Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No. Just Spirited Sarcasm. I admit I love the fact that Bob can't have what he wants. Marvel's east coast home will always be at UNI. Even if the GotG find a home at The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios.

And let's face it UNI has given Marvel attractions worthy of the characters and they upgrade them!, Unlike Disney who uses the Marvel characters for cheap meet and gropes. And unfortunately this impending disaster.

Look I LOVED GotG it was a great summer popcorn flick, It is NOT worth destroying one of the greatest theme park rides ever built which is an icon in it's own right to push a sequel to a popcorn flick

Bairstow

Well technically RNRC messed up the cohesive theming of the land anyway....the Hollywood Blvd was supposed to have the classic feel of the 1930's.

'40s, actually.

More%20Studio%20Details%2002.jpg

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

So, I just finished "skimming" 25 pages of posts reading the actual information and fan lamentation. I am appalled at the idea of a cheap overlay of ToT. And equally appalled at the "death by a thousand cuts" that DIS is imposing on domestic parks to stop the bleeding from Shanghai and make up for the "11% increase in per guest spending" that never materialized from MM+.

So, I as a DIS stockholder, who only purchased because of my love of the movies and parks has sold off almost all my DIS position over the past two years because they are acting like complete fools over there in CA. I have done the required reading of the history of "Disney as a Business" and am so tired of the signs of history repeating itself. Many of you are correct, this will be a required reading book in any MBA program someday...provided someone has the guts to write it.

Cancelled any Disney for for 2016, might go back in 2018 and so glad I dodged the "maybe I should buy DVC" bullet in 2014 when I sold a different vacation property and decided to invest the money in actual money things instead.

I also believe that GotG would make a great revamp of RnRC. Think of that sound track while looping through a space voyage. I never thought Aerosmith went with classic Hollywood anyway.

Carry on. I will continue to read.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Last post before I move on for the evening. But the original plans for DCA's Marvel land included a Spidey version of RnRC, which would also get converted in Paris. Not sure whether that is still planned.
Can't they just ruin RnRC at DHS instead? Who cares about Aerosmith anyway, make it a GoTG roller coaster and be done. This is just a bad, bad idea. I know you are just the messenger but this just plain sucks.

Cesar R M

Just a brief Sunday afternoon post to clarify.

First, not rumor. This is currently the plan for Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim is where this generated from after the major E-Ticket coaster got (temporarily?) shelved due to Shanghai's issues. It has been clarified to me that this is a Bob Chapek project and comes from his desire to get Marvel product in the parks as quickly as possible.

This is not blue sky. It is in the development pipeline.

Nothing is a done deal until it happens (that means that SDL might not open, but I sorta think it will) but this is looking extremely likely in CA. and Disney wants it in Florida as well to split the costs and make it appear they are adding actual attractions like Universal and Sea World etc.

The only issue on the FL end is WDW has balked at the costs and would rather a temporary overlay and DCA needs a permanent major Marvel attraction until the now Captain America themed mega-coaster (not RnRC clone any longer) gets budgeted and slotted for build.

This project could happen in one resort alone, but it is highly unlikely. If everything stays on course, DCA's ToT will close in January and reopen by May or June. WDW's would likely follow not long after.
can someone punch some sense into Mr. Chapek's Marvel overdosing addiction?

Bairstow

Cancelled any Disney for for 2016, might go back in 2018 and so glad I dodged the "maybe I should buy DVC" bullet in 2014 when I sold a different vacation property and decided to invest the money in actual money things instead.

Between Cobra's Curse, Kong, and Mako, 2016 Is shaping up to be a great summer to go every place that isn't Disney this year.

I also believe that GotG would make a great revamp of RnRC. Think of that sound track while looping through a space voyage. I never thought Aerosmith went with classic Hollywood anyway.

That's my take on this too.
I can't imagine their actually doing anything to Tower of Terror, but in my book Rock n' Rollercoaster is completely fair game. I've always loved the ride hardware itself, but the theme seemed like an afterthought and made for a pretty darn boring queue.

Cesar R M

The funniest part of this whole thread is that it's taking close to 2 years to re-theme Maelstrom to Frozen and somehow Disney thinks it can re-theme Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy in 4 to 5 months. This is why we get crazy ideas...
unless they go the crappy way like SuperStar Limo?
Aka only cutouts and cheap 2 axis unmobile AA's (aka mannequins)

Cesar R M

The truly sad thing about this is that there's already an awful, unpopular attraction ripe for removal (Stitch's Great Escape) that would provide an absolutely perfect location for a GotG attraction. But the higher-ups are so intent on replacing/retheming non-IP attractions with IPs that they're blind to the idea of replacing failed past attempts of doing this.
Isnt Stitch still one of the poster childs of Iger's EGO? (along with Avatar and now Shangai)

Bairstow

unless they go the crappy way like SuperStar Limo?
Aka only cutouts and cheap 2 axis unmobile AA's (aka mannequins)

Nah. IF they were to do it, which would be tragic and I think highly unlikely, it would be through extensive use of projections and screens.
I mean, if it worked for Grand Fiesta Tour...

Cesar R M

I agree. In addition to your examples, look at the big banks prior to the collapse. Same kind of thinking, short term stock performance and bonuses were favored over long term stability. Add in the mentality that you're too big to fail, which I'm sure there's plenty of over at Disney corporate, and look what happened.
I actually would love to imagine a twisted future, where Disney executives and Iger flying on their private 747 to President Trump's office to demand a handout to get out of the bankruptcy they themselves shoveled in. ala banks. Except unlike banks.. Disney has no real excuse to get a handout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom