March 2011 Roll Call

foreverbelle

well, we were planning on going all along but we were considering value versus staying off site. Then, last minute her parents decided they wanted to come along (if we didnt mind)... and they are used to a certain standard of lodging... so we lucked out. I will be taking an extensive amount of photographs so I will have a nice blog here about the trip.

Thats great. We are staying at PO Riverside this go around, we are DVC owners, but are paying cash for a mod this time. Hubby is actually really excited about this. I saw you asked if staying at a deluxe spoils it, I suppose I will just have to let you know when I return. ]]

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I saw you asked if staying at a deluxe spoils it, I suppose I will just have to let you know when I return. ]]

Several years ago, we booked into the BCV during Food & Wine Fest--this was during the first year BCV was open, and shortly after opening they had to "renovate" all the rooms to replace the mattresses. I have no idea what was wrong with them.

Anyway, this poor soul from DVC Member Services called me to say, we've upgraded you to a 1BR at Wilderness Lodge Villas for your weeklong stay!!! Me: Gee, we're taking this trip to enjoy the F&W Fest, which means we want to be near Epcot, therefore WL doesn't really do it for us. Poor soul gets off the phone, two phone calls later, offers me a deluxe room at the Yacht Club Resort. I check with DH, say ok. We check in to Yacht Club, yay, great, until first morning--where's the coffee maker?

Anyway, my point it is, DVC spoiled my DH for a DELUXE resort!! He totally did not enjoy Yacht Club accomodations because he was used to the coffee maker and toaster/microwave that comes standard with DVC studio! I had no problem with the YC room, it was another resort "crossed off" the list!

Since then, I have stayed at the BCV, and they are gorgeous. Can't beat the travel time to Epcot, if that is your goal, and the rooms are very pretty.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Several years ago, we booked into the BCV during Food & Wine Fest--this was during the first year BCV was open, and shortly after opening they had to "renovate" all the rooms to replace the mattresses. I have no idea what was wrong with them.

Anyway, this poor soul from DVC Member Services called me to say, we've upgraded you to a 1BR at Wilderness Lodge Villas for your weeklong stay!!! Me: Gee, we're taking this trip to enjoy the F&W Fest, which means we want to be near Epcot, therefore WL doesn't really do it for us. Poor soul gets off the phone, two phone calls later, offers me a deluxe room at the Yacht Club Resort. I check with DH, say ok. We check in to Yacht Club, yay, great, until first morning--where's the coffee maker?

Anyway, my point it is, DVC spoiled my DH for a DELUXE resort!! He totally did not enjoy Yacht Club accomodations because he was used to the coffee maker and toaster/microwave that comes standard with DVC studio! I had no problem with the YC room, it was another resort "crossed off" the list!

Since then, I have stayed at the BCV, and they are gorgeous. Can't beat the travel time to Epcot, if that is your goal, and the rooms are very pretty.

Wow that is incredible. What an upgrade! I am prepared for it to be different in a lot of ways and am ok with it. Since its just my husband and I this go around, we wanted to be more focused on the things we can't do together now that we have an almost 2 year old. We are looking forward to trying something new. Come July we are back to our DVC resorts but will enjoy this one as much as we can.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Spring Break will be starting for many in March, hence the crazy crowd levels. I know our Spring Break up here in Canada is the week of March 15-19 for many of us, so expect the parks to be packed with MANY Canadian Spring Breakers that week. This will be our 4th trip down during our Spring Break and I know what to expect luckily. Although the parks are busy, we utilize fast pass and EMH and just try and relax and enjoy our vacation.

We will be staying at Pop again in March from March 12 until the 22nd. Can't get here quick enough!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

We're going from March 3rd-11th (yay!) and staying at our home resort, the AKL Villas.

Across Canada, there are many different weeks for Spring Break, ranging from the end of February to mid March. We too are in Canada, but our Spring Break is always the first full school week of March, so we're going then.

The crowds are usually quite low during our week, but good to hear that you aren't letting the crowd levels discourage you during your visit. Most of our trips are during very crowded times (ie: every Christmas and other peak crowd days) and we ALWAYS get lots done by doing morning emh and, on all days, by arriving at parks 15-20 min. before opening. We always have FP in our pockets, have a touring plan (that we created), and have never waited more than 20 min. for anything. I've read different ideas for riding (during parade times, after little ones leave at night, etc.), and while those tips are good, nothing we've found beats early arrival and getting FPs early and as often as possible.

Enjoy your trip. :)

Upvote 0

mr_braver23

Just booked a Savannah View Studio at AKL (Kidani) for March 7-12!

Hope to get in some spring training baseball while we're there--the Yankees are playing the Braves on the 8th--now I just have to wait for those tickets to go on sale on Jan 8.

Buying my tickets Saturday for our trip... March 13 Braves vs Astros and March 17 Braves vs Nationals... go every year!! Can't beat Disney and the Braves!!!!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We're going from March 3rd-11th (yay!) and staying at our home resort, the AKL Villas.

Across Canada, there are many different weeks for Spring Break, ranging from the end of February to mid March. We too are in Canada, but our Spring Break is always the first full school week of March, so we're going then.

The crowds are usually quite low during our week, but good to hear that you aren't letting the crowd levels discourage you during your visit. Most of our trips are during very crowded times (ie: every Christmas and other peak crowd days) and we ALWAYS get lots done by doing morning emh and, on all days, by arriving at parks 15-20 min. before opening. We always have FP in our pockets, have a touring plan (that we created), and have never waited more than 20 min. for anything. I've read different ideas for riding (during parade times, after little ones leave at night, etc.), and while those tips are good, nothing we've found beats early arrival and getting FPs early and as often as possible.

Enjoy your trip. :)

I thought there were different dates for Spring Break up here. I used to think we all shared the same dates until I looked it up online and it said that it is usually based by province, with some provinces sharing the same week. We have only been during our March Break and each time it has been CRAZY busy, but we make due and enjoy ourselves immensely.

It's funny...we don't really plan our days out or anything while down there, and in most cases, we don't even really get to the parks that early. But like yourself, we like to combat the crowds by fastpassing early and often. We also try to stay clear of the park that is having morning EMH sometimes and find that by going to one of the other parks that day, the crowds seem a bit lighter. I know this probably doesn't always hold true, but it seemed to alot in our case. :shrug:

Can't wait to get out of this cold and down in that Florida sun come March!!! I hope you enjoy your Spring Break trip also! Safe travels and have a magical time!! :wave:

Upvote 0

momto2boy

March 25 - 31

Cannot wait, my youngest son will be turning 3 during our trip!!!!! Staying at POP, our fav family resort! We have only visited during "low" times, so I'm hoping it's not too crowded, but hopeful since spring breaks are all over the place.

Upvote 0

Coach81

Here come the Cajuns!!!

Look out Mickey.. a great portion of the state of Louisiana is headed your way!!!!

A great number of us here in Louisiana are headed out (we personally do NOT LIKE what mardi gras does to people in this state) and we will be checking in from the 4th to the 12th..

We'll be there from the 5th to the 11th...

Staying in the brand new Bay Lake Towers with our DVC!!!

We can't wait!!!

Upvote 0

Coach81

For my family, we don't really care how crowded it is. We believe it won't be bad at all. We will be there March 4th to the 10th at Bay Lake Towers at the Contempory and March 10th to 13th on the New Disney Dream cruise ship. May have people such as us at WDW because its Mardi Gras in Louisiana and South Mississippi. Mardi Gras is a holiday observed by us and most people just think its a all out drink fest with parades and half dressed people (only in Downtown New Orleans). Most of the carnival season is nice parades and family oriented. Mardi Gras gives us the oppourtunity to go to WDW with out taking the kids out of school.:sohappy:

92 days to go!!!

Hey.. we gonna have to arrange a WDW MAGIC meet and greet..

We'll be at BLT as well during this time!!! We are from Louisiana as well!!!

Upvote 0

Penny Lane

My dad, my sister and I are going from March 12 to March 19 and staying at Poly. My fiancee is also coming along for his first trip! So excited to show him around. We've never been during Spring Break as we usually go in June or July so I'm interested to see if the crowds are worse or better....

Upvote 0

stefan74

Look out Mickey.. a great portion of the state of Louisiana is headed your way!!!!

A great number of us here in Louisiana are headed out (we personally do NOT LIKE what mardi gras does to people in this state) and we will be checking in from the 4th to the 12th..

We'll be there from the 5th to the 11th...

Staying in the brand new Bay Lake Towers with our DVC!!!

We can't wait!!!

Hey.. we gonna have to arrange a WDW MAGIC meet and greet..

We'll be at BLT as well during this time!!! We are from Louisiana as well!!!

I'll be there with my mom March 3-11 and we are from Louisiana!! Can't wait to see the sea of Black & Gold and Purple & Gold!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom