Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

drcasey

You are living my disney dream life. I can't imagine just rolling into Disney whenever I want! I feel like I'd be super self conscious going alone but I know I'd totally do it anyway because I don't think anything could keep me away!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Those ornaments are going on my Christmas list! I got Lumiere last year, so naturally I need the other ones to go with!!

Obviously. :p I need them all, too!

Very cool you got to see the water art of Donald! I've always wanted to come across one but haven't. Also, it's refreshing to hear the comments of the CM.

Agreed! He genuinely loved his job. :)

Food and Wine date nights. Joe HAS to step up his game :p

LOL! :p Keep working on him! Florida life is the best life!

Just love that fact that you leave after school and head to the World for dinner, drinks, and a few rides. Enjoying this.

I love it, too. ;) Thanks for reading!

You are living my disney dream life. I can't imagine just rolling into Disney whenever I want! I feel like I'd be super self conscious going alone but I know I'd totally do it anyway because I don't think anything could keep me away!

I was the first time I went alone but now it's "normal." :)

Sillysidewalker

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I went with the Carved Turkey Sandwich, as I always do. I was disappointed. It just wasn't as good as it has been in the past.

That is my biggest concern with a lunch ADR there when I get there next month. While I love Turkey, I'm a little hesitant because most reviews of the lunch haven't been all that stellar. And being a picky eater, I wouldn't want to waste my QS meal on something that I wouldn't enjoy. Now, if I had a dinner option, no doubt I'd check hourly to snag an ADR.

blreinsel

Original Poster
That is my biggest concern with a lunch ADR there when I get there next month. While I love Turkey, I'm a little hesitant because most reviews of the lunch haven't been all that stellar. And being a picky eater, I wouldn't want to waste my QS meal on something that I wouldn't enjoy. Now, if I had a dinner option, no doubt I'd check hourly to snag an ADR.
Oh, I didn't think of that. I must mentally put BOG back on the list perhaps. :D

To me, BOG is still 100% a fantastic lunch reservation even though my choice of meal was subpar this time. The French Onion Soup was AMAZING, as it always is, and the atmosphere is perfect. There are lots of other great menu options that won't disappoint! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, October 19

Dylan and I had to go back to PA for the weekend for me to be in the wedding of the friend I used to travel to WDW with... that left us with the heartbreaking task of boarding Tink for the first time ever. :cry: We had only ever left her with family, so I was a basket case knowing that I would be leaving her with strangers for several days. I am fully aware that I'm a crazy dog mom. I am not ashamed.

The only people that I could imagine trusting my baby with are Disney people. Fortunately, Dylan gets a decent CM rate at Best Friends Pet Care on property, so the decision was made (reluctantly). :) We bought her special play time with a CM, a special walk, and a nail appointment (one privilege for each day she was there) to ensure she got extra attention during her stay. She's spoiled and is an attention hog. Trust me, it was money well spent. :hilarious:

I took a half day at school and we left to drop her off in the early afternoon before heading to the airport. I won't disclose the details of my compulsive "diaper bag" packing. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a19.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a17.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a16.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a18.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a12.jpg

She was excited when we got there... lots of doggy friends and new smells to investigate. :p The checkin process was lengthier and more involved than we had anticipated, in true Disney fashion. However, it made me feel a lot better about leaving her. They took very specific notes and double checked everything with us before finalizing things.

She took some time to say goodbye to daddy. :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a13.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a14.jpg

Her excitement quickly dissipated when I handed her over to the CM.. she tried her hardest to get back to us but kept slipping on the floor. :cry: We could hear her crying as we walked away... I somehow managed to keep myself from crying. How am I ever going to have kids. :hilarious:

They sent me an email with a picture of her attached the last day she was there... it said "Thanks for bringing me to Best Friends at Walt Disney World Resort! I'm having as much fun as you are. See you soon! Love, Tinkerbell." :inlove: I thought that it was a really nice touch and it brightened my day! When we picked her up, they filled out a "report card" for her and put it in her bag. :hilarious: She was a huge hit with the CM's and it was hilarious to read their comments about her!

Overall, we loved our experience with them! We will definitely board her there again in the future (if needed). They put me at ease with their thoroughness and brief interactions with Tink that I witnessed. She seemed to have a great first trip to Disney! :joyfull:

And now a few pictures from the wedding, just because. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a1d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a1f.jpg

This was the first weekend since moving to Florida that I haven't been to a park.. It was terrible! Lol. I don't know how I ever only had one trip a year. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, October 27

It was a beautiful fall day in Florida and it had me wanting to bust out of school (at a decent time for once) to do something outdoors. :) Dylan agreed to head to the parks if he could take a quick nap first since he'd had to be at work at 5am that morning. He was still sleeping when I got home so I changed my clothes and got ready before waking him up. When he opened his eyes to me right in his face like :D, all he could do was laugh and shake his head. You'll see why soon. :rolleyes:

I was hungry when we arrived at Epcot, so we stopped at the Electric Umbrella for dinner first. This was my first experience here and my meal was really good!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a22.jpg

I had the cheese flatbread and man was it cheesy! Just the way I like it. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a23.jpg

I had snagged a surprising FP+ when we arrived, but we had some time to kill before our window opened. Dylan requested a ride on Mission: SPACE.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a24.jpg

We rode with another couple who was experiencing the ride for the first time, so they were a lot of fun. We had a successful mission to Mars!

It was then time for our FP+, so we started heading that way. Where were we going?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a25.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a26.jpg

We hadn't ridden FEA since our trip in June, so we were excited to luck into such a coveted FP+! The boat before us was boarding and all of a sudden there was some commotion to our left. An older gentleman had slipped and fell flat on his back while trying to get into the boat. :( Fortunately he wasn't hurt at all and laughed it off, but we felt really bad for him. They made everybody get back off of the boat, sent several boats through the ride empty, and then finally reboarded the people who had already been on. We got on the next boat very carefully. o_O
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a27.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a29.jpg

I feel bad for blocking the kid behind me. :( But we had a great view of the ride being in the front row! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59f0.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, October 27 cont.

We walked around WS for a little longer and if you know us, you know that we simply can't walk past Karamel Kuche without going inside for a snack. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2a.jpg

Dylan had his usual caramel apple, while I went with the Salted Caramel Cupcake. It was AMAZING! :hungry: I would definitely get it again! The only downside was that it had been in the refrigerator, so it was cold and tough. I wasn't able to actually eat it until the next day when it had "thawed."
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a32.jpg

I had made another FP+, but we had about a half an hour before the window opened. I talked Dylan into a Mexican boat ride while we waited. :joyfull: I love this ride but he just doesn't see the draw.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2b.jpg

These guys now greet you in the entry area.. If I remember correctly, there's a cat and dog behind them. There were people in the way, preventing me from getting a picture of them. :cautious: I assume these are to promote Coco.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2c.jpg

I think this is my favorite pavilion.. I love the ambiance and the smell. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2e.jpg

I've never seen one of the handicapped boats before.. it was interesting!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a30.jpg

Spaceship Earth is so beautiful at night. :) We still had one last stop before heading out!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a31.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, October 27 cont.

Now that you've seen my outfit, do you understand why Dylan laughed at me when he opened his eyes? :p My school decided that we were having 50's Day on Halloween rather than dressing up so my "costume" was now going to be unused. :cautious: Fortunately for me, it doubles as a Disney bounding outfit and will get lots of use! :joyfull:

I made myself a FP+ for the Character Spot while Dylan sat outside and waited ever so patiently. :rolleyes: The gang was just returning from a break when it was my turn, and when they came out, Mickey walked Minnie to her area and dropped down to one knee to ask her to marry him. :inlove: The CM's gave him a hard time and told him that he had waited long enough. :p

He walked over to his own area and when he saw me, he got super excited! He put his hands over his heart and kept motioning to the CM that he couldn't believe his eyes. He kept hugging me over and over again and they scolded him, reminding him that Minnie wasn't far away. He motioned that she wasn't paying attention and went back to making a fuss over me lol. The photographer then noticed my engagement ring and pointed out that somebody had already scooped me up, causing Mickey to start showcasing my ring. :inlove:
w+dVHaMvTx2FB0vpE8E+TQ_thumb_59f3.jpg

He apparently decided that he wanted me for himself and kept putting me behind him, now trying to hide my ring lol.
L%wgscWrTNum4W0gP++QaQ_thumb_59f5.jpg

He just couldn't make up his mind. :rolleyes:
GBDzPxMNRc6ZNkegcDN4Aw_thumb_59f6.jpg

A lot of these are similar, but I just love them all so much that I can't help but share. :inlove:
uz36L+10T8Ka3U7TP3tLrQ_thumb_59f7.jpg

o5GgZ0%rTEqe+ayEbpl1yQ_thumb_59f9.jpg

lZGO79FgR7mh6oYvodu6Rw_thumb_59f8.jpg

Pure joy all thanks to the Mouse! :)
8nkYSPtzT8StYI8MDXq6%A_thumb_59fa.jpg

Cheesin' so hard, and Mickey still trying to keep our love affair a secret. :rolleyes:
Pgj19b%CRceYN6tD2HNEjQ_thumb_59fb.jpg

Tdch6rEWSAadD1T71jMzrA_thumb_59fc.jpg

This was by FAR the best meet and greet I've ever done with Mickey. He was full of energy and interacted with me so well, considering I didn't have any kids with me. It's safe to say that my outfit was a hit with him. :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, October 27 cont.

Goofy was next and he decided that a proposal was in order. :joyfull: The boys were extra flirty that night!
uo6k7pmbR7GRq9RdcYxHRQ_thumb_59fd.jpg

l5tI9fU2TQCZkEAnrqypXg_thumb_59ff.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a04.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a06.jpg

Last but certainly not least... Minnie! She was very excited about our matching outfits!
bAMRdTmkQOKpl7Tnnn+WNQ_thumb_5a07.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a09.jpg

She loved my bow, too! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a08.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0b.jpg

One last hug before I went on my way. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0d.jpg

Like I mentioned before, this meet and greet was amazing and totally exceeded my expectations! I had so much fun interacting with all three of them and am so happy with the pictures that the photographers captured. Bravo, Disney! :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom