Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh queue area now open and construction wall free

hazelrah

I posted some pics and an early review over at parkeology over the weekend, and I was surprised by those tigger springs as well! They were sinking down a good 8 inches or so even with small kids on them. How long till the lawyers shut that one down?

I still can't figure out how these areas will all work in concert with people moving through the line. Seems like Pooh is such a fast-loader that it will be difficult for kids to get much playtime in. But all in all, this is one of the most delightful experiences to hit Magic Kingdom in quite some time.

RunnerEd

As of tonight (22 November), they are still blocked off by potted trees along with another interactive section. I heard a cast member telling another guest that they were still working on the "bouncy-ness" of the pads so they weren't shooting 3 year olds up onto the roof. I suppose the springs are adjustable or something. With that said, the queue looks amazing and my 4 year old daughter loved playing in/on/around the interactive elements and never complained about standing in line and it was a 40 minute wait!!! They did an amazing job....can't wait for the rest of FLE if it is as high quality as this.

Disneyson 1

Pooh is NOT a quick loader; it may be the worst line in Fantasyland next to Peter Pan and it will only get worse with the movie coming out, which is predicted to be a hit.

I hope the bounce is still GOOD on the Tigger Springs, though!

Rob562

And whose idea was it to include those horns? Just encourages more obnoxious guest behavior. How magical! Do Imagineers even visit the parks and wait in lines anymore? Do they have any idea how poorly behaved guests can be?

It's just like the damn bells in the EE queue. One person discovers that the bells are real, working bells and all of a sudden you have a dozen people ringing them.

Last time I was in line it didn't help that the father of the family behind us kept finding the largest bells and slamming the clapper against it, giving an ear-piercing clang (made worse by the fact that I have very sensitive hearing)...and then challenging his teen son to try and match him...:fork:

-Rob

Neverland

Pooh is NOT a quick loader; it may be the worst line in Fantasyland next to Peter Pan and it will only get worse with the movie coming out, which is predicted to be a hit.

It's a fast loader (approx. 12 people every 14 seconds), but fastpass is what gums up the line.

And since you brought up the new movie, I think it's worth mentioning that there are a couple references to it in the new queue. Mostly it's that some of the dialogue when you knock on Piglet's door includes references to the 'backson', a fictitious creature Pooh and co. hunt for in the 2011 movie.

paul436

An imagineer let me play around in the queue yesterday after we closed the ride, and the bounce pads are incredibly fun, but also seem like a huge legal issue. I'm an adult and I nearly fell over a couple times while bouncing on them. But they also seem like they would bounce less if a lighter person (ie a child) was bouncing. The imagineer I was with didn't seem to realize the possible injury risk; mostly she was just telling me how she thought the Bouncy Place was the queue's best feature, and the one that WDI is most proud of.
I'm guessing it's a good thing I'm going soon to experience the Tigger pads before someone falls, hurts themselves, sues WDW and the pads are removed.:hammer:

Rob562

this is indeed really nice!
is the tree the one from the "Pooh's playful spot" ?

Yes. It was relocated a couple months ago. (If you search back through the Disney parks blog, they even had a video of its nighttime move from one side of the walkway to the other)

-Rob

rct247

I went through the queue today with a 40 minute ride wait time. The queue is fantastic. The little kids were having a blast and even some of the interactive things kept me entertained.

If it hasn't already been explained in proper order, then I will do so now.

First you enter the queue, kids can enter through Pooh's house and come out the other side. Then there is the page out of the book showing the "map" of the queue. Next you come to the Tigger bounce area which was closed off today. Next is a page that features Piglet's door which you can knock on. Across from that is Eeyore's little house. The next interactive station was closed off but it featured little pumpkins and watering cans. After that is a giant interactive playground with vegetable horns, vegetable drums, spinning sunflower bells, pop-up gophers, and stuff. There is was also a closed off rope pull thing and also an interesting ping pong ball popper-upper (if that makes any sense.) The line continues in typical style for a bit around some wooden crates. Around the corner from that is the interactive honey screens. Fastpass merges then at that point and it is a straight shot up the queue to the loading platform.

Let me be clear that I think the entire thing is awesome! I did find it to be too noisy though. Lots of noise and those horns, drums, and ping pong balls will give parents a wonderful headache once they are through the line. It also made it hard to hear the safety spiel and cast member instructions in line.

I'm also worried about the wear and tear on these additions. Kids are brutal! Just imagine the toddler day care scene from Toy Story 3. Kids were banging on the interactive honey screens, tugging on the vegetable horns, and pushing hard on the mesh wire screens holding the ping pong balls in their cage. Sure there are cast members supervising the area, but I can see it could be a problem. Those pop up gophers can easily be reached by older kids. Just in line today, kids were trying to play wack-a-mole with them. Plus, what happens when someone put trash into those holes. There isn't much of a fence to prevent kids from crawling up over the holes either and some are pretty close to the queue. With the certain elements not open yet, I can understand why. The rope pull has a sign that says "Pull gently", but we all know that won't happen. I was also surprised with the tigger bounce pads. That just seems an accident waiting to happen.

I absolutely love the additions, but it will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time, especially through this first major holiday season with all its crowds.

Figment1986

Two nights ago I also noticed (and asked some kids) to get off the goffer area thats closest to the queue... They are going to have a problem unless there is a CM stationed right there monitoring everything (unless they add a railing of sorts like suggested above the brick wall) It is nice. I like the hidden pooh behind the honey in the virtural walls.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I went through the queue today with a 40 minute ride wait time. The queue is fantastic. The little kids were having a blast and even some of the interactive things kept me entertained.

If it hasn't already been explained in proper order, then I will do so now.

First you enter the queue, kids can enter through Pooh's house and come out the other side. Then there is the page out of the book showing the "map" of the queue. Next you come to the Tigger bounce area which was closed off today. Next is a page that features Piglet's door which you can knock on. Across from that is Eeyore's little house. The next interactive station was closed off but it featured little pumpkins and watering cans. After that is a giant interactive playground with vegetable horns, vegetable drums, spinning sunflower bells, pop-up gophers, and stuff. There is was also a closed off rope pull thing and also an interesting ping pong ball popper-upper (if that makes any sense.) The line continues in typical style for a bit around some wooden crates. Around the corner from that is the interactive honey screens. Fastpass merges then at that point and it is a straight shot up the queue to the loading platform.

Let me be clear that I think the entire thing is awesome! I did find it to be too noisy though. Lots of noise and those horns, drums, and ping pong balls will give parents a wonderful headache once they are through the line. It also made it hard to hear the safety spiel and cast member instructions in line.

I'm also worried about the wear and tear on these additions. Kids are brutal! Just imagine the toddler day care scene from Toy Story 3. Kids were banging on the interactive honey screens, tugging on the vegetable horns, and pushing hard on the mesh wire screens holding the ping pong balls in their cage. Sure there are cast members supervising the area, but I can see it could be a problem. Those pop up gophers can easily be reached by older kids. Just in line today, kids were trying to play wack-a-mole with them. Plus, what happens when someone put trash into those holes. There isn't much of a fence to prevent kids from crawling up over the holes either and some are pretty close to the queue. With the certain elements not open yet, I can understand why. The rope pull has a sign that says "Pull gently", but we all know that won't happen. I was also surprised with the tigger bounce pads. That just seems an accident waiting to happen.

I absolutely love the additions, but it will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time, especially through this first major holiday season with all its crowds.
I am a tad worried about this as well. Hopefully, WDI designed to wear items to be easily replaced and has made plenty of spares. I also hope that park operations allows 3rd shift the budget and time to keep it maintained.

devoy1701

I am a tad worried about this as well. Hopefully, WDI designed to wear items to be easily replaced and has made plenty of spares. I also hope that park operations allows 3rd shift the budget and time to keep it maintained.

I can't say too much. I could break a bowling ball when I was a kid.

very true. But when I was a kid my parent's taught me (and I knew if I didn't listen and behave I was in for it later) to respect other people and things when out in public. My parent's also never ignored me or my brother's when we were out at a theme park either. We didn't bring iPods and DS's/Gameboys into the parks...we had conversations... :shrug:

Just sayin!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom