• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

embracejg

Yes, he knows a bunch of employees. You can ask him yourself if you want additional info about that or Buzzy.

He also had this to say : “I've been interviewed a few times but I don't think they liked what I had to say. So far no law enforcement folks, or Disney security people have asked me anything.”

Regarding pictures of Buzzy he doesn’t want to get anyone fired. I wouldn’t either so we’ll just have to be patient.
Everyone who lives in Orlando knows a bunch of Disney employees. That doesn't mean any of them have inside info about this.

None of that makes me take him seriously as a source.

I would trust what OCSO says (the agency in charge of investigating the situation) over someone who says they know somebody who knows someone.
The sheriff’s office says that Buzzy was stolen and the theft is being investigated. Doesn’t matter what Hoot Gibson said, Buzzy has been stolen.

glawio

My current stance is "police say he is stolen so I am going to go with that", however, if he ends up being okay, I'm not going to rub it in anyone's face. Don't understand how this became some kind of weird fight. 🤷‍♀️ If he's stolen he's stolen, if he's not stolen he's not stolen.

embracejg

My current stance is "police say he is stolen so I am going to go with that", however, if he ends up being okay, I'm not going to rub it in anyone's face. Don't understand how this became some kind of weird fight. 🤷‍♀️ If he's stolen he's stolen, if he's not stolen he's not stolen.
I'm guessing it's become a fight because people like Hoot don't want to admit either they were wrong or they repeated secondhand information that ended up being wrong. I certainly understand why most people *thought* there was no way Buzzy was stolen after the police issued a report about the gloves being taken. It seemed absurd to me that Disney could let security become so lax for an area that it would have already known to be a target for thieves. But the police statement is quite definitive that the theft occurred.

Last edited:

Demarke

I'm guessing it's become a fight because people like Hoot don't want to admit either they were wrong or they repeated secondhand information that ended up being wrong. I certainly understand why most people *thought* there was no way Buzzy was stolen after the police issued a report about the gloves being taken. It seemed absurd to me that Disney could let security become so lax for an area that it would have already known to be a target for thieves. But the police statement is quite definitive that the theft occurred.
People that are upset can at least take solace that Hoot was apparently right before he was apparently wrong. Everybody wins!! 😁

7D15FF8A-C771-4E85-B4CA-1524087F2624.png

Dragonman

If he’s actually there and shows up in the Guardians queue then I’m sure a lot of people will be feeling either confused or happy. There’s gonna be a lot of explaining to do though.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
It's not impossible for the two stories to both be true: He was stolen but then recovered and there is an open case regarding the extent of accomplices in the theft. Maybe he was stolen and then hidden somewhere backstage to be picked up later, but was discovered.

Still waiting on a police report to be made public, or an official announcement that is more than confirming something to a journalist's inquiry.

GhostlyGoofy

I am going to wait until we get some kind of police report or court transcript.

At this point Hoot could just be blowing smoke.

Ensign could have seen a reproduction.

Buzzy could have been returned or found on property after a botched attempt to steal him.

In an effort to score brownie points with the company, after an awful week, T#m C#rl#s could have volunteered to put on the bomber Jacket and will stand in the guardians Queue

We don't know!!!!

justintheharris

Sorry to butt in on a WDWMagic thread again, but I saw my site was mentioned and didn't want to let questions go unanswered. Hi, I'm John Gregory, owner and operator of Orlando Rising.

You should be commended about being careful about your news sources. One of the reasons I started writing about Orlando parks is what I see as lax journalistic standards with other Disney blogs (not WDWMagic), as well as how often mainstream sources get some details wrong about Disney and Universal because they're just not familiar with the parks. My goal was to bridge that gap: apply more rigorous journalistic standards to reporting about Orlando theme parks and not insult the diehard fans who know a lot about these places.

Orlando Rising has been around as a general local news site since late 2015. I began writing for it a year ago, and earlier this year, we began focusing entirely on theme park coverage. Hopefully you'll hear more from us in the future. As for me, I'm not a newcomer to journalism in general; I've covered everything from state legislatures to health care to two Stanley Cup Finals over the 8 years of my career. I just happen to love these parks and felt it deserved better coverage than promoting new limited-time cupcakes or unsourced rumors.

I stand by my reporting in this story. I'm not here to say anything negative about Hoot Gibson's comments or guess why other sites or newspapers didn't pursue this angle of the story.

After the Patrick Spikes arrest warrant said that Buzzy "was later stolen from the attraction," separate from the gloves incident, I asked for clarification, specifically asking whether it was just reported stolen due to an internal Disney miscommunication or if it had simply reflected what detectives heard at the time.

Here's a screenshot of the email conversation I had with OCSO on this (I blacked out one employee's direct email address, but left it in the general PR email that's easily accessible on their site). Hopefully being transparent about my reporting process makes you trust Orlando Rising a bit more in the future, but I appreciate it's up to the site to earn that trust with my reporting, not just promises. Thanks and sorry again to WDWMagic for coming on the board to talk about my site.
You had to be a pure buffoon to, again, think Disney removed Buzzy and Disney didn’t tell Disney they were doing it and Disney reported him stolen without consulting Disney.

That was literally what Patrick was claiming in his now removed Youtube video and the claim is as ridiculous as it reads above.

Top Bottom