Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

AEfx

Which is why i find it strange that the insiders on this board all agree WDW had seriously looked into the Tower or RNRC, GoTG re do...

I respect Briman but trust our guys here more. In that respect, i think that either the loophole is there or there have been advanced talks between Disney and Universal and everything we thought we knew about the former contract is bunk.

I pick the latter...

While I too wouldn't be surprised if renegotiation happened that could benefit both parties, the ToT/GoG redo ("Guardians of Terror?") Guardians characters have been used in the parks already, so I don't think there is much of an issue. I think folks get a little too deep into analyzing character families or what have you - everyone in the Marvel universe has teamed up with the Avengers, but that doesn't make them part of the franchise, but a cross-over.

Quinnmac000

While I too wouldn't be surprised if renegotiation happened that could benefit both parties, the ToT/GoG redo ("Guardians of Terror?") Guardians characters have been used in the parks already, so I don't think there is much of an issue. I think folks get a little too deep into analyzing character families or what have you - everyone in the Marvel universe has teamed up with the Avengers, but that doesn't make them part of the franchise, but a cross-over.

Guardians were hired by a third party for an event where they weren't even advertised to be at. It can be argued there they were trying to get around the rules. Two if there was an agreement we would have seen an addendum on the SEC site to protect Comcast/Universal and their agreement in case either company gets bought out or sold.

AEfx

Guardians were hired by a third party for an event where they weren't even advertised to be at. It can be argued there they were trying to get around the rules. Two if there was an agreement we would have seen an addendum on the SEC site to protect Comcast/Universal and their agreement in case either company gets bought out or sold.

So there is an addendum existing for the Spiderman arrangement to appear in Civil War?

lazyboy97o

Two if there was an agreement we would have seen an addendum on the SEC site to protect Comcast/Universal and their agreement in case either company gets bought out or sold.
I don't think it's safe to say this. The Marvel Agreement was the only such deal repeatedly filed and soneone would need to double check that Universal City Development Partners is still filing such statements since the Blackstone buyout.

Quinnmac000

I don't think it's safe to say this. The Marvel Agreement was the only such deal repeatedly filed and soneone would need to double check that Universal City Development Partners is still filing such statements since the Blackstone buyout.

i will have to double check but I was told that if there was a deal, it would be public record in an addendum especially since the agreement was refiled after Disney bought Marvel.

lazyboy97o

i will have to double check but I was told that if there was a deal, it would be public record in an addendum especially since the agreement was refiled after Disney bought Marvel.
It may get filed but the where is the problem. Searching the SEC filings is not always an easy task of you do not know exactly what you want and who filed it.

Cesar R M

RUMOR UPDATE: This is still a horrible idea.
8o2lq2y.gif

Clover Bailey

Hollywood Studios is already screwed up in the first place, with the nonstop closing of attractions and shows to make way for Toy Story and Star Wars, so closing Tower of Terror would pretty much ruin the park. However, I do have a good alternative decision.

DHS is getting a Toy Story Land, so why not close down Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and replace it with, you guessed it, a GOTG attraction. I've always found Buzz and Toy Story Mania being in two different parks awkward.

RSoxNo1

Hollywood Studios is already screwed up in the first place, with the nonstop closing of attractions and shows to make way for Toy Story and Star Wars, so closing Tower of Terror would pretty much ruin the park. However, I do have a good alternative decision.

DHS is getting a Toy Story Land, so why not close down Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and replace it with, you guessed it, a GOTG attraction. I've always found Buzz and Toy Story Mania being in two different parks awkward.
This is downright logical. Cut it out.

Haymarket2008

This may be an uninformed question, but would the fact that Universal Orlando is building an Avengers attraction/sprucing up their Marvel presence be a very big obstacle for Disney in implementing Guardians of the Galaxy into Tower of Terror in WDW? Wouldn't Universal have an issue with them impeding on Marvel properties that soon?

Matt_Black

If every thing is clear legal wise, Disney doesn't use the word Marvel to promote the attraction and the Guardians aren't covered by the UNI contract, there's little I imagine they can do except eat sand and like it.

truecoat

If every thing is clear legal wise, Disney doesn't use the word Marvel to promote the attraction and the Guardians aren't covered by the UNI contract, there's little I imagine they can do except eat sand and like it.

Disney is restricted from building any Marvel attraction within 60 miles of Uni regardless of character. There might be a Guardians TOT in Anaheim but not in Orlando.

JustInTime

Disney is restricted from building any Marvel attraction within 60 miles of Uni regardless of character. There might be a Guardians TOT in Anaheim but not in Orlando.
The whole point of this thread is that it's looking like that may not be the case somehow for GOTG...see the first few post for better info than I can give. :)

NormC

Good Lord, help save us from all this arm chair lawyer rambling and dead horse beating. It is really simple. Universal does not OWN any Marvel IP. They pay for an exclusive use license on a finite set of characters in a specific geography. Anything outside of that scope involves legal discussions between the two parties. Unless you are one of those two parties everything is hearsay and rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom