Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

My95cobras

This is a dumpster fire of a thread that keeps getting worse. I almost hope he does end up in GotG just so everyone can finally shut up about it

With the amount of fuel you’ve thrown on it and flip flopping you’ve stated.... no wonder it’s become the fire that it’s become. I think you’re the one that started the original one too right?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In the 5 page PDF that's been shared throughout this thread and several sites for spikes Arrest, Detective Dave Foro writes that's they interviewed spikes about Buzzy's stolen clothes and that they later learned the entire animatronic was stolen. The detective states spikes denied any firsthand knowledge but gave some first names, no last names or any specifics.

All of that is mentioned in the orlando rising article with excerpts from the police document that kicked off this thread.

I don't know who reported it stolen. But it was reported stolen and this detective put that in his report.

So... if we don't know who reported it stolen, how can we trust the police who are merely parroting a so-far anonymous report?

Tom Morrow

So... if we don't know who reported it stolen, how can we trust the police who are merely parroting a so-far anonymous report?
Yeah, this, plus that its:

- absurd, but not impossible that departments within Disney could communicate so poorly that they reported Buzzy as stolen
- absurd, but not impossible, that BackDoorDisney or someone like him plus a small team was able to smuggle Buzzy out

means I am still 50/50 unless actual proof surfaces and not just word of mouth.

GhostlyGoofy

If someone can get the OCSO to quote and acknowledge a Disney official authorized to claim that the AA was stolen, I'll believe it. Until then, and quite appropriately, the jury's out.

Victims of crime are under no obligation to come forward with their identity.

A Detective's affidavit mentions while investigating a Suspect for the Theft of stolen props, he also questioned the suspect about a Stolen Animatronic known as Buzzy.

You guys may be right. I am just having a hard time believing from Nov. To May intercommunications were so bad no one notified Law Enforcement Buzzy was just accidentally reported stolen. OSCO still told press it was an ongoing investigation at the time of Spikes Arrest.

Either way this looks terrible for Disney.

Our leadership and communication is so terrible we misplaced and accidentally reported an animatronic stolen.

Or.

Our security is so lax a group of social media famous larcenists came in here and swiped an animatronic.

Movielover

Actual picture of Marni's wall after 5 minutes reading this thread, colorized 2019

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And in that email police are still saying it *IS* stolen. Present tense, hasn't been recovered.
I just find it very interesting that the original report says "We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing" without citing the source or exact timing of that discovery.

That phrasing could mean they have a CI, Disney themselves complained, or that the OCSO read about it right here on WDWMagic.

OrlandoRising

I just find it very interesting that the original report says "We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing" without citing the source or exact timing of that discovery.

That phrasing could mean they have a CI, Disney themselves complained, or that the OCSO read about it right here on WDWMagic.

You're right, that opened up the possibility that the investigators were simply recording what they heard at the time. That's why I followed up on it, leading to the clear statements from OCSO that the animatronic "is stolen" and is still the subject of an active investigation. After Dave Ensign's claim, I went back again and they clarified that Buzzy "has not been recovered."

And thanks to the moderators for removing the screenshot of my article.

glawio

Oh yikes, I had no idea I couldn't post screenshots of articles... can't post links either so I guess I can just refer to it! Thanks for lettin me know!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom