Man falls out of balcony at CR - New post

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensid2005

Original Poster
I don't know what else to say. I am being attacked faster than i can respond. I am a long time member on the other board. I think I explained over there.. that i created another identity to isolate myself from this post. I was afraid to have my private info available to everyone conserning how poorly this is going.

*MichelleP*

I would not say you're being attacked...questioned yes, attacked no. My issue is that while I understand this is a very traumatic incident I do not feel that bombarding message boards seeking speculation and wondering why it did not make the news is not very respectful to family members and those close to the man who lost his life, or the most effective way to cope.

lawyergirl77

I wouldn't take a lot of what people are saying to heard, yensid... When a thread deals with a hot topic, people often jump all over each other in an attempt to find "the truth" and in the process, often forget that there are real people who are typing these words in the first place.

Bottom line is that the information we have here seems to have ruled that it's a suicide, and that's all that we have to go on right now. If anyone else gets any info about this tragic situation, you can bet that it will be posted here right away.

My suggestion is to take a "wait and see" approach to the testifying situation. Believe me that, if the police do have your name and contact info, they will be contacting you ASAP if they want you to give them any additional information. Until then, you're left in limbo because I guarantee that they won't tell you anythiing if you try to call them for more info.

No matter what anyone may think that the "truth" actually is, it sucks that this situation (no matter what it may be in the end) cast a pall on the end of your vacation. Even if it is a suicide, it's a pretty tragic thing to witness (I know) and it sucks that you had to be so very close to the whole situation.

SpongeScott

yensid2005 said:
I don't know what else to say. I am being attacked faster than i can respond. I am a long time member on the other board. I think I explained over there.. that i created another identity to isolate myself from this post. I was afraid to have my private info available to everyone conserning how poorly this is going.
I'm not trying to attack you either, but some things don't add up. That's why I was asking what you were trying to validate? Trying to validate that it actually happened? I agree with Michelle that you seem to be a little insensitive about wanting to see this in the news or having your dinner comped because you moved rooms. No one is doubting there was a death; circumstances involving you is what seems questionable.

bhg469

i have to disagree with you, people are taking a very rude tone with yensid. I dont see him trying to cause any problems and trying to cope with a situation like this would be doing exactly what he is doing. talking about it trying to understand what happened and why.

Heatherbell

bhg469 said:
i have to disagree with you, people are taking a very rude tone with yensid. I dont see him trying to cause any problems and trying to cope with a situation like this would be doing exactly what he is doing. talking about it trying to understand what happened and why.

I totally agree, if I witnessed something like that I'd do the same thing. It is human nature, also he is using these boards as a coping method. Yensid, sorry that you had to witness something like that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why don't we give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now. Yes he is a new member. Yes he is claiming to have witnessed at least part of something that most of us know happened at CR recently. He has given us no real reason to doubt his word. There are a few holes in his story but just like any other you will always find holes if you look hard enough. Any one that has been involved in a high stress situation like this knows that things can easily become a blur. What would he really have to gain by his post real or false? Steve won't be sending him a check for new Disney news. I think all he was really looking for was some indication that this was still being ruled a suicide and that a murder investigation hadn't started. It is obvious that this person had the begubuzz sacred out of him by a person involved in this incident and is taking precautions to avoid him tracking him down. From the description given he would have made me feel uneasy as well. Being father myself you worry about the safety and protection of your family and you will do things that appear irrational or over cautious to others. So lets cut this guy a little slack and let him explain himself without beating him to death.

And the smiley thing...same thing happened to me it comes from spelling/grammar check in MS word then cutting and pasting into the post and is typically only visible on Firefox.

rogerrabbitfan9

I would like to apoligize to Yensid for the mean things people have said. I would also hope that you are able to cope with this death. Suicide is ALWAYS hard to handle. Things are a little confusing with this story. Maybe Monorail man can post what he saw again. The comments made by Disney and CR I beleve are acceptable. They are trying to forget this and hope you do too. I understand the "it is late help me please" feeling you felt.:(

MKCP 1985

Truth will be revealed in time. Nobody jumps or is pushed to their death off a hotel balcony without a public record being generated, eventually. Orange County police, Florida hotel and motel licensing and regulators or some other source. Perhaps someone here with work experience in the hotel industry better knows to whom this would be reported. Jill? Speck? MKT? Turkey?

The story is bizarre and unfortunate. In this day, one shouldn't take at face value everything one reads, especially from an unknown source. If it is true, there will be proof in time.

monorail_driver

Okay, I created a thread earlier at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=57391&page=1&pp=15. I didn't put which level I was on nor what the crime scene looked like, but all his descriptions are correct. It DID take place on the 8th floor, atlhgouh I mentioned that in my original post. I never saw any of the people staying in the room where the accident occured, so I really can't validate it. But, there was a tent set up below, which I have never mentioned in any of my posts. I believe yensid.

I think the questions seem more fierce than posters probably intended, or at least that what I hope. Through text, we really can't convey emotions, we interpret the text. I hope everyone keeps this in mind when posting questions. Yensid, once again I'm very sorry your vacation was ruined by someone committing suicide or another person's action of pushing a person of the balcony. Hope your week at home will be just as magical as Disney should be!!

monorail_driver

fillerup

Suicide True

Well, here it is.

I was getting ready to post a message on how silly this whole thing is and that if this had occured it would be all over the media.

However, just for a lark, I called Channel 9, WFTV, here in Orlando and spoke with the news desk.

I described the "silly rumor" to the woman who answered and lo' and behold, she said "yes, there was a suicide at the CH in the last few days". I commented that it was strange that I hadn't seen anything on the news regarding this.

Her reply was "We don't report suicides, and that's true of almost all credible media outlets".

I'm quite sure I've seen suicides reported before but I guess that's neither here nor there.

Draw your own conclusions folks.

DisneyFreak529

That is soo sad, I'm sorry that you had to see it. At least you can help the police with your info. I feel so sorry for his family.

Ziggie

tigsmom said:
May I ask what your search parameters were? I cannot find anything listed on Google (or anywhere else) that mentions this.

And whats with all the smilies in your post?

My thoughts exactly! :rolleyes:

TimeTrip

bhg469 said:

People who have been around for a while on the web are usually wary of "tragic event sympathy posts". I'm sure that there have been many instances where its just been a hoax. Just recently this happened on the World Of Warcraft forums. There was a huge outpouring of support for someone who played that game and had died. There was the crop of people that raised questions and looked "rude". Turns out it was a hoax after all.

I'm *not* saying this is the case here. I'm just trying to say that you can't expect everyone to accept sympathy posts as the straight truth just because they're sympathy posts. That's the point most hoaxers rely on.

Ziggie

yensid2005 said:
wdwfanatic, I am defending myself as fast as I can. I have other responsibilities to take care of other than this. I have been gone for almost 2 weeks. I have a lot to take care of at home.

I am desperatley hoping someone else can come forward and validate this. I don't have time to keep defending myself.

Monorail driver was questioned by the police. That should count for something?

For someone that had to leave because they were upset, you sure have found enough time to post on 2 message boards about this. Perhaps you should be seeking validation through a grief therapist instead.

Also, until I see factual data supporting your story, I don't believe one word of it.

barnum42

bucklmd said:
This is a bit off the subject, but I've noticed this in a few threads lately. Yes, the original post is a bit unbelievable, but I've noticed recently that new members or people with fewer posts are being discredited by some of the "more established" members. I'm not taking this personally, but is this site not for everyone? Maybe there should be an initiation?

I've been keeping up with the site for a few years now, just not a big poster. It's just an observation though.
Sadly there has been a small number of repeat attention seeking trolls. They join up cause trouble, get banned then join up again, cause more trouble and get banned...and so on. I'm afraid for many a new poster coming up with such a story is going to raise the hackles of many people (be it justified or not). The accidental smileys in the post will not have helped.

barnum42

yensid2005 said:
tigsmom, regarding the smiley's. I am cutting and pasting out of a word document, for spell checking purposes, on some post's, not this one. Could that have anything to do with the smiley's? They are not intentional and I feel bad that they are somehow making their way into my post's. I am not computer savy enough to figure what I am doing wrong that is causing the smiley's.
The symbols that create the tongue smiley are ":" and "d" next to each other. Word must stick an invisible version of this in the text.

Personally I use the spell check plug in for Firefox. Saves the trouble of messing about with Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom