Martin proudly presents his first trip report notes!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I proudly present my first set of trip photos http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=3772

-as I mentioned earlier, these are just 72 general pics from the trip. I have lots of show photos I`ll sort through when I have more time and post specifically (RoE, Boo to You, Wishes etc.) and should credit Michelle since she took most show pics since I was videotaping.

Also, some are parts of larger sets I probably won`t post since they are similar and more of a niche subject, like MSUSA facades, Hollywood Blvd. Facades at night etc. but do ask if you see something of interest and feel there may be more of the same. I`ve also shrunk these images for filesize; the originals are 3 or 7 mp images. If you`d like fullsize of any just PM me. And of course, if you see yourself please do post your name!

CThaddeus

What happens (or doesn't happen) with the Yeti in B mode?

Thanks for sharing with us Martin!

Strobe lights. The Yeti doesn't move, and due to his dark coloring blends into the background, so you really wouldn't know it was there unless you'd been on it in A mode.

RSoxNo1

You mentioned that Toy Story Mania was testing. I was under the impression that it was behind schedule, what exactly are they testing? Are all the show elements in place already? I know the construction out front isn't done yet.

Brian_WDW74

And then.. Everest. Mixed feelings. It looks stunning both at day and night. Some of the best rock work WDI have done. Very smooth, great quiet, high speed lifts. But... it`s just a coaster. A great one, but just a coaster. Personally I enjoyed BTM better. Also, it may have been the heat and humidity, but I`m embarrassed to say both Michelle and I had motion sickness from the backwards portion. Anyone else have this? We did Sheikra twice, Kumba, M:S Green and Orange, ToT, Hulk, Dragons, and felt worse after Everest. Another plus point was the load steam was working, however the Yeti was in B mode each time we rode, and the interior backwards portion - body effects aside - was lacking. Nothing to see except the obvious daylight behind the building structure from below. And park ops had their worst nightmare with last weeks evening EHM; the attraction went 101 for a good 90 minutes from sunset until around half an hour before the end of the night. Personally I felt sorry for the peeps stuck on the main lift for a good half hour before they could be cucled through (no evac - though I was ready to grab pics of it)

Wow. This happened on an EMH night, too? The same exact thing happened during the Jungle Book AP event on the 29th. Fortunately I wasn't one of the people stuck on the ride. I was over on Dinosaur, riding it six times in a row without getting off. It was almost completely deserted, and at the end of each ride the CM would say "It's still raining outside. Do you want to ride again?" I finally begged off on the seventh ride. :)

RHeath2

For the few days I was there, I noticed the Yeti was also on B mode (Sept. 30). Kind of surprised, but figured it was bound to have some downtime every once in a while.

Thanks for the great trip report Martin. I will also tell you that I have the autograph you gave me on Epcot's 25th displayed proudly on the shelf above my computer in my room. It's probably one of the most important things I got this trip (save for the limited edition Epcot 25 t-shirt and pins :p ). Thank you so much for your kindness and time on that warm October morning. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
RHeath2, I`m blushing again. You`re welcome, but I`m just someone off the `net who does editing for a hobby and who has a passion for park history. Still, thank you :eek:

Jerm, nothing new. I have however documented all the Soarin' lines to do a project comparing it to the original theatre area.

RSoxNo1, so far as I know the ride isn`t still fully operational; WDI still have ownership. I believe some CMs have had some experience with the ride system, but nothing like a full ridethru with 3D glasses on or anything.

Magicot, I understand as of a few weeks ago the 1960s mainframe office was under construction, and also a prop car was in place for the invention of the computer scene, with the show scene a shell. I also believe work has been done in 180top regarding possibly suspending objects from above once again, to also go with a new starfield projector.

I should also add it was a real pleasure being able to be part of that day. I`ll never forget October 1st 2007 - and with a memory like mine that`s saying something. I only with it had been longer and we all could had a proper talk. 18 hours just wasn`t long enough. Oh for a groundhog day!

I also want to send thanks to Adam, Jenn and Jason again, all the CMs and Jim McPhee who made the day so successful, Stacey for pulling a blinder as we say in the UK with the Odyssey and a few other things, The Bish Family, Jeff, Matt and Cheri, Chris L and Chris M, Jeremy and Ruwin and Gerrie; you all know why!!

And of course to everyone I managed to meet, it was a real pleasure. Finally putting faces to names, real names to screen names (though I can`t remember all the names!) I really just wish we had had more time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I should also add I`m not being rude when I say I can`t remember many names, nor when I say add your name to my photoalbum pics; it isn`t something I talk about a lot but due to a rather bad car accident in `92 I suffer selective memory loss. Park facts and figures - no problem. The name of someone I met 2 minutes ago - forget it. I`m the person who can`t find his sunglasses when he is wearing them, or puts a book down and forgets where it is 30 seconds later.

PeeplMoovr

I also want to send thanks to Adam, Jenn and Jason again, all the CMs and Jim McPhee who made the day so successful, Stacey for pulling a blinder as we say in the UK with the Odyssey and a few other things, The Bish Family, Jeff, Matt and Cheri, Chris L and Chris M, Jeremy and Ruwin and Gerrie; you all know why!!

You are most welcome. It was our pleasure. :)

Hey Martin - Where was this picture taken? My memory is nearly as bad as yours.

IMG_1807.JPG

jasondiff

Hey Martin,
Glad to have you back safe and sound! I can't wait to see more pictures.
I posted one of us in WoL lounge over in the photo thread, I'll email it to you tonight in hi-res.
It was awesome meeting you in person and I hope we can meet up again in WDW in the future! And if you are ever coming to the Philadelphia area, please do let me know!

I rode EE on 10/4 in the morning and the Yeti was in A-mode. But he seems to go down a lot. I get terrible headaches on EE but I've found that riding in the first car helps a lot. Were any of your rides in the first car? A side benefit is the great view of WDW you get at the top of the hill just before the backwards segment.

wannabeBelle

I should also add I`m not being rude when I say I can`t remember many names, nor when I say add your name to my photoalbum pics; it isn`t something I talk about a lot but due to a rather bad car accident in `92 I suffer selective memory loss. Park facts and figures - no problem. The name of someone I met 2 minutes ago - forget it. I`m the person who can`t find his sunglasses when he is wearing them, or puts a book down and forgets where it is 30 seconds later.

No worries!!! I've done that before and without any excuse other than being dizzy!!!!! As long as we remember who you are, it is fine!!!!! Belle

jeffb

Martin,

It was greating meeting you on the 1st and I am glad to hear you and the Mrs. arrived back home safely. Great trip notes and photos as well! We will all have to find an excuse to get together sometime in the future (EPCOT's 30th? :D).

I thought you might enjoy this picture
1487371370_c12ee5ba42_b.jpg

An ever larger copy is here http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1487371370&size=o . I think I have one or two more of you from after Reflections of Earth on the 1st which I will dig up and post. I am eagerly looking forward to your next set of videos (particularly the one on Lake Buena Vista Village / Marketplace that you mentioned to Matt and I).

Cheers!

CThaddeus

Martin,

It was greating meeting you on the 1st and I am glad to hear you and the Mrs. arrived back home safely. Great trip notes and photos as well! We will all have to find an excuse to get together sometime in the future (EPCOT's 30th? :D).

I thought you might enjoy this picture
1487371370_c12ee5ba42_b.jpg

An ever larger copy is here http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1487371370&size=o . I think I have one or two more of you from after Reflections of Earth on the 1st which I will dig up and post. I am eagerly looking forward to your next set of videos (particularly the one on Lake Buena Vista Village / Marketplace that you mentioned to Matt and I).

Cheers!

Looks like you got my back...thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom