Mary Poppins Sequel in the works

brb1006

New Photo
szsrmx6wv9f11.png

Princess Leia

Same with the teaser trailer for Toy Story 4.
Nah TS4 wouldn't have been released in front of Christopher Robin. It probably will be in front of WIR2 with Aladdin
TS4 is coming out June 21, so over 10 months from now. I’m sure a teaser would be possible (especially since teasers for Disney and Pixar films seem to be irrelevant to the actual films), but before TS4, there are a lot of other Disney/Pixar/Marvel films that will come out that haven’t gotten trailers yet (or at least in the case of Poppins, an actual trailer, not a teaser).

NateD1226

TS4 is coming out June 21, so over 10 months from now. I’m sure a teaser would be possible (especially since teasers for Disney and Pixar films seem to be irrelevant to the actual films), but before TS4, there are a lot of other Disney/Pixar/Marvel films that will come out that haven’t gotten trailers yet (or at least in the case of Poppins, an actual trailer, not a teaser).
Yeah I see what you mean! Like Captain Marvel! I'm waiting for it patiently!

Princess Leia

Nutcracker and the Four Realms- November 2
Wreck It Ralph 2- November 21
Mary Poppins Returns- December 19
Captain Marvel- March 8
Dumbo- March 29
Avengers 4- April 26 or May 3 (currently unknown)
Aladdin- May 21

We’ve got 7 movies to go before Toy Story 4 (8 if you include Disney Nature Penguins). A preview for Toy Story 4 or Captain Marvel could get people in the theaters for Nutcracker (which is currently looking like a flop). Poppins will probably get a trailer in the next couple of months, with the final trailer before Nutcracker or Ralph.

NateD1226

Nutcracker and the Four Realms- November 2
Wreck It Ralph 2- November 21
Mary Poppins Returns- December 19
Captain Marvel- March 8
Dumbo- March 29
Avengers 4- April 26 or May 3 (currently unknown)
Aladdin- May 21

We’ve got 7 movies to go before Toy Story 4 (8 if you include Disney Nature Penguins). A preview for Toy Story 4 or Captain Marvel could get people in the theaters for Nutcracker (which is currently looking like a flop). Poppins will probably get a trailer in the next couple of months, with the final trailer before Nutcracker or Ralph.
That is what they did for Nutcracker and Christopher Robin. They put an exclusive movie theater trailer before Christopher Robin so people would go see Christopher. But I think they should have done Mary Poppins because that is what would have brought in the crowd.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We’ve got 7 movies to go before Toy Story 4 (8 if you include Disney Nature Penguins)

And why would anyone exclude the penguins? Huh? Huh? Why?!

Nutcracker (which is currently looking like a flop).

Well, the majority of Disney's recent live action teen/tween-on-an-adventure has flopped.
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • Tomorrowland
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass
  • Race to Witch Mountain
The only ones that have made money are the ones based on an animated favorite: Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent (which really isn't about the teen/tween going on an adventure), and, Beauty and the Beast. And even then that didn't save Alice 2.

Seriously, who keep green lighting these? Who isn't guaranteeing the quality control of these like what is done for Pixar, DAS, and Marvel?

I think the answer here is that Disney Studios (live action) almost never does any exclusive in-house production. Almost all the movies of this studio is done in co-production with another studio.

[In researching this rant, I came across Bridge to Terebinthia, which made money and got good reviews. I need to see this.]

Princess Leia

And why would anyone exclude the penguins? Huh? Huh? Why?!

Well, the majority of Disney's recent live action teen/tween-on-an-adventure has flopped.
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • Tomorrowland
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass
  • Race to Witch Mountain
The only ones that have made money are the ones based on an animated favorite: Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent (which really isn't about the teen/tween going on an adventure), and, Beauty and the Beast. And even then that didn't save Alice 2.

Seriously, who keep green lighting these? Who isn't guaranteeing the quality control of these like what is done for Pixar, DAS, and Marvel?

I think the answer here is that Disney Studios (live action) almost never does any exclusive in-house production. Almost all the movies of this studio is done in co-production with another studio.

[In researching this rant, I came across Bridge to Terebinthia, which made money and got good reviews. I need to see this.]
I have yet to watch BFG, but it was one of my favorite books as a kid. And speaking of books, did you ever have to read Bridge to Terebinthia in school?

Nutcracker should have been animated, and not a weird Burton Alice style. Alice 2 probably flopped because the first wasn’t that good, but everyone got caught up in the 3D hype train, and we grew wiser to that when the sequel came out. I didn’t see the other movies you mentioned (didn’t see Alice 2 either), but Wrinkle probably got hurt because of how good Black Panther was. Coupled with the tepid reviews, and I wouldn’t be surprised if families chose to see BP over Wrinkle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom