Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

mickEblu

Guest Experience Services' job is to shut people up. She listened, added you to some trouble maker blacklist, and will do nothing else unless you escalate.

Escalate to who? Her manager? I called the number listed for TDA 3 times and the operator sent me to Guest Services every time, no matter how I described what my intention was.

Also, I realize my call alone won't make a difference. The hope is that enough people call to where it does get noticed.

BrianLo

My sentiments exactly. It makes no sense at all, unless the sole priority is to get Marvel into DCA as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I think a picture might be worth a thousand words.

When that's your future Marvel expansion pad for that project that is bubbling along... is it really surprising someone came to the conclusion something needed to be altered?

26030034022_0c3729606e_o.jpg

This is the whole reason this is even a thing. NOT because of WDW, because it's supposed to be part of a greater Marvel presence at DCA. WDW is the stupid, cheap afterthought. I can get behind the idea in DCA, simply because it is being designed to make sense with the future plans in DCA.

Last edited:

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Did you get the cubicle dweller's, who would likely take a selfie if she/he met Georgie, name? First, last and title with company. Did they say there would be no temporary or permanent overlay of GotG to ToT? And they used the word NEVER? And has anyone called TDA or do our DLers just not care (one justification I was told for why this was an easy sell in CA where DCA has dozens of attractions and not the amount of fingers most people have on one hand like WDW)?

I was contacted by Joan Martin after sending an email. I missed her call and have yet to connect with her. I've spoken to her previously after sending an email a couple years ago about something else. I'm not really expecting a whole lot of honesty or straight talk to be honest with you since that doesn't appear to be her trip from what I can recall about our previous conversation. Anyway, here is her info:

Joan Martin
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-560-3251

Floyd M

I
I think a picture might be worth a thousand words.

When that's your future Marvel expansion pad for that project that is bubbling along... is it really surprising someone came to the conclusion something needed to be altered?

26030034022_0c3729606e_o.jpg

This is the whole reason this is even a thing. NOT because of WDW, because it's supposed to be part of a greater Marvel presence at DCA. WDW is the stupid, cheap afterthought. I can get behind the idea in DCA, simply because it is being designed to make sense with the future plans in DCA.

I see where you're coming from, and it probably reflects TDA's thinking. But no 5-month (or 15-month) re-theme is gonna change the reality of that building's huge ugly backside looming over Marvel-miniland. Hell, they can repaint the Tower's whole backside with a giant Marvel mural (without touching the TZ-themed front and interior) and it'll still be an eyesore from the expansion pad. No way to fix those sightlines ... other than, ya know, building a third gate dedicated to Marvel. Right around the time pigs (and elephants) fly, no doubt.

BrianLo

I

I see where you're coming from, and it probably reflects TDA's thinking. But no 5-month (or 15-month) re-theme is gonna change the reality of that building's huge ugly backside looming over Marvel-miniland. Hell, they can repaint the Tower's whole backside with a giant Marvel mural (without touching the TZ-themed front and interior) and it'll still be an eyesore from the expansion pad. No way to fix those sightlines ... other than, ya know, building a third gate dedicated to Marvel. Right around the time pigs (and elephants) fly, no doubt.

You are absolutely right, but since the third gate is never going to happen (this administration can no longer build parks) that leaves four options.

1. Do nothing and build Marvel land behind it unapologetically.
2. Don't build Marvel land at all.
3. Tear it down.
4. Attempt to make it more palatable for Marvel land with a retheme.

All I'm saying is that's why it 'makes sense' they came to the conclusion they did.

Maybe that makes me the black sheep for preferring number four, but I think that's the best course of action for DCA. Even if it's controversial.

GiveMeTheMusic

Escalate to who? Her manager? I called the number listed for TDA 3 times and the operator sent me to Guest Services every time, no matter how I described what my intention was.

Also, I realize my call alone won't make a difference. The hope is that enough people call to where it does get noticed.

TDA is not a department, or an extension. You can't just be connected to TDA; you would need to ask for something specific. Like Michael Colglazier's office!

I was contacted by Joan Martin after sending an email. I missed her call and have yet to connect with her. I've spoken to her previously after sending an email a couple years ago about something else. I'm not really expecting a whole lot of honesty or straight talk to be honest with you since that doesn't appear to be her trip from what I can recall about our previous conversation. Anyway, here is her info:

Joan Martin
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-560-3251

@asianway

Floyd M

You are absolutely right, but since the third gate is never going to happen (this administration can no longer build parks) that leaves four options.

1. Do nothing and build Marvel land behind it unapologetically.
2. Don't build Marvel land at all.
3. Tear it down.
4. Attempt to make it more palatable for Marvel land with a retheme.

All I'm saying is that's why it 'makes sense' they came to the conclusion they did.

Maybe that makes me the black sheep for preferring number four, but I think that's the best course of action for DCA. Even if it's controversial.

If those are the only four options on the table, I choose number one. For no other reason than that ALL of Hollywood Land becomes irrelevant without the TZ Tower serving as its anchor. I still think a small Marvel area could work just fine (if less than spectacularly) in the Tower's rear shadow, but how in the name of Pluto does it make sense for the Red Car Trolley to make a terminal stop in front of a sci-fi Marvel attraction? That's idiocy, and it wrecks all the fine (and costly), work done to blend Buena Vista Street so seamlessly with Hollywood Land. Granted, the back lot area needs work, but why throw out the baby with the bathwater?

Fantasmicguy

WDSP is a park that has quite a few attractions that we would love to see come to DHS, but the main problems with it are the look of the place, there needs to be more to do, the fact that the Studio Backlot Tour focuses on a 13 episode and cancelled TV show from 13.5 years ago (and Jeremy Irons seems extremely bored), and Armageddon.

But, who would argue against Florida receiving any of the following?

- Cinemagique,
- Animagique,
- Art of Disney Animation (replacing the one that we have lost),
- Crush's Coaster, Ratatouille,
- Les Tapis Volants (if it got rid of the Magic Carpets of Aladdin from Adventureland ;) )

They have the good basis of a park there, they just need to keep on improving it.
I'd beg for cinemagique to come to Hollywood Studios.

mickEblu

I

In addition to this, who's to say that they couldn't just work on sprucing up the back of the tower to the CURRENT theme? There's other things that could be done too like strategically placing a huge facade for the coaster show building in a way to hide the the tower as much as possible.

BrianLo

I still think a small Marvel area could work just fine (if less than spectacularly) in the Tower's rear shadow, but how in the name of Pluto does it make sense for the Red Car Trolley to make a terminal stop in front of a sci-fi Marvel attraction? That's idiocy, and it wrecks all the fine (and costly), work done to blend Buena Vista Street so seamlessly with Hollywood Land.

Unless it's not going to be Sci-Fi... It's going to be period appropriate Captain America (not modern day MCU).

Kind of hoping they actually extend the trolley into the land and add a third car.

Suspirian

Unless it's not going to be Sci-Fi... It's going to be period appropriate Captain America (not modern day MCU).

Kind of hoping they actually extend the trolley into the land and add a third car.

I'd be ok with this. After all, the current season of Agent Carter does take place in Los Angeles. They would be limited in the characters they could use though since aside from Captain America, most MCU movies are modern day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom