Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Phil12

That's... a little different for way too many reasons to go into here.
It's not complex. Sometimes great movies perform poorly at the box office while other not so great movies do well. Citizen Kane, The Iron Giant, It's a Wonderful Life, The Wizard of Oz, The Shawshank Redemption and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory all fit within this category. The studio can put forth all the faith in the world behind the creators of such films, yet it does no good. Some films just take time to garner their audience.

I think the real question is, will Frozen and GotG join the pantheon of Disney movies such as The Lion King? And does creation of an attraction in one or more of the theme parks help a movie such as Frozen or GotG move into the Disney pantheon?

Mike S

New report from the forbidden site is saying they're gonna put a bar at the exit of the attraction by the on-ride photo desk.
http://*****.com/blog/2016/04/break...t-hollywood-studios-to-add-themed-bar-inside/
2959605-guardians_of_the_galaxy_concept.jpg

Cesar R M

Regardless of the quality of YJ's toyline, that does not excuse CN's quite frankly appallingly unprofessional behavior like scheduling long breaks between new episodes right after a long break between new episodes without telling anyone beforehand, including the showrunners of the programs being affected. The producer of Green Lantern in particular was very vocal about his displeasure.
Ironically.. this is happening with TMNT as well at Nickelodeon.
Long absences.. missed deadlines or plans... delayed episodes.. and constant breaks.

Cesar R M

There was never a Green Lantern TAS toyline or merchandising,
I remember there was some models that were supposed to come out (aka preproduction models).
Thats where I told you that a lot of fans wanted the tomar-re.
I even remember some of them preordering.
I still had no idea that they canceled or axed everything all because of the dumb movie.

jensenrick

Also, I'm of a similar mindset: I don't hate Universal having Marvel Land-I just think that Disney could/would do better than Uni did-something more inspiring

If Disney could/would do better- why don't they? Nothing is stopping them from doing whatever Marvel they want, at any other Disney park other than WDW, so . . . ?

I know it's not realistic to think that Disney will suddenly find the loophole that allows them the use of the Marvel A-list, but it's still something I'd love to see happen

Except that if Disney, goodness forbid, wrenches away the Marvel theme park rights in Orlando- all that would happen is,
1) we lose MSHI (no big deal for Disney only folk, but I LOVe it) and
2) we get nothing from Disney in return. Except maybe they turn Tower of Terror into the Baxter Bldg instead of GotG.

Mike S

If Disney could/would do better- why don't they? Nothing is stopping them from doing whatever Marvel they want, at any other Disney park other than WDW, so . . . ?

Except that if Disney, goodness forbid, wrenches away the Marvel theme park rights in Orlando- all that would happen is,
1) we lose MSHI (no big deal for Disney only folk, but I LOVe it) and
2) we get nothing from Disney in return. Except maybe they turn Tower of Terror into the Baxter Bldg instead of GotG.
All Disney has done on their own so far is Iron Tours. Let Universal keep the rights in Florida.

michmousefan

Well goodness knows, we need another place to buy drinks at DHS. I miss the Catwalk bar.
I actually got rather tipsy there one day (such an excellent people watching spot, and the bartender was quick with the refills) and did vid karaoke on Hollywood Blvd, back when they did that kind of thing. Anyone who saw that tape is sworn to secrecy. ;)
Looks like yet another location to upsell custom-designed mugs & glasses. Soon enough (if it hasn't already), customized drinkware is going to become the new Vinylmation. This looks to have Chappie's fingerprints on it as well. Heck, if it means no alteration to the theme of the ride, I'll buy two.

Mike S

Looks like yet another location to upsell custom-designed mugs & glasses. Soon enough (if it hasn't already), customized drinkware is going to become the new Vinylmation. This looks to have Chappie's fingerprints on it as well. Heck, if it means no alteration to the theme of the ride, I'll buy two.
Would something like Club 33 work here?

michmousefan

Too small. This is basically going to be an indoor ODV cart.
For this to really be worthwhile they should find a way to make it part indoor and part outdoor, utilizing some of the outdoor space near the attraction's exit. A themed cart and a few chairs is only going to make the area depressing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom