Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

psherman42

GOTG is clear for use at WDW. Elements and characters have already been used at public and private events in DHS & MK. This is not a debatable topic. Disney's team of rabid lawyers would not allow a GOTG-TOT proposal to get this far in development if it wasn't legally viable.

It is in development. We are all hopeful it doesn't go through as planned for WDW. That's the current status.
If you don't mind me asking, who exactly is 'we'? And does that make it more likely to happen than last week when someone said there was a 10% or so chance of it coming to WDW? Like this just seems so stupid with everything else already gone at DHS. Why take down one of the most popular (only) attractions in the park?

FigmentForver96

Right, but never during regular hours. Doesn't sound like free use to me.
The unleashed event was still a public event open to guest who bought tickets. Not some company event that was private. So technically it could be argued that they were during regular hours. Multiple insiders have said it could very well happen....give it up.

Quinnmac000

The unleashed event was still a public event open to guest who bought tickets. Not some company event that was private. So technically it could be argued that they were during regular hours. Multiple insiders have said it could very well happen....give it up.

More so I think the private thing was the guys who didn't were a third party hired by Disney to represent said characters.

Cesar R M

You're right. I think that Disney confuses Space with the future. Change Tomorrowland to Spaceland and then everything fits except MILF.
isn't tomorrowland a supposed idealistic view of what could have happened in the future?
Technically GOTG and Stitch are the 90's and 2010's version of space. (from space faring, spaceships, alien societies..etc..)

Cesar R M

Shoving an acquired IP into one of the best attractons on property won't make it better in my opinion. I would never be in favor of this but I'm even less in favor of it when there's already going to be so much construction around the park.
This has been mentioned insane amounts of times. Its weird how people think GOTG will make the tower better o_O
Unless Disney is ready to gut and change the entire area (including Rock and Roller, the theater, the food stands, and the street)

JustInTime

People are still reporting a fall shut down for DCA's version. The great news is right now DHS absolutely cannot afford to lose the attraction for any downtime. So by the time it could actually be shut down and redone, GOTG2 will already be out. I'm hoping DHS misses this boat all together thankfully because of the half a** redo of the park. Fingers crossed.

PhotoDave219

This has been mentioned insane amounts of times. Its weird how people think GOTG will make the tower better o_O
Unless Disney is ready to gut and change the entire area (including Rock and Roller, the theater, the food stands, and the street)

Well, if everyone knew how to create theme park attractions, every roadside carnival would look like MSUSA.

truecoat

So the few Marvel characters they can "use" and Disney doesn't capitalize on this at all.

Phil12

Shoving an acquired IP into one of the best attractons on property won't make it better in my opinion. I would never be in favor of this but I'm even less in favor of it when there's already going to be so much construction around the park.
Without knowing it, you've stumbled upon the entire point. Disney is not concerned with the opinion of fans. They are concerned with profit. They know that the ToT is popular due to the ride mechanism itself, not due to the story or the theme. After all the Tokyo version uses a different story and it's hugely popular. Therefore , they're free to change the story in order to sell more Groot and Rocket Raccoon plush and other GotG merchandise in the gift shop.

If you've ever noticed, there is very little merchandise in the gift Shop that deals with The Twilight Zone except for a few books and a T-shirt or two. The overwhelming majority of merchandise is devoted to the Hollywood Tower Hotel (HTH) and no mention is made of The Twilight Zone on most sale items. Any story can be crafted to work with Hollywood Tower Hotel that would incorporate any number of other Disney owned IP's.

This makes it simple for Disney to drop The Twilight Zone theme and switch to GotG or another IP with the added bonus of being able to sell more of their own merchandise IP and dropping the current licensing fee paid to CBS.

FigmentJedi

Without knowing it, you've stumbled upon the entire point. Disney is not concerned with the opinion of fans. They are concerned with profit. They know that the ToT is popular due to the ride mechanism itself, not due to the story or the theme. After all the Tokyo version uses a different story and it's hugely popular. Therefore , they're free to change the story in order to sell more Groot and Rocket Raccoon plush and other GotG merchandise in the gift shop.

If you've ever noticed, there is very little merchandise in the gift Shop that deals with The Twilight Zone except for a few books and a T-shirt or two. The overwhelming majority of merchandise is devoted to the Hollywood Tower Hotel (HTH) and no mention is made of The Twilight Zone on most sale items. Any story can be crafted to work with Hollywood Tower Hotel that would incorporate any number of other Disney owned IP's.

This makes it simple for Disney to drop The Twilight Zone theme and switch to GotG or another IP with the added bonus of being able to sell more of their own merchandise IP and dropping the current licensing fee paid to CBS.
Except Tokyo's story is pretty much the same as the Hollywood Tower Hotel versions (Rich people in an elevator get hit by supernatural lightning and a lavish hotel is cursed in the process), but with a different setting and characters. And I just don't see a way to shoehorn Guardians of the Galaxy characters into this setting that won't seem awkward and forced, even with this idea of "It's the Collector's house".

Get off this forum Chapek.

Mr. Peabody

Even from a strictly business standpoint, replacing TOT in WDW with a GOTG ride would be a huge mistake. DHS is an underbuilt park. The park needs to expand. The company should not be replacing popular rides, especially at a time when a significant portion of the park will be under construction. There are so many issues with DHS that need to be addressed, and TOT is not one of them. For goodness' sake, TOT is practically a park icon. The WDW version is well-regarded as an Imagineering masterpiece. That licensing fee is chump change compared to the value the ride generates for Disney.

Don't even get me started on the thematic issues this rumored attraction will create.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom