McDonald's leaving the parks?

bork

Original Poster
From everyone's favorite, Al Lutz:

While bigger tourists may be to blame for the stuck boats at it's a small world, they won't be able to blame the McDonalds fries for sale at Disneyland much longer. Word from TDA is that some big changes are coming to several key sponsorship deals around the parks, and likely the first to depart will be McDonalds. In Anaheim, McDonalds sponsors two French Fry stands on the west side of Disneyland, plus the standalone Burger Invasion restaurant that offers an abbreviated McDonalds menu.

He only mentions Disneyland, but could this also apply to WDW? I'd be happy to see McD's leave the parks, but they have a bigger presence at WDW, especially Dinoland.

dandaman

...In other news, Ronald McDonald is now joining Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Stitch in the Disney "year" logos... :lookaroun

From everyone's favorite, Al Lutz:

He only mentions Disneyland, but could this also apply to WDW? I'd be happy to see McD's leave the parks, but they have a bigger presence at WDW, especially Dinoland.

Since they sponsor the whole Dinoland area (and Nemo Musical) it seems unlikely Restaurantosaurus will be going anywhere soon. Who knows about the ones in the other parks?

bork

Original Poster
But they haven't done away with Dairy in their fries. We always avoid McD's fries becuase of our son's allergies. Disney's fries are fine, though.

bhg469

IMO good riddance. With all the delicious food at the parks its shocking that french fries were that popular.

Mr.EPCOT

I would love to see McDonald's vacate Disney. Hopefully a new and exciting option would go into the Refreshment Port in World Showcase.

I'd rather Disney just do its own food, but if they were to partner with someone like that, I'd like to see Arby's. Yeah, I know it'll never happen.

Silvermist

Wouldn't bother us one way or the other. I don't necessarily like their presence, but I don't mind the fry stands too much as long as they blend into theming and they don't overtake the parks.

I personally prefer to eat something other than McDonalds food when I'm at WDW, but we've stopped at the location on property on our way back to AKL after a late night in the parks. Honestly though, we only stopped there because there is nothing else available at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom