Man falls out of Balcony at Contemporary Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
tigsmom said:
Just to add to what you are saying, the teenage years are very hard because (and it has been medically proven) there is a rapid growth in the brain mass that is similar to infancy. This growth and the resulting chemical imbalances make teens act more irrational. Hence a minor incident to an adult is a very major life altering one to a teen. Occurance is more pronounced in males than females.

Or it could just be that thanks to our life style weve gone a bit soft.

Well that and blokes are gaggin for it, what ever it may be.

no2apprentice

Can't leave this one alone.

For the most part, suicide (or it's attempt) is not illegal. Most states (if not all) have laws that allow law enforcement to take someone into custody for a mental evaluation by a mental health professional. As far as a punishible offense, think about it...someone commits suicide. What are you going to do, prosecute a corpse?

And as far as stopping someone from trying to commit suicide...yes. Healthy organisms repel anything harmful to the organism. This is a basic rule of biology and science as we know it. People who try to harm themselves are probably (note - probably) suffering from some form of mental illness. They at least deserve intervention and a chance of getting help.

Of course, there are other dynamics involved with people who want to terminate their lives due to terminal illness and similar circumstances.

So, yes, Woody, I would try to stop you. Because I care. :wave:

speck76

Woody13 said:
You're right! I am being serious too. When the time comes and suicide is the chosen option, then let the person do the act. However, I do have serious reservations about jumping from high public places. Bodies tend to bounce. I don't like the firearms method either.

I would prefer muscle relaxers.....go to sleep, never wake up.....not violence, no falling....just peace

MEBSTinkerbell

KevinPage said:
Welcome to WDWMagic, small world huh. :D

The wife (Jennifer) noticed this was your screename.

Kevin,
I've been a member of these boards for years (before I was a CM); But I lurk more than I ever post. Tell Jennifer and Ava Hi for me

:wave:

As for the info I posted...it was the only info I was given

tigsmom

speck76 said:
If you really cared, you would let him go.

I agree. As hard as it may be to do, if the person is in great pain or has lost control of their life due to a terrible medical condition, then I would stay with them to keep them company when the time came... it will be the last thing they have a say in.

Woody13

speck76 said:
I would prefer muscle relaxers.....go to sleep, never wake up.....not violence, no falling....just peace
Yes, I like that idea too. I think Morphine would be best. You only need about 200 mg for a lethal dose, so 5 (100 mg) tablets would easily do the job.

tecowdw

Doesn't it seem odd that there's no news stories about this event? I couldn't find anything doing a search of any of the local news agencies. Has anyone been able to find a news source?
:veryconfu

tigsmom

tecowdw said:
Doesn't it seem odd that there's no news stories about this event? I couldn't find anything doing a search of any of the local news agencies. Has anyone been able to find a news source?

No it is not odd at all. A lot of things go on that you never hear about.

speck76

tecowdw said:

WHY would the news report it?

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
speck76 said:
If you really cared, you would let him go.

I know that this thread has gone totally off topic, but I just had to chime in here. I have to say that I totally agree with Speck and Woody...who'da thunk? :)

Having been the victim of an overly worried "friend" who reported that she thought that I was going to commit suicide, I was hauled off to a hospital and evaluated. This was done in front of all of my neighbors and my 13 year old son. Ambulance, stretcher, 3 police cars, and about 10 men.

Do you know that you can call the police on *anyone* and tell them that they threatened suicide and more than likely that person will be taken away by the men in the white coats? The police are so worried about lawsuits, that if they get called to a possible suicide threat that they send them to the hospital about 99% of the time. (Statistics from the ER doctor who was ed off that I was even brought in for evaluation. She let me go fifteen minutes after talking to me and filed a formal complaint with the PD...)

Anyway, life is not for everyone. Not everyone can be helped or wants to be helped. If a person wants to end their life then the people here are being selfish by trying to make him or her stay.

Sorry for the continuation of the thread drift......

P.S. I wasn't going to kill myself. My friend's brother committed suicide, so when I off-handedly made a comment about killing myself she thought I'd do the same as her brother..... (oh brooooooother!)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
speck76 said:
WHY would the news report it?

Because on a quiet day death can fill a few precious column inches.

Not a total drift but, the BBC screened a programme that discussed how the representation of death in art has shapped attitudes and perceptions towards it.

Cause lets face it its the one thing that were all guaranteed to experience.

Hows that for a nice cheerfull start to the day.

Anyway how has this makeover made the Contemp look...............?

KevinPage

MEBSTinkerbell said:
Kevin,
I've been a member of these boards for years (before I was a CM); But I lurk more than I ever post. Tell Jennifer and Ava Hi for me

:wave:

As for the info I posted...it was the only info I was given

I noticed that after I posted. I just saw the post count and assumed. My bad :D :D :D

fiftiesdean

suicide, IS in most states, Illegal....but it's all in how the laws are written. If you are crossing the streat and you take one step outside the crosswalk, you could be arrested, but they typically don't.

inflicting bodily harm to someone OR yourself is indeed illegal, no matter if you die as a cause of it or not. Plus, you are putting others in danger. we all know you can't prosecute a dead person, but dead or alive, they still commited a crime. Now, whether they actually charge you with anything, is HIGHLY doubtful.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Brad... I can also confirm about suicides and balconies... and suicides in hotels in general. About 3 weeks ago we had a girl attempt to OD at one of my properties. It didn't hit the news either. I felt really bad for the poor housekeeper that found her lying, seemingly dead, on the floor.

sheryl2007

This thread has drifted away into a debate on assissted suicide, are we sure he even committed suicide? " a love tiangle" " an altercation" ? If the balconies are too high to accidently fall off of , he was either pushed or jumped. How many homicides are ruled suicide in the face of a lack of evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom