Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh queue area now open and construction wall free

JimboJones123

Castle Wall behind the new Facade and Queue does not bother me. I see it like the Alice Ride at DL. Alice at DL is nothing but an oversize "Alice in Wonderland" garden area built into a facade that looks like the SB Castle walls.

I like that neat integration at DL as well. Leading right into UK Toad is really good as well.

MouskaGurler

There are two more areas with interactive elements that haven't opened yet. One is Tigger's Bouncy Place, and the other is Rabbit's Garden. I'm a bit vague on some of the details, but I know most of what everything does. Rabbit's Garden has a pile of boxes of vegetables that kids can crawl through, a pile of drums and horns disguised as vegetables, pads on the ground that you can step on to make Gopher pop up, some sort of possible tug-of-war thing, some sort of 'watering the vegetables' type thing, and some other stuff. Tigger's Bouncy Place is an area with numerous pads on the ground that will bounce when stepped on.

The Tigger thing seems cool! It's a good idea the only thing that I would worry about would be if the kids wouldn't want to go on the ride after playing in the "cool garden" or "I don't want to go on the ride I'm having fun bouncing!" I'd hate to see those start temper-tatrums with little kids:brick:you probaly know how that can be.

the-reason14

The Tigger thing seems cool! It's a good idea the only thing that I would worry about would be if the kids wouldn't want to go on the ride after playing in the "cool garden" or "I don't want to go on the ride I'm having fun bouncing!" I'd hate to see those start temper-tatrums with little kids:brick:you probaly know how that can be.

Thats what I'm thinking too. But it seems like a good idea, would kids still be able to access this area if the parents and them weren't in line? I'd think they'd want to do that, but also make it 'exclusive' for those waiting in the standby.

JimboJones123

I felt this way too when I walked on to Space Mountain Wednesday night without being able to play the videogames in the line. What a bummer.

MarkTwain

I'm really, really impressed. I had no idea this was coming at all, so to see this kind of money and effort spent on what initially seemed like a simple queue refurb is amazing. I hope this is foreshadowing for the rest of the FLE.

Should also be interesting to see how the playground/queue integration works out, for the reasons stated above. Could lead to some interesting results in the future if it plays out well.

Testtrack321

Is it just me or do those Tigger pads look extremely dangerous? I can see kids falling on them already.

I imagine that kids won't be producing that much force to bounce that high/much.

Personally I'm most worried about the radish horns, those are going to get VERY annoying VERY fast.

TalkingHead

All of you have probably seen this, but here's a link to a behind the scenes video of the interactive portions posted on the Disney parks blog:

Walt Disney Imagineers share a behind-the-scenes peek at work on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

This video shows how much bounce those Tigger pads have. Now I'm VERY surprised Legal didn't balk at them. People start jumping from pad to pad and someone WILL fall over, break a wrist, etc. Better catch those bounce pads before they become Tigger's garden stepping stones.

And whose idea was it to include those horns? Just encourages more obnoxious guest behavior. How magical! Do Imagineers even visit the parks and wait in lines anymore? Do they have any idea how poorly behaved guests can be?

Neverland

This video shows how much bounce those Tigger pads have. Now I'm VERY surprised Legal didn't balk at them. People start jumping from pad to pad and someone WILL fall over, break a wrist, etc. Better catch those bounce pads before they become Tigger's garden stepping stones.

And whose idea was it to include those horns? Just encourages more obnoxious guest behavior. How magical! Do Imagineers even visit the parks and wait in lines anymore? Do they have any idea how poorly behaved guests can be?

An imagineer let me play around in the queue yesterday after we closed the ride, and the bounce pads are incredibly fun, but also seem like a huge legal issue. I'm an adult and I nearly fell over a couple times while bouncing on them. But they also seem like they would bounce less if a lighter person (ie a child) was bouncing. The imagineer I was with didn't seem to realize the possible injury risk; mostly she was just telling me how she thought the Bouncy Place was the queue's best feature, and the one that WDI is most proud of.

The horns actually aren't that bad... Only one of them works, as of last night. It's the drums that drive you up the wall! And the sunflower bells make noises that sound almost like panes of glass breaking, which is pretty stressful for CMs, who are supposed to be listening for unusual/unsafe sounds coming from the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom