Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

lazyboy97o

First, bold of you to assume I don’t know what’s it like to work at Disney. More importantly, the theory’s primary pusher was a guy suspected of stealing him. You expect me to believe that ridiculous story?? Or just that he stole Buzzy. Remember, Occam’s razor. Utilize it.
It’s not bold. You keep making the same incorrect statements regarding Disney’s internal structure and operations.

justintheharris

It’s not bold. You keep making the same incorrect statements regarding Disney’s internal structure and operations.
And which structure are you referring to? I’m not saying anything regarding their structure. I’m saying the idea that one division of Disney (Division A) removed Buzzy and a different division (that couldn’t be completely unrelated to Division A given that they’re also are affiliated with WOL) reported him stolen without consulting ANY other division and that the police ALSO didn’t consult any other division before finalizing the report AND ON TOP OF THAT, Disney is allowing the police department to still claim he’s stolen despite him still being in Disney’s possession because apparently division A hasn’t heard about the report is a completely outrageous and ridiculous premise. ESPECIALLY when it’s primary pusher is the man suspected of stealing the animatronic. Is it possible that Disney did it and is having a legendary communication error? I guess... but there’s also a possibility that a hurricane next month will completely wipe Disney World off the map. Being possible doesn’t mean it’s remotely likely. Buzzy was stolen. That statement should be accepted as fact. It’s in multiple affidavits and Disney hasn’t bothered to correct them.

Tom Morrow

First, bold of you to assume I don’t know what’s it like to work at Disney. More importantly, the theory’s primary pusher was a guy suspected of stealing him. You expect me to believe that ridiculous story?? Or just that he stole Buzzy. Remember, Occam’s razor. Utilize it.
I'm not sure how "an operation is so big and segmented that one department might not communicate well with another, leading to mistakes" is more crazy than "a guy without any proper construction equipment or team or know-how (he was an a/v tech, not a construction worker or mechanic) was able to remove an adult-sized, several hundred pound piece of equipment (plus chair) from 10 feet in the air and also smuggle it out."

GhostlyGoofy

I'm not sure how "an operation is so big and segmented that one department might not communicate well with another, leading to mistakes" is more crazy than "a guy without any proper construction equipment or team or know-how (he was an a/v tech, not a construction worker or mechanic) was able to remove an adult-sized, several hundred pound piece of equipment (plus chair) from 10 feet in the air and also smuggle it out."
How do we know there was no team? Haunted mansion was done with an accomplice. Who knows how many fake employee id badges spikes made to get people in for tasks like this? Right now we don't even know if spikes is the culprit, but he may have given them the keys to get in.

justintheharris

Okay let's use occam's razor. This principle is that the theory with the LEAST amount of new assumptions is more plausible.

For the theory in which Patrick stole Buzzy, we already know he had a fake ID printer and regularly snuck around backstage. So what must we assume at this point?:
1. Patrick had the means to steal Buzzy
2. Patrick was able to carry Buzzy out of Disney without causing any suspicion,

For the theory which you had described:
1. Disney wanted to do something new with Buzzy
2. Disney kept that information solely within one very small division and NO OTHER division
3. Another division reported him stolen without communicating with ANY other division
4. The division of Disney which knows that Buzzy has simply been removed has not found out about the police report and does not care to correct the affidavit.
5. There are no higher up divisions that are bothering to intervene in this miscommunication.
6. Buzzy is sitting somewhere on Disney property and nobody outside of the division that has removed him has managed to stumble upon him.
7. The man being accused of stealing Buzzy happens to know that this is exactly what's going on.

Which of those sounds more plausible to you? Are you seriously going to tell me that the latter of these two sounds more realistic?

kpilcher

Okay let's use occam's razor. This principle is that the theory with the LEAST amount of new assumptions is more plausible.

For the theory in which Patrick stole Buzzy, we already know he had a fake ID printer and regularly snuck around backstage. So what must we assume at this point?:
1. Patrick had the means to steal Buzzy
2. Patrick was able to carry Buzzy out of Disney without causing any suspicion,

For the theory which you had described:
1. Disney wanted to do something new with Buzzy
2. Disney kept that information solely within one very small division and NO OTHER division
3. Another division reported him stolen without communicating with ANY other division
4. The division of Disney which knows that Buzzy has simply been removed has not found out about the police report and does not care to correct the affidavit.
5. There are no higher up divisions that are bothering to intervene in this miscommunication.
6. Buzzy is sitting somewhere on Disney property and nobody outside of the division that has removed him has managed to stumble upon him.
7. The man being accused of stealing Buzzy happens to know that this is exactly what's going on.

Which of those sounds more plausible to you? Are you seriously going to tell me that the latter of these two sounds more realistic?
I'm not saying Spikes did or did not steal the AA, but if another Disney division has Buzzy they would have told the Orange County Sheriff's Office by now, so no more resources would be spent investigating the theft. As of at least the Haunted Mansion heist, Buzzy was still part of two open investigations, and possibly played a role in several more.

justintheharris

I'm not saying Spikes did or did not steal the AA, but if another Disney division has Buzzy they would have told the Orange County Sheriff's Office by now, so no more resources would be spent investigating the theft. As of at least the Haunted Mansion heist, Buzzy was still part of two open investigations, and possibly played a role in several more.
That's what I'm trying to say. Perhaps Spikes isn't guilty. But the theory about Disney having removed Buzzy and is experiencing a massive failure in communication on the subject of his current status is completely ludicrous and I can't even believe there's people who aren't just entertaining the theory but OUTRIGHT BELIEVE IT TO BE CORRECT.

trainplane3

This is a dumpster fire of a thread that keeps getting worse. I almost hope he does end up in GotG just so everyone can finally shut up about it
My post on page 1 is relevant:
It isn't Patrick.

I think we all know where this thread is going to go... and how it's going to end.
giphy.gif

GhostlyGoofy

Who reported it stolen? That's why everyone hates passive sentences.
In the 5 page PDF that's been shared throughout this thread and several sites for spikes Arrest, Detective Dave Foro writes that's they interviewed spikes about Buzzy's stolen clothes and that they later learned the entire animatronic was stolen. The detective states spikes denied any firsthand knowledge but gave some first names, no last names or any specifics.

All of that is mentioned in the orlando rising article with excerpts from the police document that kicked off this thread.

I don't know who reported it stolen. But it was reported stolen and this detective put that in his report.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom