Male Cast Member Costumes

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
If you show up in MK wearing your pajamas.. I don't care what gender you identify with, you're going to get blowback from people because of the contradiction of the cultural norms and established uses.
I've actually been at MK in my PJs. On a few occasions.

Not at christmas in a cute family pic, not as a costume on halloween... just because I don't care what society says. Shame bores me, having fun is better.

Plus, there's nothing like being comfy in PJs.

LittleBuford

In case you hadn't noticed... the entire thread is about people's reactions to other people's actions. The entire topic is 'reactions'
That's because we have too much time on our hands in this weird online world we've carved out for ourselves. But in the context of an actual visit to the parks, how many people are going to concern themselves to any significant degree with what others are wearing?

Vegas Disney Fan

That's because we have too much time on our hands in this weird online world we've carved out for ourselves. But in the context of an actual visit to the parks, how many people are going to concern themselves to any significant degree with what others are wearing?
This is a good point, I see and talk about all kinds of things here on the forums I’ve never worried about in all my trips to the parks, I’m too busy having fun to worry about what color the couch cushions are, if I can see a show building, if a male CM is wearing a skirt, etc… I notice those things but they never get more than a couple seconds thought and then it’s back to having fun.

Lilofan

This is a good point, I see and talk about all kinds of things here on the forums I’ve never worried about in all my trips to the parks, I’m too busy having fun to worry about what color the couch cushions are, if I can see a show building, if a male CM is wearing a skirt, etc… I notice those things but they never get more than a couple seconds thought and then it’s back to having fun.
It is sadly also the upkeep of facilities and cleanliness of the parks. Guests are so excited to be there on vacation some tend to overlook the less the upkeep of the parks and resorts.

Lilofan

I've actually been at MK in my PJs. On a few occasions.

Not at christmas in a cute family pic, not as a costume on halloween... just because I don't care what society says. Shame bores me, having fun is better.

Plus, there's nothing like being comfy in PJs.
In Aug 2014 ago early one morning at MK, there was a private event with 101 guests and their 101 dogs which their dogs got dressed up for the occasion.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There are new norms being established.

Note your tense- acknowledging it is something newer and evolving.

And therefore common sense says you need to understand that not everyone immediately has that same interpretation and not necessarily the same buy-in. The status quo does not change instantly and universally.

This phenomenon is not limited to gender identity and dress code. Why do you think it is going to be magically different here?

Be it males wearing earrings… or whatever other cultural change people want to review to see how it was perceived and evolved. This doesn’t happen overnight to flash change everyone’s minds nor eradicate the past simply because someone demands freedom of choice.

You get freedom of choice - but you don’t get immunity from everything before or variations around you.

flynnibus

Premium Member

By that same logic - why does disney even bother with its decency standards? Why should you or disney be concerned with what others are wearing?

Why do we even care what employees are wearing besides a name tag so we know they are employees?

Lilofan

Well you can count on me to actually wash myself before hand and dress appropriately… and maybe even bring a gift if it’s appropriate for the occasion! Because that’s what we as a whole have set as expectations of each other. Above our personal freedoms
The Mouse could care less they will still take your money.

Riviera Rita

Being an oldie I've seen a lot in my time and there does seem to be an increase in promenading at the parks. By promenading I mean dressing to be looked at. That's not the reason to go to Disney parks and it's just good old fashioned attention seeking whether it's pyjamas or skimpy clothing or whatever, your sole purpose for dressing like that is to get attention and don't deny it. Kids in costumes is cute, adults? Not so much.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Being an oldie I've seen a lot in my time and there does seem to be an increase in promenading at the parks. By promenading I mean dressing to be looked at. That's not the reason to go to Disney parks and it's just good old fashioned attention seeking whether it's pyjamas or skimpy clothing or whatever, your sole purpose for dressing like that is to get attention and don't deny it. Kids in costumes is cute, adults? Not so much.

Horse Prince GIF by South Park

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Wait. You think people dress in pajamas to get attention?! There’s at least two entire generations that wear primarily pajamas and sweats. You can more easily wear pajamas to be inconspicuous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom