Mary Poppins Sequel in the works

Cmdr_Crimson

Official Trailer

I'm still on the side of nope on this..There was never a reason to make a sequel to this..
tenor.gif

And I bet you that if they do have M&G's it will be the sequel version and will discontinue her Jolly Holliday attire for this...
mary-poppins-returns-15-ftr.jpg

Last edited:

Rich T

I'm still on the side of nope on this..There was never a reason to make a sequel to this..
Well, except that the books contain about a hundred pretty great fantasy sequences--and a *ton* of characters that the original film never touched.

I'm a fan of the books (which get *really* dark and just plain freaking bizarre in places), but I think the changes made for the 1964 film were necessary. No one could make a successful film out of the books as written. My hope is that this new movie works in a lot of material from the books... but, I'm skeptical and wouldn't be surprised if it just echoes everything from the 1964 film. No WAY it's going to be as surreal and strange as the books.

Bottom line, though... If it's not terrible and it gets more people to watch (or re-watch) the Julie Andrews film and/or read the books... hooray for that.

Cmdr_Crimson

I hadn't seen that many 2D animated characters since Winnie The Pooh (2011).

I'd be surprised if it passes up to 10 mins "IF" were lucky...But. I think at least 5 mins is what were going to see....
Also there doesn't seem to be a "Memorable" Song not even for a trailer...Why does this film look too much like a Disney Sunday Movie to me..

BrianLo

I'd be surprised if it passes up to 10 mins "IF" were lucky...But. I think at least 5 mins is what were going to see....
Also there doesn't seem to be a "Memorable" Song not even for a trailer...Why does this film look too much like a Disney Sunday Movie to me..

It’s a bit hasty to conclude there’s no memorable song when we haven’t even heard them. Unless I missed a soundtrack or something.

I have faith in Lin to deliver something catchy.

peterpanic74

It’s a bit hasty to conclude there’s no memorable song when we haven’t even heard them. Unless I missed a soundtrack or something.

Unfortunately, he didn't write the songs for this. He just performs them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

How does a royal, child, born of the Fae
and a daughter of Titania and Auberon
rot in Brittania by impudence and arrogance
in banality become to tots a hero and a nanny?

When a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
in Avalon the faeries' pain, drippin' down the drain
poppin' from a princess's magical spells deranged
as she sang her first refrain, incantation gone insane

Her parents intervened, put a stop to that mad scene
had to deflower that power and plan to contravene
the path of becoming a bad mad queen
so they stripped her royal bearing,
daring her to learn humility and civility
in a foreign land caring for children in servility
until she learned the lesson of ruling with gentility
and nannying was the demonstrability
that she could repatriate with rehability
until then, what's you game, nan?

Mary Poppin's Avalon
My name is Mary Poppins Avalon
And there's a penance yet to be done
But just you wait, just you wait...

Last edited:

Phineas

Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney movie. I think it’s Walt Disney’s crowning achievement. When I heard about this sequel in the works, I assumed the worst, and thought there’s no way this would come remotely close to the original. And after seeing the Beauty and the Beast remake, my negativity only worsened.

With all that said, this looks promising. I gasped when I saw the traditional animation and welled up a little when I saw Mr. VanDyke (take that, censors).

Fingers crossed Disney is able to make this the movie it deserves to be.

Sped2424

Original Poster
We heard 5 seconds of one song in a film in which there will be at least 8 or more?? It would seem to me at least that you don't want to like this movie for reasons beyond the actual film lol

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Yikes, Debbie Downer has arrived! Come on, that trailer is freaking amazing. They have been making this for years. The talent involved speaks for itself, and specifically, director Rob Marshall knows his way around a movie musical. This is going to be absolutely fantastic. If I could buy my opening day ticket now, I would!

mf1972

i don’t think they can top the original, but going by the trailer, it looks like fun. i’m glad to see some old fashioned animation by disney again.
my burning question...wasn’t julie andrews also supposed to be in this movie? maybe they’re keeping it under wraps? we’ll just wait to see.

Sped2424

Original Poster
i don’t think they can top the original, but going by the trailer, it looks like fun. i’m glad to see some old fashioned animation by disney again.
my burning question...wasn’t julie andrews also supposed to be in this movie? maybe they’re keeping it under wraps? we’ll just wait to see.
A while ago it was said by Julie herself that she is not in this film partly of her own choice to give Emily blunt the space to make this Poppins her own. But part of me is hoping that to be a ruse I mean a cameo or something would be all I want.

NateD1226

A while ago it was said by Julie herself that she is not in this film partly of her own choice to give Emily blunt the space to make this Poppins her own. But part of me is hoping that to be a ruse I mean a cameo or something would be all I want.
Or maybe like a mention to her name in the movie??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom