McDonald's leaving the parks?

The Mom

Premium Member
I had no idea that people could start such heated arguments over food. :lol: Please don't make me lock this thread, too.

Could all of you just pause a moment before posting? You don't have to say something (or write it) just because you're thinking it, unless you really don't care about offending others, in which case, this probably isn't the place for you.

InfernalPenguin

Good riddance, I say.

I've always felt weird eating McD's at Disney. Like...Ronald McDonald stalked me on the plane over and set up shop to catch me or something. As if clowns weren't creepy enough.

Almost never eaten at a McDonald's establishment in Disney either. Why? I mean, you're in Disney! Eat somethin' else! ...and if it's for the kids just feed them a chicken strip!

TUN TUN TUN! We've come full circle folks.....

...Disney is trying to force our kids to EAT OTHER STUFF! It's their worst nightmare!!!!!

Meanwhile my little brother will never get his dream menu: pizza cheese (notice I didn't say cheese pizza... I said pizza cheese. cheese from a pizza), nuggets stripped of the outside skin and 8oz of ketchup slathered on.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I think this would be a bad thing.

Usually, I would say...YES!! Thank goodness. Disney is for Disney food, not McDonalds.

But...I worked in Disney World over the summer, and i came to realize how important comfort foods are when you are on vacation. If kids miss home, but then they see McDonalds, suddenly they can relate to something. I know its small, but a lot of people enjoy McDonalds, and it helps them enjoy their trip more.

I am not saying that America's addiction to fast food is a good thing, but it is there. And, since disney is a place that makes people feel good inside. Offering McDonalds is just another way of saying "we thought of you." It doesn't bother the people not eating McDonalds, and it just helps the people who want it.

Also, while I am at it, I frikkin LOVED those chicken strips and i hope they come back at some point.

Mikester71

I think this would be a bad thing.

Usually, I would say...YES!! Thank goodness. Disney is for Disney food, not McDonalds.

But...I worked in Disney World over the summer, and i came to realize how important comfort foods are when you are on vacation. If kids miss home, but then they see McDonalds, suddenly they can relate to something. I know its small, but a lot of people enjoy McDonalds, and it helps them enjoy their trip more.

I am not saying that America's addiction to fast food is a good thing, but it is there. And, since disney is a place that makes people feel good inside. Offering McDonalds is just another way of saying "we thought of you." It doesn't bother the people not eating McDonalds, and it just helps the people who want it.

Also, while I am at it, I frikkin LOVED those chicken strips and i hope they come back at some point.

Agreed. Kids can be picky eaters and it nice to have a familiar option for them. My kids have been pretty good both trips to the Wolrd, but I know my brother really was happy to see McDonald's when he went down with us last March. He could only stand the Disney food for so many days before he craved something more familiar. Personally, I am not a McDonald's fan, so could easily live without their presence in WDW.

bork

Original Poster
besides the fry stand back by Pirates, and the nuget stand at epcot, are there more Mcd's inside a park?

There is also the Village Fry Shoppe in Fantasyland. I hate seeing McDonalds in the parks, but in this case, I guess a Fry stand is better than when it sat closed for years as Lumiere's.

daliseurat

I guess my entire family is just different. We don't really have comfort food. Oh, we enjoy a whole bunch the food that people say is comfort food. But we don't feel the NEED to have it when we are not at home. We actually look forward to trying as much NEW food as possible. We don't look for anything familiar to eat when we are on vacation. We go out of our way to avoid it. We take a vacation from our regular food. Naturally all the NEW doesn't sit as well with DD who is 5. But she's tried all kinds of stuff that has become her favorites. There is always something on the menu for her. She doesn't HAVE to have something familiar. So every time folks here are so passionate about their COMFORT FOOD like McDonalds, I just don't get it. :confused: I just never want to eat what I can make myself, or easily get at home. And I seem to be in the minority.

CJR

I don't see this happening anytime soon, especially at WDW. Right now, they are just too big of a draw. The past two rumors Lutz has reported make me :brick::brick:.

Until McDonald's is gone, I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't see it happening. I've been wrong before though, so don't throw rocks at me... please. :lookaroun

Disneykidder

I posted yeaterday on this thread...but it is somehow gone??

Anyway, my DH likes to get fries at the cart in MK and AK. A nice quick snack and a drink to get re-energized.

Does this mean the McD's in DTD is leaving, too? I like their salads. My son likes their parfaits. Not everything at McD's is bad.:)

mickey&me

Great...taking away one more food that I can count carbs in for my type 1 diabetic son. Disney Dining Services has never been friendly to diabetics. They have a VERY short list of stuff they can tell you carb and sugar counts in--three of which were chicken strips, mac and cheese, and McDonald's nuggets and fries.

Hammer1310

Why? I don't understand the bias against McDs... They have pretty good burgers, and I love the Chicken Selects. It's not McDs that makes people fat, it's people that make themselves fat. If McDs leaves Disney Parks, I'll be upset.

My only problem with McDonalds has more to do with parents who let them do most of the cooking for their children. I guess I ate at home more as a kid.
The food might be fine for some but there are much better options out there at mom & pop places in most cities.

As for the parks it never bothered me much that they are there. It looks cheap and their image has seen better days but there aren't any 20ft arches in the parks. I forget they're around at all most visits until we get to Dinoland and that place could easily be converted to a generic Disney burger.

McD:hurl:

DisneyBurger:)

Enchanted Oak Burger:D

Space Mountain

^That's too expensive outside the area, think what it would be in the parks....

WDW McDonalds fries are USUALLY very good! I hope they stay...its bad enough loosing chicken strips...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom