News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

Patcheslee

DD10 wants to know how St. Augustine will hold up. (She's a bit obsessed with the place.) Is it less flood prone than say Jacksonville?

Lensman

Unimaginable. These folks are in the eyewall for the entire hour represented below - and for hours before and after this...

This is why I questioned some of the earlier video. Landfall this morning was in an area that is still experiencing hurricane force winds now, and were experiencing hurricane force winds for hours before landfall as well. I don't know when anyone is going to be able to get video out of there, but it's not going to be anytime soon unless it's of the inside of a concrete bunker.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
5 mph. In water of 90°+

*expletive deleted*

Apparently, West Palm Beach will begin to feel tropical storm force winds starting about 5 hours from now.

I’m gonna “pray” for the water temperature to drop...

...and after that doesn’t work, everybody grab a bag of ice and meet me on Castaway Cay

Lensman

I’m gonna “pray” for the water temperature to drop...

...and after that doesn’t work, everybody grab a bag of ice and meet me on Castaway Cay
The small positive aspect I read about the stall is that the water around the Bahamas is relatively shallow so a stalled Dorian will use up all the warmer surface water and upwelling will bring up cooler water from the depths. Of course, no one is sure of whether this effect will be large enough to have that much of an effect on Dorian, but it's something to hope for.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They’re in C. Not very comforting as they are surrounded by A. I’ll say this much: they live jist west of the St Johns River so they are inland but near water.

Time to make a trip 150 miles west to see their son?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Hoping the turn happens soon. It went from moving WNW to moving directly West. This isn't a good sign for Florida!

Hoping for a quick recover for the Bahamas. This Hurricane is only half way through for them.

JohnD

Time to make a trip 150 miles west to see their son?

They’re leaving their condo at Amelia Island tomorrow and headed back to the house in Jax. I’ve already had the conversation with them. But since they’ve been through Irma and Matthew they are inclined to stay. They feel they are sufficiently inland.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They’re leaving their condo at Amelia Island tomorrow and headed back to the house in Jax. I’ve already had the conversation with them. But since they’ve been through Irma and Matthew they are inclined to stay. They feel they are sufficiently inland.

Fingers crossed they are correct.

Lensman

It's a tad cloudy and windy there right now.
GFS says winds there (Castaway Cay) should be around 60 mph right now, continuing through until around 2 AM, then a slow decline to 50 mph sometime tomorrow afternoon and dropping off from there.

I hope Disney evacuated everyone from there. Do they have a reinforced concrete bunker?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom