Male Cast Member Costumes

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Your cousin after 20 years as a federal employee can retire and collect his second pension at age 58.
Oh, and he retired as an officer. Meaning, he housing allowance for his last two posts paid enough for him to buy two decent houses in fairly expensive areas - Miami and NYC (thanks COLA, and obviously with mortgages), from which he has since been collecting rental income from for years.

I really should go back in time and tell myself.. "forget college, forget grad school. Go in the military"

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm generally content with my life, but there's no arguing that opportunities are harder to come by for my generation and the ones after it.

Right now, with a higher level of education and statistically greater productivity than my baby boomer era colleagues, I am earning comparatively less than they were at the same point in their careers while paying more for basic necessities. Oh, and some of them have pensions, I have a 401k which is depressingly low.
We weren't all that financially happy 40 years ago, either. My husband was making less at the same point in their careers than the greatest generation with more education and working longer hours. And mortgage rates were at 15%; we were able to assume a 10% mortgage and finance the remainder at 18% - a good deal at the time. Being able to assume a lower rate mortgage was a selling point at that time - and I suspect it will be the same pretty soon - if not already.

Oh, and income tax rates were much higher, while many deductions were being eliminated. We have been taking a standard deduction for the past couple of years. Unless one of us lands in the ICU we won't be able to deduct medical expenses. But I'm fine with that.

So, for us, these are the good old days.

Lilofan

Hoping by the time we're up there, we will also have "good old days", since right now we're having "mostly content days"
If one survives on Medicare and social security it will be a struggle to say the least. If one has both, a substantial 401K and net worth through real estate, investing in 401K and markets long term, it will perhaps be good old days.

Goofyernmost

(GASP) AGAIN!

Oh, dear... this country has gone to heck in a hand basket. I think I will start a petition to change the name Hoover Damn (sorry, I had to write it☹️) to Hoover Gosh-darn it!
I was just informed that one is dam. In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna.... "Never mind":oops:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
(GASP) AGAIN!

Oh, dear... this country has gone to heck in a hand basket. I think I will start a petition to change the name Hoover Damn (sorry, I had to write it☹️) to Hoover Gosh-darn it!
I was just informed that one is dam. In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna.... "Never mind":oops:
Damn.

Goofyernmost

I'm generally content with my life, but there's no arguing that opportunities are harder to come by for my generation and the ones after it.

Right now, with a higher level of education and statistically greater productivity than my baby boomer era colleagues, I am earning comparatively less than they were at the same point in their careers while paying more for basic necessities. Oh, and some of them have pensions, I have a 401k which is depressingly low.
If you think that is scary now wait until you are at least half way into your retirement and you get kicked in the teeth like 2022 did. When I started out almost no companies had pension plans and there was no 401's to be found. I remember so clearly having a guy come in and speak to management about the NEW retirement plans that people could directly contribute to and that if they started at age 25 and put $20 per week into it (that was before matching funs were even brought up) that by retirement you would have a million dollars in your account. Bear in mind that interest rates for almost any collateral type loan was around 14%. It was also just before Credit Cards were starting to be the thing.

I remember asking... If everyone that is retired has a nest egg of $1,000,000 wouldn't it stand to reason that a loaf of bread would be about $100.00? He had no answer for that. Whatever the case, if everyone were a millionaire it would mean you were almost poor? By the way, that wealth forecast didn't happen.

Goofyernmost

I have a cousin who just retired from the Air Force after 20 years (at age 38) and is collecting a pension already, while working full-time now for the post office.

Maybe I should've gone in the military.
Maybe I should have stayed in the military. At the time it didn't seem like a good idea. If I even thought that I might not ever have to go to a war zone again I might have, but the country seems to like to utilize the military quite often. Plus I hate following orders that had the threat of jail time existed for not following them. I was never good at taking orders, I was to sarcastic and quick to respond for it to ever have worked out pleasantly.

SteveAZee

Solution:

Every CM from now on will be in a 'fur costume.'

The character costumes with the giant heads and bulky fur onesie will easily hide purple hair, tattoos, black nail polish, bodily shapes, and exposed ankles. It will be impossible to know a CMs gender or race or age.

From the ticket booth staffed by Sully to the server at Be Our Guest in a Queen of Hearts costume, the personal looks of the human beings serving you will be covered up and no longer a nuisance to one's enjoyment of the parks.

/solved.
Or, go the other way. Fully nude cast members.

It saves on wardrobe/costume costs ($).

People have always been naked at some point, regardless of theme or age or environment, so CM's can move fluidly between each land.

Cast members are now fully free to express themselves, without ambiguity.

Maybe a hat to carry trading pins.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

People have always been naked at some point, regardless of theme or age or environment, so CM's can move fluidly between each land.

If Donald is good without pants, then so am I!
Donald Duck Disney GIF

Lilofan

Better slap on that Hawaiian Tropic all over that exposed skin. That FL sun is brutal.

Chi84

Premium Member
One CM said he did not seem to faze him that both sexes could use same costume shirt and pants.
Oh okay. I never thought the same costume shirt and pants would be an issue because that’s the way of uniforms everywhere. People here are talking about seeing things at WDW that are not the norm elsewhere; that seems to be causing some controversy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom