Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Phicinfan

You can speculate all you want, which is fine, but you were disagreeing with my statement "There is NO indication that Star Tours will be moved to Star Wars Land", which is correct, there is currently nothing that indicates it's moving.

It's sort of like the Iron Man going into the DL ST rumor. Lots of speculation about it because in some ways it makes sense, but there is no evidence that it's actually being considered.
Lets add, the fact all Disney has done is cost cut on these projects, and why would you move ST into SWL or SWE as it is currently called, when you will be adding the Falcon ride anyways? Much better to retheme it to add even more new attractions to the rest of the park.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Lets add, the fact all Disney has done is cost cut on these projects, and why would you move ST into SWL or SWE as it is currently called, when you will be adding the Falcon ride anyways? Much better to retheme it to add even more new attractions to the rest of the park.
My suggestion was that a new ST was built in SWL/SWE and that the old building would be rethemed, possibly to Guardians. As for the Falcon ride, I think it will be more similar to Pirates of the Carribean: Battle for Bucaneer Gold at Disney Quest than Star Tours.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You've got the definitions of indication and evidence wrong. Logic is indicating and acting as evidence that ST will be moved. It may not be the most sound evidence, and it definitley isn't as sound as an insider confirming, but it is evidence nonetheless.

Phrase it how ever you like, there is no reason to believe it's being moved. I really don't want to get into an argument about this, I am just trying to prevent speculation from growing legs and becoming rumor.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My suggestion was that a new ST was built in SWL/SWE and that the old building would be rethemed, possibly to Guardians. As for the Falcon ride, I think it will be more similar to Pirates of the Carribean: Battle for Bucaneer Gold at Disney Quest than Star Tours.

If they were going to do this I think it would have been part of the original announcement. I also think if they wanted ST to be part of SWL they would either find a way to connect it around Muppets, or simply remove Muppets.

Kate F

It isn't SSE either (thank god!)... I can't really say much more. I will say that I am of the opinion that if I had to pick between GotG going into ToT, and the attraction that I have heard it is going into, I would pick the one that I have heard it is going into, although I wouldn't be happy with either choice.
Do you know if there's going to be an announcement anytime soon?

Phineas

Trying to wrap my head around this possibly coming to Epcot.....could this be something reminiscent of Captain EO and moving into the Magic Eye theatre? Space traveling crime fighters to the sounds of the 70's/80's?
You know, I was having trouble wrapping my head around them coming to Epcot in any cohesive way until you said this. That's really the only way I can see them logically fitting in-with a spiritual successor to Captain EO.

ToTBellHop

Plans aren't for GotG at WDW's ToT, correct?
Plans have progressed pretty far along a different path, thankfully. Although there are still discussions of removing The Twilight Zone and just having the Tower of Terror. Plot would largely stay the same though. Just no Rod. Could be as simple as a new preshow and voiceover--the change could happen overnight.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It isn't SSE either (thank god!)... I can't really say much more. I will say that I am of the opinion that if I had to pick between GotG going into ToT, and the attraction that I have heard it is going into, I would pick the one that I have heard it is going into, although I wouldn't be happy with either choice.
I'm going with Great Movie Ride as my guess.

JustInTime

Plans have progressed pretty far along a different path, thankfully. Although there are still discussions of removing The Twilight Zone and just having the Tower of Terror. Plot would largely stay the same though. Just no Rod. Could be as simple as a new preshow and voiceover--the change could happen overnight.
Different path? Is it still potentially Rockin' Roller Coaster? I heard that one a while ago but dismissed it because of the TOT rumors.

Mike S

This was the whole reason why I started watching The Twilight Zone... :(

aaronml

Maybe they actually listened to the fans on this one...? I know I made my absolute disdain for the idea quite clear in my numerous emails and phone calls.
I hate to break it to you, but TDO/TDA doesn't at all care about nostalgic fans' (such as myself) opinions. The story told by the numbers is that upset nostalgic fans are the "vocal minority" and that despite people saying that they'll "cancel their AP", they rarely do. Look at what happened with Maelstrom and FEA... that just gave TDO/TDA management all the more reason to ignore angry nostalgic fans when changing a classic attraction.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the GotG ToT in DHS is absolute dead, at least currently. I'm just saying that their leaving the ToT alone has very little to do with us nostalgic fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom