Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Phil12

Likes .,.. maybe.. content quality.. he has you beaten by a long run ;)
There's no accounting for taste. Different strokes for different folks.
463928397-no-accounting-for-taste-1866-i-dont-see-why-gettyimages.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can Disney even use the name "Marvel" anywhere in their parks in WDW?

Just thinking, a Marvel mini-land would not really work unless it was a mini-land based on a single Marvel franchise and did NOT include the Marvel name.

They definitely cannot use it as part of an attraction name.

Haymarket2008

Maybe. I had heard it was RnRC that could get the re-theme (and this was a LONG time ago), but I trust what WDW1974 has to say and, if that's the case, I could see them doing both and turning the end of Sunset into a mini-Marvel-ish land (at least the second-tier properties they can use). We have no idea what is going to be included in GotG2, so it's very possible there may be some kind of action sequence that could relate to a TotT-type attraction. Otherwise, it sounds like a VERY bizarre fit. I would think BH6 would be a much better fit for ToT.

Btw, their push to get new characters into the movies is certainly not by coincidence.

I can only speculate, but I would think any downtime probably wouldn't happen until Toy Story opens.

TSL is projected to open by June 2018, so that would put whatever happens with DHS' ToT to a full year after DCA's change...?

stretchsje

Another thought: why even use Guardians in Anaheim? Disney's hand is forced in Orlando due to the Unversal contract. But in Anaheim? It's not. There's much more popular and better-recognized fodder in the Marvel cannon, why the heck wouldn't they pick something or someone else? Want to bet merchandizing sales for Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Spider-Man, or Captain America blow away those of Groot? Or that every five-year-old boy asks for an Avengers birthday party, not a Guardians party? Those characters are far more iconic to the brand.

Is Disney so bent on avoiding park exclusives now that they'll actually avoid their best I.P. to avoid a park exclusive?

Last edited:

Alejandro

I really hope they leave ToT alone, that ride, at least in DHS is the best thing they have, and the 5th dimension part just blows my mind and just makes it better than the other versions.
Develop something new with Guardians, heck, make it a motion ride or a Ratatouille-style 3-d screen CGI orgy.
Leave TOT alone as it is!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really hope they leave ToT alone, that ride, at least in DHS is the best thing they have, and the 5th dimension part just blows my mind and just makes it better than the other versions.
Develop something new with Guardians, heck, make it a motion ride or a Ratatouille-style 3-d screen CGI orgy.
Leave TOT alone as it is!
Whatever happened to the simulators from Body Wars? They could probably slap in a Guardians film and be done.

Ignohippo

TSL is projected to open by June 2018, so that would put whatever happens with DHS' ToT to a full year after DCA's change...?

I specifically said that I didn't know. That said, it wouldn't be the first time projects were updated at one park and not at the the other at the same time.

FrankLapidus

Yes, there certainly is. The clueless, and hopefully so to be jobless, idiots who conceived/approved this insane concept deserve every ounce if venom that speed their way.

People that actually like the idea (if there are any that aren't just trolling)....I'm biting my tongue. But, I did use the term "moronic" earlier, and I'll stand by that.

You're being too kind to them.

The sad thing is you could have named the people on here who would have said "wow, what a great idea!". And they haven't disappointed; just goes to show that some will lap up even the most ridiculous ideas that Iger and his idiotic, clueless cronies dream up and delude themselves into believing that it all makes sense.

Phil12

I would say, if it is "Heroes" related, BH6 would be a perfect fit. Not hard to imagine at all that they're trapped in an old building and a villain is chasing them.

Once again though, we have no idea what kind of action sequences may be in GotG2.
And go with a steampunk theme!

doctornick

I would say, if it is "Heroes" related, BH6 would be a perfect fit. Not hard to imagine at all that they're trapped in an old building and a villain is chasing them.

I could see it, though it would defeat the point of sharing costs between coasts if Anaheim is getting a GotG makeover for ToT.

That said, to build upon what you said earlier, I've actually been an advocate of having a "Heroes" type section in DHS with the comic book guys they can use and some other options mixed in. And, honestly, I've envisioned the logical place being to convert RnR to one of those IPs (like GotG) and build it around there, with a connection to Animation Courtyard. RnR is kinda detached from the rest of Sunset Blvd, so it would be easy to make that a new "land".

I know it's armchair Imagineering, but if anyone from Disney is listening, please spare ToT in WDW! And consider the following if you want to get Marvel into the parks:
1. Build TSL ASAP
2. Once it's done, take RnR off-line and convert it to a GotG theme
3. At the same time, build a second ride next to RnR themed to another hero(s) -- Big Hero 6 or The Incredibles or another Marvel character that you can use
4. Also add the requisite M&G/merch/food to that area

Now, you have a viable new land and have introduced Marvel to WDW (no, can't use the name though) and done so relatively quickly but in a sensible way given the park's capacity.

Cesar R M

Change of this type is part of the growth Disney needs to retain its leadership in the entertainment industry.
So, retheming, rehashing, reskinnig is "part of the growth to retain leadership" as opposed to build quality attractions like Universal has been doing lately?
what?
GloriousExpositionComrade.jpg

There's no accounting for taste. Different strokes for different folks.
463928397-no-accounting-for-taste-1866-i-dont-see-why-gettyimages.jpg
mediocre.jpg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So . . . . if a different theme (somehow Marvel related without infringing
on the Uni contract) is in place, that would mean that the theme "Sunset Blvd." is also going away, correct?
The only way the redo could somehow fit with Marvel and at same time the sunset blvr.. would be a 40's themed ride (captain america, wolverine, apocalypse, agent carter and the first shield group)

Thats imho.

Matt7187

I could see it, though it would defeat the point of sharing costs between coasts if Anaheim is getting a GotG makeover for ToT.

That said, to build upon what you said earlier, I've actually been an advocate of having a "Heroes" type section in DHS with the comic book guys they can use and some other options mixed in. And, honestly, I've envisioned the logical place being to convert RnR to one of those IPs (like GotG) and build it around there, with a connection to Animation Courtyard. RnR is kinda detached from the rest of Sunset Blvd, so it would be easy to make that a new "land".

I know it's armchair Imagineering, but if anyone from Disney is listening, please spare ToT in WDW! And consider the following if you want to get Marvel into the parks:
1. Build TSL ASAP
2. Once it's done, take RnR off-line and convert it to a GotG theme
3. At the same time, build a second ride next to RnR themed to another hero(s) -- Big Hero 6 or The Incredibles or another Marvel character that you can use
4. Also add the requisite M&G/merch/food to that area

Now, you have a viable new land and have introduced Marvel to WDW (no, can't use the name though) and done so relatively quickly but in a sensible way given the park's capacity.
It's a shame that none of the Imagineers can think as logically as that.

Phil12

Who cares about a licensing fee. They are charging $100 a head to get into the park, they can afford it.
Because they don't need the entire concept. Prior to the Twilight Zone idea, they had plans to use Mel Brooks to narrate the story line. We've had the current story line for over twenty years. I think they should try another concept. And if they have to pay a licensing fee then they should include Micheal Jackson as our guide to the other side. They could call it "Moon walking in the ToT".

njDizFan

Maybe. I had heard it was RnRC that could get the re-theme (and this was a LONG time ago), but I trust what WDW1974 has to say and, if that's the case, I could see them doing both and turning the end of Sunset into a mini-Marvel-ish land (at least the second-tier properties they can use). We have no idea what is going to be included in GotG2, so it's very possible there may be some kind of action sequence that could relate to a TotT-type attraction. Otherwise, it sounds like a VERY bizarre fit. I would think BH6 would be a much better fit for ToT.

Btw, their push to get new characters into the movies is certainly not by coincidence.

I can only speculate, but I would think any downtime probably wouldn't happen until Toy Story opens.
At this point I would doubt they would leave RnRC as the only attraction without a tie-in.

You will have Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel and maybe a Muppet mini land for the under 5s. Evetntually I would image the GMR getting a redo highlighting only those 4 franchises

Truely the park of acquired IPs

FigmentForver96

Because they don't need the entire concept. Prior to the Twilight Zone idea, they had plans to use Mel Brooks to narrate the story line. We've had the current story line for over twenty years. I think they should try another concept. And if they have to pay a licensing fee then they should include Micheal Jackson as our guide to the other side. They could call it "Moon walking in the ToT".

Do you like trolling or are you just oblivious?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom