Pre-Trip May The Force Be With Us...

May The Force Be With Us

…because I am going to need all the help I can get!

I know, I know, I took forever to finish my Sept 18 TR and now it feels like this trip is right around the corner!

IMG_8380.jpg

The Who:

Come on… you should know us by now.

01296608-D09C-4F7D-891F-2E2AB23B0A4A.jpeg

Me aka mom – who takes 10 months to finish writing a trip report.

IMG_4546.JPG

Ross aka Grumpy aka the Croc-less wonder. My wonderful Mickey ears wearing, husband of 27 years who I want to kill after spending a week 24/7 with him. (He spent a decent portion of this trip snoozing.)

97C95C90-5B3A-42DA-A455-C89782CB49EE.jpeg

Hope aka The Hopester – my baby girl who is now what Disney Dining considers an adult. Diagnosed with Autism and Sensory stuff, but has come so far.

Look how little she was...

IMG_8377.jpg

And now - my Disney adult. lol

C2EAED25-1880-4502-84B7-E89BEB61E2C0.jpeg

Julia aka Sissy. My 17 year old daughter – I don’t know how that happened. She was 6 the first time she went to Disney and now she is 17 and is a beautiful young lady and I can’t stand it!

67EE26BA-3DB4-4EEB-8104-96E625287A64.jpeg

Can I go back to when she wore Tinkerbell wings constantly?

IMG_8374.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

The When:

September 5th – September 21st We are splurging with another long trip. I managed to sign Julia up for a couple of late sprint classes at college, so she can get away with missing the beginning of September, but this may be it for us, as far as September trips go. 😢

The Where:

September 5th – 7th AoA – LM room

September 7th – 21st POP

The Shenanigans:

Well, we are already dealing with 2 issues that could make for some good trip report drama. Would you expect any less from us?

Laura Loves Tigger

Glad you were able to see the doctor and get Hope on a stronger med. I feel your pain with her inability to tell you what is going on. My adult special needs daughter has a brain injury. She had a UTI for about 2 weeks before it was diagnosed. She has some lack of feeling in that area (many accidents when she was a child because she couldn't tell she had to go until it was too late). She tends to get UTI's in the winter, so now I know to get her tested as soon as she even mentions some discomfort. Joining you in prayer that every one will be healthy for your trip!

ninjaprincesst

July 20, 2019

Today was 4-H judging day.

View attachment 391839View attachment 391838

6 days until County Fair & Showcase

30 days until State Fair

and of course…

View attachment 391836

This is when it starts to go really fast!

Hope has decided to wear her princess gowns again. I was wondering if she was going to stop this year, but I’m kind of happy she’s still into it. I think it may have been too much for me if she ditched her dresses this year. So I started going through them and getting them ready. They will most likely be the same as last year with maybe one or 2 additions. She had a really big growth spurt this year and got pretty tall. (Not tall enough to ride Superman at our Six Flags, but oh so close!)

We also have to invest in a new suitcase since Jet Blue destroyed one of ours from our last trip. It literally came off the circle round about thing with a huge hole in it! I found one at a local flea market for $30, but Ross thinks we should invest more for a better quality. It’s not typical for us to see things reverse, as he is usually the cheap I mean frugal one. (He is still recuperating from my MB upgrade.) We don’t travel very often, so for me, I’d rather be cheap.

It’s good that I have luggage to contemplate about because it takes my mind off the boy. They just passed their 3 month anniversary and are still not sick of each other. He did journey with us down the shore to my brother’s house – it was actually the first time he was at the beach or seen the ocean, so it was exciting.

View attachment 391841View attachment 391842

I was sort of shocked that he was allowed to go with us. His parents are very strict. It makes for a lot of drama, hence my lack of appetite and constant nerves.

Nonetheless, he was allowed to tag along and it was a great time. He fits in perfectly with us. That may make me a little more scared.

View attachment 391840

Obviously, there was no way to add him on to this trip as we are at POP and could not afford an upgrade, but Julia has already asked if he could bounce back with us next time. Anybody here take a bf/gf without significant drama? I know it’s a long way off, but not really if we have to consider it to book a bounce back. I guess we would have to go to Riverside (which I do love and miss) or a family suite. I’d rather not do a suite because I think the room at RS would be cheaper – and I LOVE RS. But I heard they have family suites at ASMusic that are more affordable than AoA? Does ASMovies have them too?
We have recently had our lives turned upside down by "a boy" the boy", his family took my Daughter Katelyn with them and it went great, so I felt obligated to bring him with us for our December trip, which worked out good since my husband is not going this trip and it will just be me and Katelyn and we are staying at the Caribbean Beach pirate rooms so there will be a "ship" available for the boy. His family stayed at Riverside and they had plenty of room for both his parents and sister him and Katelyn, and they had a great time with no bf/gf issues.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Yeah... that totally looks like necrosis... I hope the doc really gave the NP what for!
I hope she did. It made me really question whether I would see a NP in the future or fight to see a doctor.

I'm glad Hope is doing much better! Amazing that the pain didn't bother her so much! Good for you for figuring it out. Hope she fully recovers by Disney!
She has such a high tolerance for pain. When she was about 4, we were at a party and she put her finger in the flame of a votive candle before we could grab her hand away. Thankfully it wasn't too bad - but it blistered. She didn't even flinch or cry or say ouch.

Poor Hope! Sending quick healing thoughts!

Thank you!!

How could the NP think it appropriate to do nothing? As someone else posted, I do hope the NP was told they did not give proper care in this case.
I have no idea what she was thinking. I do hope there was some action taken.

Oh my gosh that looks so awful and painful. Poor Hope! Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Thank you!

Poor Hope, wishing her a speedy recovery!

Thank you!

Poor Hope!! :( I got bit by a brown recluse on my stomach and had to go on antibiotics. It was so sore I could barely stand to bandage it. Bless her heart.

Yikes! That's what my friend thought it could be, but her pediatrician insists they are not found in our area.

Awww... I hope she gets better soon. I feel for her--been there, done that. I got bit by a spider & spent 4 days in the hospital b/c of it. The infection was like nothing I had ever seen. Cellulitis is no joke!!

Wow - I now see what could happen. I'm just thankful we got it proper attention in time - it was really scary!

Glad you were able to see the doctor and get Hope on a stronger med. I feel your pain with her inability to tell you what is going on. My adult special needs daughter has a brain injury. She had a UTI for about 2 weeks before it was diagnosed. She has some lack of feeling in that area (many accidents when she was a child because she couldn't tell she had to go until it was too late). She tends to get UTI's in the winter, so now I know to get her tested as soon as she even mentions some discomfort. Joining you in prayer that every one will be healthy for your trip!

Thanks so much, It's so tough when they can't tell us how they feel! I have to learn to act faster - I think even more so as she gets older.

10 days now right? How is Hope's foot?

Getting better. It's been crazy!! Going to try to update a little today.

We have recently had our lives turned upside down by "a boy" the boy", his family took my Daughter Katelyn with them and it went great, so I felt obligated to bring him with us for our December trip, which worked out good since my husband is not going this trip and it will just be me and Katelyn and we are staying at the Caribbean Beach pirate rooms so there will be a "ship" available for the boy. His family stayed at Riverside and they had plenty of room for both his parents and sister him and Katelyn, and they had a great time with no bf/gf issues.

Glad to hear that the trip went well! I know a lot can change in a year, but we are going to try to include him when we book our bounce back this year. Just trying to figure out which result would be best for us.

oooohhh! I hope that hurricane is long gone by the time you arrive. cuz then I won't have to worry about it either...

:geek:

I book during hurricane season, so you'd think I wouldn't be so shocked right now! I'm praying it all goes out to sea - or wherever hurricanes go to dissipate. But I promise to try to clear the way for you!! 🤪

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So here we are... single digits!!!

IMG_0205.jpg

It's been a crazy week! Spending a week up at State Fair is fun, but EXHAUSTING!

IMG_9430.JPG

Julia worked with our county as a teen leader. She helped judge the fine arts category and did face painting at our county booth.

IMG_9505.JPG

Hope participated in PINY Produced In New York - a cooking demo that showcases NYS products. She made Hope's "Happy" Pancakes. I was VERY proud of her!!!

IMG_9840.JPG
IMG_9881.jpg
IMG_9880.JPG

Julia made a tutorial video for the PINY competition for our county and entered it into fair. I was so proud of her when it received a purple rosette for excellent and a blue rosette for best of fair!!!

IMG_9888.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
They had a movie night and showed Incredibles 2...

IMG_9944.JPG

Julia found a new treat - deep fried cheese curds. They were okay - not quite the mozzarella sticks I'm used to.

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

And of course you can't go to the fair without seeing the sand sculpture or the dairy building.

IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_9475.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg

Hope enjoyed some rides which include the tallest slide I've ever seen!

IMG_0166.JPG

Julia's favorite is a carnival & circus replica museum. This one display has a ferris wheel that always reminds me of the last room of Small World.

IMG_0140.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Hope's foot is healing. I think it stills has another week before it's completely gone, and she is still on her antibiotics, The culture came back and it was a staff infection - scary!!! So thankful that she is okay!

Our trip to fair was not without drama. On the first day, Hope did a belly flop right into a huge puddle of water and scrapped her legs a bit. Nothing too crazy.

On the second day, Little Miss Hope stepped out in front of me and tripped me. I went tumbling down and actually really got hurt. My arm was scrapped and my leg looked like this...

IMG_0048.JPG

Not quite as gross as Hope's foot. Of course, I fell right in front of a wine slushy/beer garden stand, so I'm sure the people around me must have thought I had one too many! It took a few days ( and a whole lot of ibuprofen) to have the soreness feel better.

Julia didn't stay out of the drama either. A few days into the fair, she got a cold - sore throat and runny nose. No fever though. She's feeling better now but was kind enough to pass her germs to me. So as I'm writing this, I am sucking down tea with honey and I'm on my second box of tissues.

Yeah, we are a mess.

And of course there's Dorian. I sit here selfishly hoping it passes quickly so my vacation is not interrupted. The poor Floridians that have to brace themselves - you think I could find a little compassion...

We are scheduled to fly on Thursday AM. I'm thinking it may be delayed if MCO is closed. So Ross just called me and asked if I wanted to fly out on Sunday. And no.. I don't think I will take him up on the offer. Am I crazy? I flew into one hurricane, but I don't think I want to fly into another.

And to finish my rant of drama, I decided to ship water and apple juice via Prime Pantry to the resort. I always tried to stuff juice boxes and a few bottles of water into our suitcases, so I figured this would be
easier. Well the apple juice made it to AoA, but apparently, I messed up the shipping address with the water and it was just delivered to my house!! UGH!!!!!:mad::arghh:

disneypearl

I am glad that Hope is healing up. Her poor foot! I’m also glad that you weren’t hurt worse when you tripped! It looks like you must’ve went down hard because you’ve got lots of bruising! Now it’s time for you and Julia to feel better from your colds. I really hope Dorian stays out of everyone’s way. I think you are getting all the possible drama out of your way and you will have a fun and smooth vacation!

Rista1313

Hope's foot is healing. I think it stills has another week before it's completely gone, and she is still on her antibiotics, The culture came back and it was a staff infection - scary!!! So thankful that she is okay!

Our trip to fair was not without drama. On the first day, Hope did a belly flop right into a huge puddle of water and scrapped her legs a bit. Nothing too crazy.

On the second day, Little Miss Hope stepped out in front of me and tripped me. I went tumbling down and actually really got hurt. My arm was scrapped and my leg looked like this...

View attachment 403818

Not quite as gross as Hope's foot. Of course, I fell right in front of a wine slushy/beer garden stand, so I'm sure the people around me must have thought I had one too many! It took a few days ( and a whole lot of ibuprofen) to have the soreness feel better.

Julia didn't stay out of the drama either. A few days into the fair, she got a cold - sore throat and runny nose. No fever though. She's feeling better now but was kind enough to pass her germs to me. So as I'm writing this, I am sucking down tea with honey and I'm on my second box of tissues.

Yeah, we are a mess.

And of course there's Dorian. I sit here selfishly hoping it passes quickly so my vacation is not interrupted. The poor Floridians that have to brace themselves - you think I could find a little compassion...

We are scheduled to fly on Thursday AM. I'm thinking it may be delayed if MCO is closed. So Ross just called me and asked if I wanted to fly out on Sunday. And no.. I don't think I will take him up on the offer. Am I crazy? I flew into one hurricane, but I don't think I want to fly into another.

And to finish my rant of drama, I decided to ship water and apple juice via Prime Pantry to the resort. I always tried to stuff juice boxes and a few bottles of water into our suitcases, so I figured this would be
easier. Well the apple juice made it to AoA, but apparently, I messed up the shipping address with the water and it was just delivered to my house!! UGH!!!!!:mad::arghh:
do you have amazon prime? Amazon prime NOW will deliver to AOA within 2 hours... I'm getting all my breakfast stuff and drinks thru them when we get to POP...

and good grief all 3 of you need bubbles to live in until you get to Disney.. and maybe even then you need them!

dizfan917

There ain't nothing like HOT WISCONSIN CHEESE!! We can get deep fried curds at probably half of the sit down restaurants in town as appetizers. MMmmmm... good choice Julia! :geek: They're good fresh, as well. They squeak!

Thanks for clearing that hurricane out of the way for us. We do appreciate that. hee hee hee. I hope it isn't too bad for everyone involved.

You guys better just sit still in one place for a few days and heal. Yikes!! Travel SAFELY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom