Making Memories with Magic Friends

dandaman

So here's something pretty awesome... I turn to the 'Discover' section of the paper this morning, and find a giant full-page picture of Behemoth ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsxS4Bt-aEk ) on the front. So my eyes scrolled down to the review section, plus the picture of someone with a camera duct-taped to his hands.

...The review was by my former/substitute math teacher, the Michigan rep for American Coaster Enthusiasts. :D

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/discover/story.html?id=cd651153-498c-42c9-9e12-1fafd77881dc

mpoppins76

:sohappy: Vince, that's awesome!!!!

Quick good morning! :wave: I have a day full of errands to run and an apartment to clean for our Mother's Day company tomorrow so I prolly won't be around much today. Maybe after all of my chores are done. :king:

Love you all! :kiss:

PotteryGal

Jen!
What could your avatar mean?? ;)

:drevil: :D

So here's something pretty awesome... I turn to the 'Discover' section of the paper this morning, and find a giant full-page picture of Behemoth ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsxS4Bt-aEk ) on the front. So my eyes scrolled down to the review section, plus the picture of someone with a camera duct-taped to his hands.

...The review was by my former/substitute math teacher, the Michigan rep for American Coaster Enthusiasts. :D

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/discover/story.html?id=cd651153-498c-42c9-9e12-1fafd77881dc

Danny...:dazzle: How long before you go to the Point? :animwink:

dandaman

^At least a few weeks. Between final projects et al. plus work, I'm looking at the first weekend in June... and if not then, then all the way until school's over.

Uponastar

How cool!
Hope you get to enjoy a coaster ride really soon, Tall One! :)

dandaman

Awesome!

So it's our store's grand opening today... I know, I know, we've been open for 6 months, but I figure as Disney fans that "soft opening" at least has some understanding. :lol: Anyway, they're broadcasting A&W trivia, root-beer-chugging contests, etc. from the parking lot, all over the county right now!

Currently the question is what the A and the W stand for, and unfortunately employees are exempt from the contest; the answer was in the training manual. :eek:

Right now until 4, we have $1 Mama Burgers; and from 4-7, we have a chicken meal special. Normally 10 pieces, fries, gravy & salads costs $25, but it's $16 for those three hours.

...So if you happen to be in the area... you know. :lookaroun

Anyway, I'm working tonight from 6-close, but we're having our own employee party at 8:30, plus I get to meet a local radio personality. :D

Uponastar

Awesome!

So it's our store's grand opening today... I know, I know, we've been open for 6 months, but I figure as Disney fans that "soft opening" at least has some understanding. :lol: Anyway, they're broadcasting A&W trivia, root-beer-chugging contests, etc. from the parking lot, all over the county right now!

Currently the question is what the A and the W stand for, and unfortunately employees are exempt from the contest; the answer was in the training manual. :eek:

Right now until 4, we have $1 Mama Burgers; and from 4-7, we have a chicken meal special. Normally 10 pieces, fries, gravy & salads costs $25, but it's $16 for those three hours.

...So if you happen to be in the area... you know. :lookaroun

Anyway, I'm working tonight from 6-close, but we're having our own employee party at 8:30, plus I get to meet a local radio personality. :D

So tell us, oh wise one...
What do the letters stand for?

Helloooooo.

Helloooooo to youuuuu!

dandaman

Allen and Wright, the two co-founders of the first location in Lodi, California, in 1919.

I totally just did that off of memory. :D

S'up?:cool:

Having a productive day (until now)...mom came over to help me de-junk em's room. So far 4 bags full of outgrown clothes and one bag of trash.:dazzle:

Heard Vince's awesome news...Vince, is Pirates and Princesses worth it? Em's not really into the Princesses anymore but it looks like it would be a fun night. I was disappointed in MNSSHP so I'm kind of reluctant to spend the money.

How you all doing?

Uponastar

Allen and Wright, the two co-founders of the first location in Lodi, California, in 1919.

I totally just did that off of memory. :D

I used to know all that totally uninteresting stuff about Wawa, too.
Rest assured, you'll forget it all one day. :D

S'up?:cool:

Having a productive day (until now)...mom came over to help me de-junk em's room. So far 4 bags full of outgrown clothes and one bag of trash.:dazzle:

Heard Vince's awesome news...Vince, is Pirates and Princesses worth it? Em's not really into the Princesses anymore but it looks like it would be a fun night. I was disappointed in MNSSHP so I'm kind of reluctant to spend the money.

How you all doing?

Hello dear Amy-who-isn't-here-right-now.
I hope you're well.

MerHearted

How you all doing?

You didn't like the halloween party? :eek: I love P&P, but I think MNSSHP is better. So if you didn't like that...

I used to know all that totally uninteresting stuff about Wawa, too.
Rest assured, you'll forget it all one day. :D

Hello dear Amy-who-isn't-here-right-now.
I hope you're well.

I'm good! Here and there, starting threads. How are you today?

You didn't like the halloween party? :eek: I love P&P, but I think MNSSHP is better. So if you didn't like that...

Thanks for the advice! I was surprised that I didn't love the Halloween party.

So, how was Ariel? Did you post details? Or are you not allowed?

Uponastar

I'm good! Here and there, starting threads. How are you today?

Thanks for the advice! I was surprised that I didn't love the Halloween party.

So, how was Ariel? Did you post details? Or are you not allowed?

Hi Amy!
I'm good. How are you doing? Getting over the sleepies?

You didn't like MNSSHP???
Aside from the crowds, I think it's a great event.

Hi Amy!
I'm good. How are you doing? Getting over the sleepies?

You didn't like MNSSHP???
Aside from the crowds, I think it's a great event.

I've noticed that each day I have a little more energy...second trimester here we come! Though my energy levels are the opposite of what they used to be. Now I wake up at 6 AM raring to go and am done by 8 PM. Darn kid.

I did like the theming and I loved the headless horseman. I'm not quite sure why I didn't love it in general. Maybe because it was our last night there, and the fireworks wasn't Wishes. It was all beautifully done, of course...I think I'm just a traditionalist. I want it to always look the same.

Uponastar

I've noticed that each day I have a little more energy...second trimester here we come! Though my energy levels are the opposite of what they used to be. Now I wake up at 6 AM raring to go and am done by 8 PM. Darn kid.

I did like the theming and I loved the headless horseman. I'm not quite sure why I didn't love it in general. Maybe because it was our last night there, and the fireworks wasn't Wishes. It was all beautifully done, of course...I think I'm just a traditionalist. I want it to always look the same.

George is a traditionalist when it comes to WDW, too.
But we did enjoy the party...we've been 3 times. We've never done the Christmas party though. Maybe someday.

Glad you're feeling better.
How's Em feeling about being a big sister?

George is a traditionalist when it comes to WDW, too.
But we did enjoy the party...we've been 3 times. We've never done the Christmas party though. Maybe someday.

Glad you're feeling better.
How's Em feeling about being a big sister?

I would love to go at Christmas...I've never seen it decorated and my sis says it's unbelievable.

Em's coming to terms with it...she actually cried the day we told her!!!! I felt awful, I hadn't even wanted to tell her until another few months but Grant insisted. Now she seems more excited...she told all her friends and today when she was weeding out her stuffed animals she picked some out to save for the baby. She says the baby has to get his own TV, though, becuase she is NOT going back to watching the Wiggles.

She's pretty funny...when I told her we could keep the baby in the basement so we don't have to hear it cry, she told me "Mommy, that's part of the job! You just have to deal with it!".

PotteryGal

I would love to go at Christmas...I've never seen it decorated and my sis says it's unbelievable.

Em's coming to terms with it...she actually cried the day we told her!!!! I felt awful, I hadn't even wanted to tell her until another few months but Grant insisted. Now she seems more excited...she told all her friends and today when she was weeding out her stuffed animals she picked some out to save for the baby. She says the baby has to get his own TV, though, becuase she is NOT going back to watching the Wiggles.

She's pretty funny...when I told her we could keep the baby in the basement so we don't have to hear it cry, she told me "Mommy, that's part of the job! You just have to deal with it!".

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Wonderful stories, Amy! I don't blame Em about the Wiggles either. :lookaroun And Disney at Christmas is amazing. So beautifully decorated - the Wilderness Lodge is absolutely incredible as is the GF's gingerbread house.

Uponastar

So cute!
Sounds like she's adjusting well. I'm sure she'll have her moments, though. She has been number one big cheese around your house for quite a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom