Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigDlover

No bc if we still have to wear masks, then the risk is too high to be around crowds. I went to one store today with a mask on and it was tough to wear it just for a half hour. Bless the essential works that have to wear them for an entire shift. So I can't imagine wearing them all day and in the Florida heat. But overall, the risk isn't worth going to a theme park. I care about my health and my family's health.

Lilofan

I would wear a mask at WDW if it is required. What I would also do is wash my face several times a day. Between the constant sweating, the inability of my facial skin to breathe and the sweat and bacteria just constantly clogging my pores, it can wreck havoc on one's skin.

goofy5380

I have a trip planned for Sept 8-16 my wife and I. If masks are required my wife will not go, however, I will still go unless WDW cancels
my wife is ok with that .

Herdman

There are definitely reasons why a date in July was picked to open. First, I think they will be closely watching what goes on at Seaworld and Universal, but I think they will also be watching what is going on in the country. If the trend continues for cases to decline and people continue to practice good habits as a whole (there will always be a percentage who don't) we'll see where things are about 6 weeks from now. Maybe one reason for a July start is in the hope that they don't have to require a strict mask policy, maybe a modified one of only while being in a shop or in a queue with a lot of people together for an extended period of time since that's what practically all of the experts say when you're most vulnerable. Not when you're just walking around and passing people on the move. The statement on the changes where Disney first mentions face coverings, temperature screenings and physical distancing has this statement at the end - "some details may evolve, so be sure to check this page often". I don't think everything is etched in stone at this point, particulary the farther we get into the summer. Today's briefing was everything they needed to say at this point to get the task force, the Mayor and the Governor to sign off on their re-opening.

Mainahman

I Look at it this day. Disney's legal team had to say something, they had to put something out there, plus its a cash grab for disney selling the Disney branded ones. Whether its still a thing or not come July august and September is a whole nother thing. I can still ride my favorite attractions, drink my favorite cocktails, and make memories with my family either way.

Beacon Joe

If I've got to wear one this summer at Disney, at least I found a nice Oswald fishing gaiter. It'll "work" just as well as 90% of the ineffective knit cotton masks (or proper N95/N100s being worn under the nose) I see everybody wearing in my area. And it wicks.

Hockey89

I have bad feet. I hate wearing footwear...causes me lots of pain. Yet I abide by their rules. And every hates new rules, I’m sure when no shirts, no shoes was implemented people hated that and made excuses.
You are going to walk around in 100 degrees with nothing on your feet? Lol ok. If a business wants to force masks, that is fine. I won’t be going until these major overreactions go away. Maybe go see a foot DR

I would wear a mask, but it is not going to happen bc I also have a little girl who just recently turned 4 years old and there is no way that I or my husband is going to be able to keep a mask on her while walking around WDW or even if she is in a stroller. So we will wait it out.

Chi84

Premium Member
I would wear a mask, but it is not going to happen bc I also have a little girl who just recently turned 4 years old and there is no way that I or my husband is going to be able to keep a mask on her while walking around WDW or even if she is in a stroller. So we will wait it out.
I’m sure you’re not alone. From my experience with very young children, I predict there will be very few willing or able to wear a face mask for any length of time and pretty much none who will be able to wear it in a way that would effectively stop them from spreading the virus if they are sick. I’m sure CMs will make sure children entering the parks have the required mask and that they will constantly remind parents to put the masks back on the kids. How much good that will do in preventing spread of the virus is questionable. We have a trip planned for May 2021 with our grandson, who will be two years old. We won’t go if masks are still required, but I honestly don’t think they will be required for long.

I’m sure you’re not alone. From my experience with very young children, I predict there will be very few willing or able to wear a face mask for any length of time and pretty much none who will be able to wear it in a way that would effectively stop them from spreading the virus if they are sick. I’m sure CMs will make sure children entering the parks have the required mask and that they will constantly remind parents to put the masks back on the kids. How much good that will do in preventing spread of the virus is questionable. We have a trip planned for May 2021 with our grandson, who will be two years old. We won’t go if masks are still required, but I honestly don’t think they will be required for long.
That is so true as I am a Nurse and kids are constantly touching their faces and a lot of them have runny noses. The key with the masks is not only wearing them, but wearing them properly. An adult can be wearing one and I have seen this many times where the person doesn't have their nose covered or it is so loose it is half falling off. That really isn't helping either. The Social Distancing is also a major detail in all of this and that is going to have to be measured very tightly by the CM's and also Security if need be. To me all of this just takes some of the Magic away and for me anyway it is worth the wait to get 100% of the Magic when I decide to back with my family. If others want to go, I am all for them going and having the best possible time they can have.

cmoliver68

After spending a couple of hours at Disney Springs this weekend I am going to make a prediction for when the parks open. Either wearing a mask is not going to be enforced or they will have to close the parks again. Regardless of what they put in writing, wearing masks are not being enforced at all at Disney Springs. I saw a group of people walking past 3 uniformed OC deputies and nothing was said. Additionally, at no time did cast members say anything to guests inside WOD when masks were not being worn. Therefore, my prediction is the only way they can have 100% enforcement would be to close the parks, which will not happen. So, masks may be checked at the gate but once inside there will be no enforcement regardless of what Disney says they are going to do.

RememberWhen

We canceled our July trip, and rescheduled for late December. I have no problem putting masks on me or my kids (8 and 3). I’m sure we can have a really great time (and get some weird pictures) with masks on.

Dreaming of Disney World

Are you breathing through your nose or mouth?
Nose.

The kind I use are more intense to wear, though. KN95 and happymasks.co masks that filter out 99% of viruses and bacteria. That's what I would wear for more protection if i went to Disney World. Surgical masks are easier to breathe through but wouldn't offer me as much protection.

NelleBelle

Nose.

The kind I use are more intense to wear, though. KN95 and happymasks.co masks that filter out 99% of viruses and bacteria. That's what I would wear for more protection if i went to Disney World. Surgical masks are easier to breathe through but wouldn't offer me as much protection.
Be careful about KN9 masks—they are not the same as N95 masks, even though they look similar. They do not filter to the same degree that true N95 masks do. The FDA banned those masks as they did not meet testing requirements. I know the hospital were I worked for shipments of them in and refused to issue them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom