was out and walking about this morning!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b05.jpg

Hello beautiful!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b06.jpg

We decided to head to Dinoland first as there were low wait times.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b07.jpg

Time for some good old fashioned carnival fun!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b08.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b0a.jpg

We wanted to catch Festival of the Lion King which was starting soon, so we headed toward Africa. We stopped to watch these guys on the way. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b0c.jpg

He was putting on quite the show for his fans. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b0b.jpg

Soon we were here!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b0d.jpg

It had been awhile since I'd watched the show so I was anxious to get inside! I knew Dana would love it, too.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b0e.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

The show was wonderful, as it always is, but unfortunately the few pictures I took didn't turn out. These are the best I could get.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b14.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b11.jpg

We decided to take a walk on the Gorilla Falls trail following the show. The animals were all out and active, so we were happy with our decision!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b18.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b1a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b1b.jpg

These guys were cracking me up.. there was a large bird flying overhead and they would not take their eyes off of him. I think I would have ducked for cover rather than staying out in the open to watch him. :confused:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b1d.jpg

This guy appeared and made himself comfy. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b20.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

We spent a lot of time watching the gorillas and enjoyed listening to the CM's wealth of information. The one on the right is mom and the one on the left is her daughter. I believe she said the daughter is around 7 years old.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b21.jpg

Lower right corner is dad, next is one of the babies (he's around 4), mom #2, and baby #2 (he's around 3). I thought that the babies were twins but the CM said that they're only half brothers. One belongs to each mother, only sharing a dad. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b24.jpg

He was very playful and started rolling around with the ball. He briefly considered throwing it at his sleeping father, but then thought otherwise. ;) The CM said that both babies have been pushing dad's buttons and have started doing things to irritate him and see how far they can push before he reacts. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b25.jpg
\

Just look at those sweet faces! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b26.jpg

I didn't react fast enough to get a picture, but he started poking dad and crawling on top of him. Dad woke up and rolled over with the best stink eye ever. :hilarious: He stayed like this for quite some time, seemingly telling him to knock it off. The baby just sat there like "what? I didn't do anything." :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b28.jpg

Then he realized that he had an audience and started hamming it up. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b2c.jpg

Meanwhile, the other baby cuddled up to his mommy for an afternoon nap. :inlove: It was so sweet.. I could have stood there and watched them all day. Not long after, they all settled in for a nap so we decided to move along.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b29.jpg

This is my favorite view in all of AK. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b2d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b2e.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

We had about 20 minutes before our FP+ window opened, so we hopped on Triceratops Spin. This was a first for me! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b30.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b2f.jpg

We started walking toward Dinosaur and I noticed Donald with only one family in line. There was no question about where we were going next. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b72.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b74.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b75.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b77.jpg

He's the cutest! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b33.jpg

We bid Donald farewell and continued on to our destination.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b34.jpg

We saw this shirt while we waited and thought it was awesome. :D The guy's shirt had some sort of Mickey shaped food on the front, too. Very subtle outfit coordination!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b36.jpg

For some reason I don't have the ride picture from this.. I think it might have been broken if I remember correctly? Just picture a terrified 25 year old in Minnie ears and you'll get the same effect. ;)

He's making a list, checking it twice!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b37.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

We were ready for lunch after our dinosaur quest, so we decided to try Pizzafari. This restaurant is stunning inside!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b3a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b39.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b38.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b3b.jpg

We shared an order of garlic knots (amazing!) and each had a pepperoni flatbread. It was okay.. the crust was a little off for me.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b3c.jpg

We had a FP+ for Kilimanjaro next so off we went! Our guide was pretty crappy.. she had no enthusiasm whatsoever and was honestly kind of grumpy. She barely gave any information and rarely stopped for long enough to get pictures.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b3d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b3f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b42.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b44.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b48.jpg

I didn't take any other pictures this time.. the lions weren't out and I guess nothing else struck me as picture worthy. :rolleyes: I do remember that Stella was out but I couldn't see her until she was behind me so a picture wasn't happening. The guide didn't say a word about her, which I thought was odd. :cautious:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

We decided to venture to Pandora and wait standby for FOP. I really wanted Dana to experience it and Dylan and I had talked it up enough that she was willing to wait. :p
8VGKbKBtSaK%mM%pupQ2OA_thumb_5b4b.jpg

mVlEHmaJRlORw20aNpUI4Q_thumb_5b4d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b4e.jpg

The wait time was posted at 180 minutes, but we were on and off in 2 hours.. I think that's how long we waited. I know that it was quite a bit less than what was posted. :p Dana loved it, I loved it, it was worth it. They actually changed the preshow since the last time Dylan and I rode. It's not a huge change and the "um guy" hasn't gotten any better at talking, but there have been some changes/additions. Several of the bikes were out of order.. definitely not helping with the wait times.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b50.jpg

We took the calm walk via the bridge that connects to Africa. This is the first time I'd went that way and definitely prefer it over the other option.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b51.jpg

We had a FP+ for Everest so we were off to Asia. I love this picture! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b52.jpg

We had a successful disco with the Yeti, but now we were hungry for a snack!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b76.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b54.jpg

Or maybe two snacks. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b53.jpg

We sat and enjoyed our treats while making a plan for our last little bit of time in the park.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, November 5 cont.

We weren't done with the Yeti yet. We finished off our day at AK in only the best way... 4 rides on Everest in a row with no wait. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b78.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b7a.jpg

The kids behind us were plotting to do a thumbs up pose for their picture.. we decided to join in on the fun. :p I wish we would have been in the same ride car so they would have seen us. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b79.jpg

We were mocking the guy in front of us.. he took a phone call for half of the ride and hung up right before the picture. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b7b.jpg

And with that, the park was closed so we made our way toward the exit. We stopped to watch the Tree of Life Awakenings before heading home.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b55.jpg

We had another amazing day doing Disney together! The crowds were again very manageable and the weather was beautiful. We accomplished everything that we wanted to and didn't feel rushed at all. Dana mentioned wanting to plan a trip with her husband on the way home and started asking questions about staying on property. Just the other day, she told me that we should have my bachelorette party at Disney. I'm certainly not going to argue with that. ;):joyfull: I think it's safe to say that she enjoyed our Disney days and there will be more in the future!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I loved how much fun you had with your best friend. Clearly you have given her the Disney bug and soon she will be as crazy as the rest of us.;)

That was the plan. ;) Mission accomplished!

What a great couple of days with your friend! And you got so much accomplished. Love that you got to eat at BOG with walking up. You never know unless you try!

We had a blast! I just scored a dinner reservation at Cali Grill for Sunday so you're exactly right! Tables pop up at the last minute all the time!

Matt and Kelly

That was the plan. ;) Mission accomplished!

We had a blast! I just scored a dinner reservation at Cali Grill for Sunday so you're exactly right! Tables pop up at the last minute all the time!

I'm hoping! We made the mistake of booking O'hana the day we are going to the Christmas party. Which now we want to change cause we we want to be in the park early to get in line for the characters. We have been checking everyday, but no luck so far.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm hoping! We made the mistake of booking O'hana the day we are going to the Christmas party. Which now we want to change cause we we want to be in the park early to get in line for the characters. We have been checking everyday, but no luck so far.

Have you tried using the reservation finder on Touring Plans?

blreinsel

Original Poster
The next two posts are short so I'm just going to combine them. :)

Tuesday, November 7

I had taken a half day at school so that I could take Dana to the airport. One of the girls that I teach with texted me that afternoon and asked if I wanted to meet up at Disney Springs for dinner.. of course I said yes! :)

I arrived before she did so entertained myself with browsing in the Christmas store. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b8d.jpg

These ornaments are hilarious! :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b8e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b8f.jpg

I received a text saying that she had arrived so I walked next door to meet her. We had decided on Earl of Sandwich, a new one for both of us! Everybody here loves it so I figured it must be good. ;) It was!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b90.jpg

No pictures, but we both ordered the Chipotle Chicken Avocado Sandwich. I also had a side of mac and cheese. The whole meal was delicious! They have an AP discount, which is just an added bonus. :) We sat outside chatting and enjoying the music and our meals. Disney loving friends are the best friends. :joyfull:

Thursday, November 9

We had Friday off of school in observance of Veterans Day, so I had plans with two of the girls I teach with to hit up F&W for one last time after school! It was a beautiful evening for friends and food. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b91.jpg

There were a few things that I hadn't had a chance to try yet that I wanted to check off my list tonight! We started at the Active Eats booth. The mac and cheese was amazing! Everything I dreamed it would be. :p

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions - $4.75
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b92.jpg

Next was probably my favorite thing of the entire festival... Combining two of my favorite foods (cheese and bread), this dish had an amazing flavor and was a surprisingly large portion!

Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread - $4.00
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b94.jpg

My last dish for the night was just okay. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't feeling full already, but it just wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I liked the breading more than the filling.

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich - $5.50
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b95.jpg

I wish that I would have been hungrier so I could have tried a few other things, but I did get to try quite a few dishes throughout the festival! There's always next year. ;) We had a fun night full of friendship and laughter and I'm so grateful for amazing teacher friends (who also love Disney). :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom