Martin proudly presents his first trip report notes!

GymLeaderPhil

*25th Anniversary EPCOT signs have been removed from the SSE construction walls...I don't really understand why. They could have easily stayed, as could the recognition of the anniversary on Times Guides, and the lasers on SSE after Illuminations...
I'm sure someone in marketing had a tizzy.

The Mak

And one with Jim.
1487708978_0d346a9798.jpg

lol Martin has so much AV equipment on his numerous yellow straps make him look like a crime scene! (edit: Er, they may be streamers from the redication ceremony after further analysis, my bad)

Awesome seeing Jim and Martin meet in person. The supreme super-fan and an exec in the same frame. Welcome back Martin.

PhilharMagician

And then.. Everest. Mixed feelings. It looks stunning both at day and night. Some of the best rock work WDI have done. Very smooth, great quiet, high speed lifts. But... it`s just a coaster. A great one, but just a coaster. Personally I enjoyed BTM better. Also, it may have been the heat and humidity, but I`m embarrassed to say both Michelle and I had motion sickness from the backwards portion. Anyone else have this? We did Sheikra twice, Kumba, M:S Green and Orange, ToT, Hulk, Dragons, and felt worse after Everest. Another plus point was the load steam was working, however the Yeti was in B mode each time we rode, and the interior backwards portion - body effects aside - was lacking. Nothing to see except the obvious daylight behind the building structure from below. And park ops had their worst nightmare with last weeks evening EHM; the attraction went 101 for a good 90 minutes from sunset until around half an hour before the end of the night. Personally I felt sorry for the peeps stuck on the main lift for a good half hour before they could be cucled through (no evac - though I was ready to grab pics of it)

I am the same way. I love the ride, but that backwards section gets me all the time and I love coasters. The last time I was on it I thought I was going to to run for the restrooms.:hurl:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
The hopping Brer Rabbit in Splash was out of order throughout our trip. All the laughing place water jets worked constantly however.

Yep, hopping rabbit was working yesterday for us too. Sorry you missed it.

Impressions de France does need certain shots replacing; even Michelle said it looked like 1981! Projectors were noisy too, though I never realised it was rear projected.

I always thought that the projector noise was there on purpose. Reminds one of the romance of film and gives me an old world feeling. Maybe it's just me.

Also, it may have been the heat and humidity, but I`m embarrassed to say both Michelle and I had motion sickness from the backwards portion. Anyone else have this? We did Sheikra twice, Kumba, M:S Green and Orange, ToT, Hulk, Dragons, and felt worse after Everest.

I have this too. I think it's a combo of going backwards (not a normal sensation by any means) and having nothing to look at gets me sick every time.

Darn, you went to Busch Gardens too?? If I would have know, we could have set up a Tampa meet that day. There's a lot of Tampons here. :hammer: Errr, Tampanites may be a better description.

littlemom_3

Hey Martin,

Glad to know that you got home. I was glad to be able to sit with y'all at the Celebration 25 dessert party. Thanks for the wonderful update.

Magicot

Martin, could you please elaborate on the progress of SSE?? I'm very interested from what you said. Thanks! By the way, I didn't get to meet you, but I was there for the 25th. What energy in the crowd during the rededication ceremony. You could just feel the love!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*25th Anniversary EPCOT signs have been removed from the SSE construction walls...I don't really understand why. They could have easily stayed, as could the recognition of the anniversary on Times Guides, and the lasers on SSE after Illuminations...

It is weird, but I saw the signs up, came here, postred they were still up on SSE and on the autoplaza, and like 2-days later they've taken them down - hastily. Like, the wall not repainted where they wore on it and new signs not put up yet. I'd like to think we're getting a themed wall to garner our excitement... but.. still, odd timing.

MagliteL13

Glad to hear you made it home safely (and that you and Michelle had tons of fun).

I'm kinda surprised to hear what you thought about EE, but I can totally understand your comment about it being just a roller coaster. I'll also fess up that it messes with my head and balance. Still a fun ride though.

I had a blast, BTW-- thanks to both of you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
MagliteL13; the pleasure was all ours. I have a few pics you may like; I`ll email them when they are sorted.

Speaking of pics, I`ve now uploaded all 2981 photos to the PC. I`ll post some general and artsy ones first, then specific shows and parades later. I`ll aim to get some up this evening.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MagliteL13; the pleasure was all ours. I have a few pics you may like; I`ll email them when they are sorted.

Speaking of pics, I`ve now uploaded all 2981 photos to the PC. I`ll post some general and artsy ones first, then specific shows and parades later. I`ll aim to get some up this evening.
Only 2981? That is like a slow weekend's worth?:rolleyes::lol:

It was very nice to finally meet you face to face. I hope you are not going to wait another 6 years before you make it back to WDW.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Only 2981? That is like a slow weekend's worth?:rolleyes::lol:

It was very nice to finally meet you face to face. I hope you are not going to wait another 6 years before you make it back to WDW.
nothing to compare to my..... 91 pictures taken :D

glad you had a good vacation like i did. it was nice to meet everyone and finally get to spend 2 days with master yoda and company

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom