Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Mike S

Too small. This is basically going to be an indoor ODV cart.
Not literally in the space they're doing but just the general idea of Club 33 for Tower of Terror. This is how it could be done: A new building with a "side entrance" to the Tower is constructed somewhere and members walk in, prove their membership, and take an "elevator" to the Tip Top Club (think Gringotts). This would be great as a sit down restaurant for guests too. A live Jazz Band would be a must.

Quinnmac000

Would something like Club 33 work here?

As cool as Club 33 is (mainly because it is exclusive) lets keep it away from Disney world. The food isn't even that great, the portions are small, and people will act a dang fool just to get in and it's really not worth the 110 bucks a head.

So, Captain America: Civil War was just shown at Cinema con and some buddies of mine saw it and it looks like despite the early praise, it seems like it wasn't as good as they hoped and way too long a film. Said to be more like Avengers (but better than ultron) than Winter Soldier which was why they went in with super high hopes hoping it was like the latter. However regardless it was a good film they said. Also, Finding Dory first 27 minutes puts it on par with Toy Story 3.

jt04

I mentioned earlier that Marvel would work on Hollywood Blvd at DHS. I meant to say Sunset Blvd. Carry on.

Oh, in the distant future unless gotg is used.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just see it as one of a few choices they have. Future World and Tomorrowland also work. My choice would be Tomorrowland reimagined.

The have plenty of choices. Disney doesn't have a large pool of Marvel characters to work with in WDW so they really don't need a giant land just for Marvel. Since it appears that Star Wars is going into the LMA area, they still have the Muppets area, the area around Echo Lake and out into the parking lot to work with. They also have the animation courtyard are which could expand into backstage if they moved more backstage stuff across World Drive.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've broken into the vault where the Marvel themed park area agreement was stored. I had to wear my home made space walking outfit since all air has been removed from the vault (pressure was 4.3e-9 torr, the whole thing is made of conflat flanges, there is a copper gasket missing though or the pressure would be even lower...terrible for the flanges knife edge. How I broke in whilst maintaining the vault's vacuum and avoiding all the He Ne lasers is another story) in order to prevent the document from aging and to cause any would be ne'er do well to meet his maker. Anyway, I meticulously changed all the M's to C's in the word "Marvel" and now Disney cannot hawk delicious ice cream products west of the Mississippi.

RSoxNo1

The have plenty of choices. Disney doesn't have a large pool of Marvel characters to work with in WDW so they really don't need a giant land just for Marvel. Since it appears that Star Wars is going into the LMA area, they still have the Muppets area, the area around Echo Lake and out into the parking lot to work with. They also have the animation courtyard are which could expand into backstage if they moved more backstage stuff across World Drive.
It's why isolating the guardians in the rock n roller coaster area isn't a bad option.

Cesar R M

I've broken into the vault where the Marvel themed park area agreement was stored. I had to wear my home made space walking outfit since all air has been removed from the vault (pressure was 4.3e-9 torr, the whole thing is made of conflat flanges, there is a copper gasket missing though or the pressure would be even lower...terrible for the flanges knife edge. How I broke in whilst maintaining the vault's vacuum and avoiding all the He Ne lasers is another story) in order to prevent the document from aging and to cause any would be ne'er do well to meet his maker. Anyway, I meticulously changed all the M's to C's in the word "Marvel" and now Disney cannot hawk delicious ice cream products west of the Mississippi.
So.. you pulled an ethan hawke and made us unable to get ice cream ? you monster!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Love the high vacuum jokes...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I had to break in a second time. I realized that all the references to the Avengers might ruin things, so I added the following as inconspicuously as I could around "Avengers" at every mention..."by" Avengers "we mean the old BBC show that has nothing to do with Agent Carter". Now all we have to do is get the contract in the hands of a Disney fancy talking law person. I think the guy who has been arguing that "west of the Mississippi" could mean anything since the earth is pretty round and if you travel west all the way around, you'll wind up back where you started so "west of the Mississippi" could mean the whole earth or have no distance assigned to it at all. Really, I'm surprised I had to resort to my shenanigans when such a convincing argument has been made.

Cesar R M

I had to break in a second time. I realized that all the references to the Avengers might ruin things, so I added the following as inconspicuously as I could around "Avengers" at every mention..."by" Avengers "we mean the old BBC show that has nothing to do with Agent Carter". Now all we have to do is get the contract in the hands of a Disney fancy talking law person. I think the guy who has been arguing that "west of the Mississippi" could mean anything since the earth is pretty round and if you travel west all the way around, you'll wind up back where you started so "west of the Mississippi" could mean the whole earth or have no distance assigned to it at all. Really, I'm surprised I had to resort to my shenanigans when such a convincing argument has been made.
old avengers, as in the chap with the umbrella and clever techniques very on par of 'Kingsmen" ?

VJ

This made my day.

aaronml

As cool as Club 33 is (mainly because it is exclusive) lets keep it away from Disney world. The food isn't even that great, the portions are small, and people will act a dang fool just to get in and it's really not worth the 110 bucks a head.

So, Captain America: Civil War was just shown at Cinema con and some buddies of mine saw it and it looks like despite the early praise, it seems like it wasn't as good as they hoped and way too long a film. Said to be more like Avengers (but better than ultron) than Winter Soldier which was why they went in with super high hopes hoping it was like the latter. However regardless it was a good film they said. Also, Finding Dory first 27 minutes puts it on par with Toy Story 3.

Unfortunately, Club 33 is likely coming to WDW at some point, and probably in the not too distant future. From what I heard, TDO recently (in the past couple of months) held an event for current Golden Oak residents where they asked for opinions on opening a Club 33 at WDW. Apparently a bunch of people were in favor of it, so I would take that to mean that TDO is either definitely moving forward with a WDW Club 33, or is at least strongly considering it, especially when they bought the club33disneyworld.com domain a couple of years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom