Making Memories with Magic Friends

nibblesandbits

Hello Everyone!

I must say, on the kids hurting themselves theme, Joe is right on. Kids get hurt....it stinks, we hate seeing them cry, but it's unrealistic to think we can prevent every spill. I have been to the ER twice with my daughter, at least three times with my son, and the simple fact is, they're clutzy. :eek: It's genetic, I'm afraid. You never get used to it, but there it is. :(

One more day, and I have my kiddos home for 2 1/2 months. If we can get through one summer without damage to any of their limbs, I will be thrilled. :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh, and.....

8 more days!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
:lol:

Hi Jenny! Good luck through the summer to you!

Oh and of course, yay for 8 days!!!

PotteryGal

Jenny - I've been meaning to ask you... MMR. What's the deal on that? Should I waive it? It's a huge amount of paperwork, but is that a bad shot?

Honestly Bun, I recommend talking to your pediatrition (sp?)...has Anya ever had a bad reaction to any other shot? Is there problems with her immune system or a family history of reactions to any shots? It's a live virus vaccine - but the mercury is not present in it. In fact the only shot I would caution you about today is the flu shot, because it still contains a full dose of the mercury preservative in it. It is justified by the medical establishment because it is distributed in multi-dose vials.
If all things are good, I wouldn't necessarily waive it....if it makes you nervous, talk to your doctor about splitting it into three indiv measles, mumps, rubella....or postponing till she's 18 mos - 2 years.
I know I personally have qualms about vaccines, but that is because I know my kids' immune system stinks and he is autistic...I have waived him from his final three vax, because I don't want a regression, and they (meaning the medical establishment) have never completely reassured me it would be okay for autistic children to go ahead and be vaccinated.

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Honestly Bun, I recommend talking to your pediatrition (sp?)...has Anya ever had a bad reaction to any other shot? Is there problems with her immune system or a family history of reactions to any shots? It's a live virus vaccine - but the mercury is not present in it. In fact the only shot I would caution you about today is the flu shot, because it still contains a full dose of the mercury preservative in it. It is justified by the medical establishment because it is distributed in multi-dose vials.
If all things are good, I wouldn't necessarily waive it....if it makes you nervous, talk to your doctor about splitting it into three indiv measles, mumps, rubella....or postponing till she's 18 mos - 2 years.
I know I personally have qualms about vaccines, but that is because I know my kids' immune system stinks and he is autistic...I have waived him from his final three vax, because I don't want a regression, and they (meaning the medical establishment) have never completely reassured me it would be okay for autistic children to go ahead and be vaccinated.

I've been spacing out her shots lately. It's just so much for a little system to take all at once. So it's been two shots at a time -max. The MMR one really had me worried though.

Besides, who's had Rubella lately :shrug:

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Me too.
I had to get a chocolate pudding to satisfy my chocolate craving. :lol:

Accidents happen.
He also let her fall into a rose bush.
And I let her go down a hill on a three wheeler by herself...she drove into the pond.
No wonder my sister is a bit off. :lol:
:lol:

PotteryGal

I've been spacing out her shots lately. It's just so much for a little system to take all at once. So it's been two shots at a time -max. The MMR one really had me worried though.

Besides, who's had Rubella lately :shrug:

Good - I think that's just common sense, instead of 4 or 5 at once. :hammer:Like I said, if you're concerned, see if the doctor thinks waiting till she's older for the MMR would be okay. We followed the vax schedule that the CDC recommends (aka orders), right up to 18 mos. Joel never had any of the dramatic regression that I have read other parents experienced, but I believe he was autistic from birth. So I believe his vax didn't cause his autism, but I do think they didn't help his autism either. I know the vaccine court ruled recently that an autistic child with a prior mitochondrial condition worsened after vaccination.

It was good... but WAY overpriced. I'm sorry... it was something like $5 a scallop! :eek:

Holy cow! :eek: I think the only way I'll go to the Cali Grill is on the DDP. :lol:

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Good - I think that's just common sense, instead of 4 or 5 at once. :hammer:Like I said, if you're concerned, see if the doctor thinks waiting till she's older for the MMR would be okay. We followed the vax schedule that the CDC recommends (aka orders), right up to 18 mos. Joel never had any of the dramatic regression that I have read other parents experienced, but I believe he was autistic from birth. So I believe his vax didn't cause his autism, but I do think they didn't help his autism either. I know the vaccine court ruled recently that an autistic child with a prior mitochondrial condition worsened after vaccination.

Holy cow! :eek: I think the only way I'll go to the Cali Grill is on the DDP. :lol:

I was going to ask to waive the MMR altogether, but then I learned of the paperwork involved :brick:

Sounds like the only way I could waive it is if I called it "religious reasons" Sigh.

Oh, and the CG is kinda overrated. :shrug: The view is fantastic, but I could have eaten at two world showcase places for what I paid there. :dazzle:

nibblesandbits

I was going to ask to waive the MMR altogether, but then I learned of the paperwork involved :brick:

Sounds like the only way I could waive it is if I called it "religious reasons" Sigh.

Oh, and the CG is kinda overrated. :shrug: The view is fantastic, but I could have eaten at two world showcase places for what I paid there. :dazzle:
yeah...that's kinda why I haven't eaten there...way expensive!

PotteryGal

I was thinking ahead to our vaca three years from now...it will be our 20th anniversary. Abby will be old enough to stay with her brother by then, as long as they stay in the hotel room. I really want Mike and I to have a nice signature dining experience...it will be interesting to see what the restaurants will be like then. :shrug:

joanna71985

Hello?

I hope you do get a chance to do the internship (I am looking at it too). I had a friend that turned it down and now she really regrets not having that opportunity or experience that would have been more than what she got at the small zoos that we have here.

Definitely!! They are such good programs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom