Mary Poppins Sequel in the works

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Jane and Michael all grown up -

upload_2017-3-11_18-57-49.png

upload_2017-3-11_18-58-29.png

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
First Look - Wrap Party was just this past weekend!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/07/mar...l&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

upload_2017-6-7_12-36-46.png

Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall (Into the Woods), picks up 25 years after the events of the first film, fast-forwarding to London’s mid-1930s economic slump, the actual time period of Travers’ books. Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane has become the warm, loving home that banker and artist Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) shares with his wife and three children. But after the sudden death of Michael’s wife, the Banks family is shattered — even enthusiastic aunt Jane (Emily Mortimer), now a fervent union organizer, and long-time housemaid Ellen (Julie Walters) can’t help lift spirits — and so in time, the once-blossoming home is on the verge of foreclosure.

Cue the arrival of prim and peculiar Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt), who leads Michael’s wayward children (and Jane and Michael themselves) on a series of unbelievable adventures — to the top of Big Ben, the bottom of the ocean, into magical encounters with animated dancing penguins and upside-down cousins (hey, Meryl Streep!). If anyone can help this family find the light they’ve lost, it’s Mary Poppins.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://ew.com/movies/mary-poppins-returns-exclusive-first-look-photos/up-to-the-highest-height

upload_2017-6-7_12-41-21.png

Jack the lamplighter (Lin-Manuel Miranda) leads the three Banks children — Annabel (Pixie Davies), Georgie (Joel Dawson), and John (Nathanael Saleh) — and Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt) through the streets of London in the big musical number, “Trip a Little Light Fantastic.”

upload_2017-6-7_12-41-47.png

Cherrytree Lane - concept art

upload_2017-6-7_12-42-46.png

Grown-up Jane (Emily Mortimer) and Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw), plus Michael’s sons Georgie (Joel Dawson) and John (Nathanael Saleh), welcome Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt).

upload_2017-6-7_12-43-37.png

Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda) and his band of lamplighters light the way to Cherry Tree Lane for Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt) and the Banks children (Nathanael Saleh, Joel Dawson, and Pixie Davies)

upload_2017-6-7_12-44-27.png

Concept art of the abandoned park favored by Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda) and the leeries, his band of streetwise lamplighters

upload_2017-6-7_12-45-0.png

Concept art of Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda) on the London embankment at night

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sorry.....I have absolutely NO DESIRE To see this movie as it should, would and have Never been made....The classic is perfect and there was no reason to make a sequel....

I'll wait to see someone re-edit this trailer using this....
tumblr_ouc6qit3JZ1rpzbdgo7_540.gif

MarkTwain

I'm sorry.....I have absolutely NO DESIRE To see this movie as it should, would and have Never been made....The classic is perfect and there was no reason to make a sequel....

I'll wait to see someone re-edit this trailer using this....
tumblr_ouc6qit3JZ1rpzbdgo7_540.gif

I was trying to keep an open mind, but it kinda has an icky, sacrilegious feel doesn't it? Especially when the Cherry Tree Lane houses went onscreen; I was kind of hoping they'd take the story somewhere else (literally and metaphorically).

That said, based on the 1.5 seconds we saw, Emily Blunt looks like she might be able to do the role justice. Who knows.

MerlinTheGoat

Looks completely bland. Emily Blunt looks like she'd be a fine choice for the role on her own merit, but everything else just looks meh. I have to admit, the mere concept of this movie just feels wrong, unnecessary and even unwelcome. The original Mary Poppins was... well i'll just let Ms Poppins' tape measure say it-
latest

If you want something kind of reminiscent of Mary Poppins, I recommend Nanny McPhee with Emma Thompson (didn't care for the sequel). Nothing will ever beat the original Mary Poppins of course, but Nanny McPhee gives a unique spin on things and has a likable soul all its own.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

You can tell so much from a 30 second spot.
I'm not going to ACTUALLY judge it fully until it's released. The teaser is simply giving off some troubling warning signs and has completely failed to spark my interest even with low expectations. But beyond the quality of the teaser and the movie itself, just the idea of a Mary Poppins sequel feels inherently gross and wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom