Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh queue area now open and construction wall free

aladdin2007

Very well done!!! However too bad they kept those plywood story page cutouts and reused them, thought for sure those cheap things would be history.

Neverland

So can anyone say what the interactive elements are like? The hunny one is obvious, but what about the garden and stuff?

There are two more areas with interactive elements that haven't opened yet. One is Tigger's Bouncy Place, and the other is Rabbit's Garden. I'm a bit vague on some of the details, but I know most of what everything does. Rabbit's Garden has a pile of boxes of vegetables that kids can crawl through, a pile of drums and horns disguised as vegetables, pads on the ground that you can step on to make Gopher pop up, some sort of possible tug-of-war thing, some sort of 'watering the vegetables' type thing, and some other stuff. Tigger's Bouncy Place is an area with numerous pads on the ground that will bounce when stepped on.

Thumbelina

I had no idea it was gonna be opened today. Thats such a great surprise. Im so excited, it all looks so good. I cant wait to see it in person.

Rob562

Looks so much better than it did before. I agree though that there should be some foliage added to the interior queue portion, and I don't like how the castle walls are still visible above the 100 acre wood.

Still a great improvement, though, and I hope TDO continues to enhance the Magic Kingdom in this way.

I was thinking maybe they have a way to put planters on the roof of the load area that would allow shrubs or small trees to grow up there as if they were taller trees... (Similar to how they "hid" the IASW show building in Disneyland, or the show building for Dinosaur)

Or, what's left of the castle wall will just be lumped into the overall "Castle Wall" plan as part of the Expansion. Obviously the newly-built Castle Wall will be very close to this area, making the Pooh area as if it were just outside the castle. It would stand to reason that in some places "outside" the castle you'd still see the top of the wall poking up above the trees...

-Rob

RandySavage

It wouldn't surprise me if the tree flats (or something else) will still be placed on the roof. It seems like something that could be done overnight and would not require shutting the ride down and thus was not a priority.

Like everyone else, I'm impressed with what I see. Having been turned into something of cynic when it comes to Disney, I assumed the Pooh queue would be one of the first things cut when the plans were revealed a couple years ago. It is heartening to see that someone high-up understands that this kind of quality thematic place-making is what draws people back (subconsciously or consciously) to Disney.

A wise, long-term investment or a "brand deposit", as Iger put it.

jmuboy

I was thinking maybe they have a way to put planters on the roof of the load area that would allow shrubs or small trees to grow up there as if they were taller trees... (Similar to how they "hid" the IASW show building in Disneyland, or the show building for Dinosaur)

Or, what's left of the castle wall will just be lumped into the overall "Castle Wall" plan as part of the Expansion. Obviously the newly-built Castle Wall will be very close to this area, making the Pooh area as if it were just outside the castle. It would stand to reason that in some places "outside" the castle you'd still see the top of the wall poking up above the trees...

-Rob

Castle Wall behind the new Facade and Queue does not bother me. I see it like the Alice Ride at DL. Alice at DL is nothing but an oversize "Alice in Wonderland" garden area built into a facade that looks like the SB Castle walls.

jmuboy

One more comment......if the HM queue turns out to be at this level of quality then I am going to be SUPER happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom