Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, October 28

Knowing that the fall decorations would be coming down after the last MNSSHP on Nov. 1st, I decided that I needed a day to say a proper "see ya real soon" until next year. :) Off to MK we go!

It was a gloomy day, but we didn't end up getting rained on at all (other than a light sprinkle). It didn't rain because Dylan carried an umbrella around all night... had he left it in the car, the skies would have opened up. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a33.jpg
\\

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a34.jpg

Since it was sprinkling there weren't any PhotoPass CM's out and about.. a nice lady passing by was happy to take this picture for us instead. :) I had asked to take this way back in September when the decorations had first gone up, but Dylan refused because "it's not even fall yet." He swore that we'd take one eventually... nothing like waiting till the last minute. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a35.jpg

We're not leaving quite yet. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a3a.jpg

I wish I would have taken a few more pictures, but I guess we were in a rush for one reason or another. We ran into the Rainy Day Parade on our way in. I've heard of this, but I've never seen it for myself. It was cute! :) We enjoyed watching Stitch dance around in his seat.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a3d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a40.jpg

We followed the parade down Main Street and then veered off toward Frontierland for our BTMRR FP+! We've been photobombed. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a41.jpg

Our next FP+ was for Space, as usual.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0f.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, October 28 cont.

We had some time before our last FP+ and were both hungry... time for dinner! We agreed on Cosmic Ray's so headed that way.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a42.jpg

Dylan had the rotisserie chicken and enjoyed it. It was A LOT of food, something that could easily be shared.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a43.jpg

I went with the BBQ Pulled Pork, as I usually do. :hungry: It was as good as ever!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a44.jpg

I had been battling a migraine all day and it was starting to take over as we finished up our meals. :in pain: We had a Haunted Mansion FP+ so used that before heading out for the evening.

It was a gloomy day, but we didn't end up getting rained on at all (other than a light sprinkle). It didn't rain because Dylan carried an umbrella around all night... had he left it in the car, the skies would have opened up. :rolleyes:

You have now become an official Floridian by doing the above. As a Floridian I always say that too and also carry a poncho or umbrella so it will not be needed! LOL

blreinsel

Original Poster
You have now become an official Floridian by doing the above. As a Floridian I always say that too and also carry a poncho or umbrella so it will not be needed! LOL

Lol! It's such a hassle but it's the truth. Every time we go in "unprepared" it ends up raining. :cautious:

Love the Character Spot pictures!!! Looked like so much fun.

Thanks! :) It was a blast!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Best Mickey meet and greet interaction that I've ever seen! So cute!

Thank you! :joyfull:

What an awesome meet with Mickey!! Dylan should've went with you.

It was great! Dylan hates character meet and greets... :cautious: He only got out of going this time because there was only one FP+ available. Otherwise, I would have made him suffer through it. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, November 4

My best friend was in town and had requested a day at Disney.. she hadn't been since she was little so didn't remember much of anything. In the weeks leading up to her trip, one Disney day turned into two and I certainly wasn't going to argue with that. ;)

Not only was I excited to share Disney with my best friend, I was THRILLED that we would be seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time ever!!!! :inlove: It has been my dream to see WDW decked out for the holidays and it was finally coming true! The struggle to not go by myself earlier in the week was REAL. But alas, I refrained until Saturday. :rolleyes:

We arrived just after park opening and it felt like Christmas morning! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a4f.jpg

NEED.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a50.jpg

The Wine and Dine marathon was this weekend, so there were lots of cones and such blocking off the area as we pulled into the parking lot. Another Disney first? Parking in the heroes lot. :cool: We were in Peter Pan!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a52.jpg

We waited for what seemed like FOREVER for the ferry. Standing in the shade, we were a little chilly. We were A LOT chilly when we boarded the boat and had the wind off the water blowing in our faces. :in pain: It took us a good 45 minutes to get from the car into the park... I'd forgotten just how long it takes to navigate Disney transportation at park opening.

Side note... while we waited for the ferry, we got to listen to an off duty CM tell her family everything they could ever want to know about Disney and more. :cautious: She was super arrogant and super annoying. Not to mention the fact that some of her "information" was inaccurate. I've said it before and I'll say it again... it's great that you're a CM. If you want to share "insider info" with your family in private, that's fine. Dylan does it all the time. There is absolutely no reason to broadcast it while standing in a crowd of people. She very clearly wanted attention and nobody gave it to her. I think it's safe to say that everybody else was as annoyed by her as we were.

Moving on to what really matters....

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a53.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a54.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a56.jpg

I didn't think that Main Street could be any more beautiful. I was WRONG. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a58.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a59.jpg

Can somebody explain the fruit to me? Lol
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a5a.jpg

We took our time meandering down Main Street in the warm morning sunshine, taking in the beauty that is Christmastime at WDW. I was bursting with happiness.. Christmas decorations, Christmas carols, a beautiful day, and my best friend. What more could a Disney loving girl ask for? :happy:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, November 4 cont.

Our first stop was 7DMT.. the app was showing a low wait time, so we wanted to get there before that changed. Unfortunately, it was up to 90 minutes when we arrived. :( Oh well, moving on!

What better way to start a MK day than with a true Disney classic? :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a5b.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, my best friend. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a5c.jpg

Next, we walked onto Little Mermaid for a good old fashioned sing-a-long. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a5e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a5f.jpg

Gaston decorated for Christmas, too! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a64.jpg

Next, we had a minimal wait for Small World.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a66.jpg

After our happy little cruise, our first FP+ window was open. Time for a much wilder ride!
K1mG5OLlSO6xFFwpzyke5g_thumb_5a67.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a68.jpg

I'll never tire of being whipped around like a rag doll on this ride. :p We were hungry following our ride, and I had a crazy idea that might just work with a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. Where were we heading?

blreinsel

Original Poster

A walk up table at Be Our Guest? Don't mind if we do! :joyfull::inlove: We were sent inside immediately! We had a short wait to order our meals but were soon walking through the ballroom.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a6a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a6b.jpg

Definitely need these for my tree. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a74.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a75.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a6c.jpg

It's so beautiful.. I. CAN'T. EVEN. We lucked into a table next to the windows so we could watch the snow fall. :) I love the snow even more with Christmas decorations adding to the atmosphere.

Dana had the Croque Monsieur.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a70.jpg

After my last BOG experience and a less than satisfying Carved Turkey Sandwich, I opted for the French Dip Sandwich. It was REALLY good. I worried that the meat would be dry but that was not the case. I'd definitely get it again! I really don't need that many fries though... I never eat more than a few.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a72.jpg

One simply does not go to BOG without getting French Onion Soup. We both had a bowl. :joyfull: And now my stomach is growling.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a71.jpg

We stuffed our bellies full to bursting and then rolled ourselves to our next FP+. Possibly the worst ride to go on following a huge meal, but we were fine. :p We were sent through the Alpha line even though we had a FP+.. definitely the better of the two tracks!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b56.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

After Space, we hopped on the People Mover for a break and a few minutes to properly digest our food. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a79.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a7b.jpg

Our car stopped here for a few minutes and the lights came on. It didn't take long before we were moving again.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a7c.jpg

We caught COP following our relaxing ride.. I've grown to appreciate and enjoy this show a lot more lately. :) We started heading back toward Main Street to get some pictures and do some shopping before claiming a spot for the parade.

The Dapper Dans were making their way down the street, so we got to listen to them while we waited. I love their festive outfits! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a80.jpg

GIVE. ME. ALL. OF. IT. If this isn't love, then I don't know what is.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a81.jpg

I've waited so long to see these guys in person. :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a82.jpg

As we sat and waited, we experienced a very sad Disney moment. A mom kept sending her daughter (probably 7 or 8) out into the street and telling her to pose certain ways.. that part is normal. However, posing her and then saying "smile for the picture so mommy can post it on Facebook!" is not normal. Nor is telling your child that you'll buy her a toy if she stands and gets her picture taken.. especially when said child didn't argue about the picture at all. The most disturbing part of it all? There was a son (3 or 4) who was trying DESPERATELY to get mom to include him in the pictures. She refused. We watched them throughout the parade and little boy received no attention whatsoever. At one point, he was standing back against the store with people passing between him and mom to the extent of her not being able to see him. That would assume that she was trying to see him, but I digress. It was sad.. really sad. :( Dad did give him some attention when he rejoined them, but mom acted like she couldn't care less about the poor thing.

Okay, enough sadness. Let's move on to some happiness... the wondrous and wonderful Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a87.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a8a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a8c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a8d.jpg

Lots more pictures coming right up!

blreinsel

Original Poster

Time for some pictures! The sun was super bright so we're pretty squinty. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b5a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b59.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b68.jpg

At your hands...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b60.jpg

At me...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b61.jpg

At each other...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b62.jpg

:rolleyes: And if those aren't awkward enough for you...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b5b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b5e.jpg

A little sass now. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b65.jpg

I don't understand some of these poses... they'd be cute for kids but for adults? :hilarious:

We sweet talked one of the photographers into turning around and taking one with the tree in the background so we didn't have to wait in the obnoxious line for it. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b71.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

We made our way back to Tomorrowland and decided to watch Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We had a pretty good crowd so it was an enjoyable show! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ace.jpg

Our next FP+ was for Peter Pan. I just read today that they're refurbing this ride to change the mermaid scene because people complained about their lack of clothing. :bored::cautious: How long will it be before Ariel gets a new outfit?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ad1.jpg

I think that I made a FP+ for Haunted Mansion next since we had used our first 3 at that point. We were off to see some happy haunts!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ad3.jpg

And then another FP+ to bounce along with Tigger. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ad4.jpg

Next was a FP+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle. We were killing it on the FP+ game today. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ad7.jpg

Our Belle was a little off.. I can't put my finger on what it was exactly. She was fine, just not as good as many of the others I've had.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ada.jpg

We were getting hungry again so we started walking back toward the front of the park for dinner. The castle really doesn't have a bad angle. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5add.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ade.jpg

Casey's was our destination.. I loved their themed wreaths. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5adf.jpg

We both went with the corn dog nugget meal.. so good! :hungry: We stood outside at one of the tall tables and ate.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae0.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

We made another FP+ for the Magic Carpets after dinner. The stupid camel spit and hit me right in the eye as we were flying around. :mad:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae1.jpg

Back to Main Street after our flight so we could claim a spot for the fireworks. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae3.jpg

We ducked back into the Emporium to buy a pair of ears for Dana before finding our spot. I want this display in a smaller version to put in my house. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae4.jpg

It was finally time for HEA! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5ae8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5aeb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5aec.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5aef.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5af2.jpg

I'll never get tired of this show... it's so tastefully done and makes me tear up every time. Please make time for it at least once over the course of your trip. It is SO worth it. :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster

We moved up just a little closer to the castle for Once Upon a Time. I only watch it for the Beauty and the Beast ending. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5af8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5af9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5afa.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5afe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5aff.jpg

Once Upon a Time is a good show and I enjoy getting to see it every so often. However, I think the projection shows have lost their charm now that Happily Ever After incorporates so many projections. Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! paired really well together, but I'm starting to feel like Once Upon a Time is a bit overkill following HEA. I won't hate on it any more than that because it's so heavily based on Beauty and the Beast. :p

After the show, we decided that it was time to head out. One last picture of the tree on our way. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5b00.jpg

It was an absolutely perfect day in the MK! The crowds were surprisingly low and we got A LOT accomplished. The weather was perfect and I loved sharing my happy place with Dana. She had a blast and was very vocal about it, unlike Dylan's mom (if you recall my report from when we took her back in September). I didn't feel stressed about keeping her happy and entertained at all, so it was easy for me to just relax and enjoy the day like I typically would. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom