Mary Poppins Sequel in the works

Brer Oswald

This is looking to be pretty great, which is harder for me since I’ve decided not to watch the film out of respect for Walt. There will only be one Mary Poppins, and it’s certainly not the one featuring someone who publicly slandered the man.

cjack300zx

Just saw the new trailer for this yesterday and really excited to see this. Dick Van looks like he hasn't aged in 50 years (he's 92).

mf1972

is that really d**k van d**e dancing or CGI? if there’s no CGI, he’s pretty good & agile for someone his age.

last time i’ve seen him with moves like that was night at the museum 3.

Princess Leia

Disney really thinks this one is Oscar-worthy, they have 17 categories that they want to be considered in for the awards:

3F0E8551-9D66-4983-AAD8-CACCB5250507.jpeg
DA35750E-5594-4F1C-A3A0-26811918B46D.jpeg
2D311D91-C01B-496A-A226-59011A9F9E04.jpeg

https://www.disneystudiosawards.com/mary-poppins-returns/consider

Last edited:

Phineas

Hi everyone, Disney has officially released two songs from Mary Poppins Returns. One is sung by Mary to comfort the Banks Children (“The Place Where Lost Things Go”-teased in the trailer), and the other is seemingly the Step in Time of the film (“Trip a Little Light Fantastic”).

Personally, after hearing them, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. This movie’s shaping up to be a worthy successor. Fingers still tightly crossed, of course.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Hi everyone, Disney has officially released two songs from Mary Poppins Returns. One is sung by Mary to comfort the Banks Children (“The Place Where Lost Things Go”-teased in the trailer), and the other is seemingly the Step in Time of the film (“Trip a Little Light Fantastic”).

Personally, after hearing them, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. This movie’s shaping up to be a worthy successor. Fingers still tightly crossed, of course.

I need a leery gang performance somewhere at the parks. This song is just TOO GOOD.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is looking to be pretty great, which is harder for me since I’ve decided not to watch the film out of respect for Walt. There will only be one Mary Poppins, and it’s certainly not the one featuring someone who publicly slandered the man.

I say this with the love only a total internet stranger can provide, but you really need to get over that and see the movie.

GiveMeTheMusic

I definitely won’t pay money to see it. If it’s ever in TV, at a friends house, or somebody gives it to me as a gift, maybe.

Con someone else into buying you a ticket. Meryl is in it for all of five minutes. The movie is spectacular and needs to be seen on a big screen. It’s the Waltiest film Disney has made in decades and it’s not to be missed.

Magenta Panther

I definitely won’t pay money to see it. If it’s ever in TV, at a friends house, or somebody gives it to me as a gift, maybe.

FWIW, I'm with you. If Meryl SHEEP is in it for only 5 minutes, why cast her at all then - especially after she slandered Walt? Plus there's her friendship with Weinstein and support of Polanski.. I mean, COME ON...she's either a total idiot or simply a scumbag.

As for the music clips, yep, I listened to them. And the orchestral arrangements are indeed very reminiscent of the original Poppins film. But as for the songs, uh..."Chim-Chim-Cheree", "Feed the Birds" or even "I Love To Laugh" they ain't. Forced whimsy and hokum, says I.

But to those who are eager to see this film, I hope you enjoy it. Peace out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom