Major Grand Floridian Refurbishment

Disone

say no to cool grays, lets get warm colors back

agree this doomgloom color trend is bland and generic

Yeah. I don't like the grey and it resembles a fancy funeral home.
But.... Too late for any of that. In this case the doors really aren't a trend but a step towards the completion of something they started over a year ago.

These new doors clearly blend with what's been done to the outer lodge buildings, inside the rooms themselves, and the third fourth and 5th floors of the main building. The only thing that's left to do is the first and second floors and clearly they're going in the same direction based on the installation of these doors.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
In the latest example of WDI showing zero care to honor the theme of the property they're working on, here's the end result of the M. Mouse Mercantile refurbishment:

I disagree, I’d consider this an upgrade to the previous look of this particular shop. They also added color, the previous design was all beige walls and ceiling.

Vegas Disney Fan

I like everything else, especially the chandelier and the wallpaper, but the green is just way too vibrant to honor the intended theme and time the resort is meant to invoke.

I have the same complaint with Enchanted Rose.
I had similar thoughts, I love the light blue ceiling, the chandelier, the wallpaper, the wood border, the decorative white tile… but the green paint is too bold, I think they’d have been better off using just the lighter green rather than 2 shades of green.

I don’t hate it, and compared to other recent changes it’s decent, but had I done this to a room in my house I’d be disappointed with the end result and heading back to the store for a different color to try again, it isn’t horrible but it also isn’t amazing.

Disone

I disagree, I’d consider this an upgrade to the previous look of this particular shop. They also added color, the previous design was all beige walls and ceiling.
Agree.

It does seem to have more color. And the Mickey and Minnie statues are a nice touch as is the wall mural behind the cash register. Also the chandelier while odd is also beautiful.

The window treatments are nice, they now have shears. That's better than the nothing that they had before. And some of the windows have been replaced with shelves for merchandise display. It opens up the store a lot, possibly too much. I agree it feels a little bit sparse in the store. Maybe they could add in a few more fixtures?

James Alucobond

I like everything else, especially the chandelier and the wallpaper, but the green is just way too vibrant to honor the intended theme and time the resort is meant to invoke.

I have the same complaint with Enchanted Rose.
I would say the chandelier is probably more off-theme (temporally) than the wall color, even though I like the chandelier a lot. It would probably be a bit more accurate if they either pushed the green a bit more toward a jewel tone or paired it with a warmer rose in the same value range. The thing I find confusing is how they plan to tie it all together with the deep blues of Enchanted Rose, the teals and blushes of the updated rooms and outbuilding lobbies, and now the bright greens in this store. The lobby will have to do some heavy lifting post-refurb to make sense of it.

Brian

The lobby will have to do some heavy lifting post-refurb to make sense of it.
That's my fear for the lobby refurb. Is it going to be a bunch of bold colors like Enchanted Rose or Mercantile? I feel like it has to be so those don't stick out, but with that, we'd lose the subtle tones which help make the resort elegant.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
In the latest example of WDI showing zero care to honor the theme of the property they're working on, here's the end result of the M. Mouse Mercantile refurbishment:

Hello Home Depot...What are your cheapest and least popular paint colors, floor tiles, and lighting fixtures?

monothingie

Premium Member
I mean, the tiles around the checkout counter are custom, the light fixture certainly isn't cheap, and paint of an equivalent finish is the same regardless of color beyond white, but whatevs.
It's like if Starbucks, Pac Sun, Spencer Gifts, and Macy's had a store baby.

monothingie

Premium Member
This is a great improvement and more in-line with the theme of this Resort Hotel.
English Victorian turn of the 20th century, with a splash of 16th century French, with the dixieland charm of late 19th century Florida.

No seriously if someone can articulate and nail down the actual theme of the GF, I'll buy them a dole whip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom