Major Grand Floridian Refurbishment

Movielover

I believe you mean "dreamers of all ages"
SandyReasonableAnchovy-max-1mb.gif

Bocabear

There was a time that this whole restaurant area of the concourse was beautiful and vibrant... It just seems to keep degrading. The need to look back at the original designs and bring it forward without losing the vibrant color and personalkity it once had...Now it looks like bad mid-90s contemporary...
1649168929453.png

They need to look for their inspiration in places like the newly repurposed TWA Hotel in NY...take it back to it's modernist/space age look...
1649169268276.png

TikibirdLand

The first thing they need to do is get rid of the temporary walls that create gift shops in the middle of the concourse.
But where, oh where, will they sell the plushies at the Contemporary? I have to admit that we bought our monorail model and Contemporary building in one of those shops. But, I agree; they take away from the aesthetic of the concourse. Oh, and so does Chef Mickey.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
There was a time that this whole restaurant area of the concourse was beautiful and vibrant... It just seems to keep degrading. The need to look back at the original designs and bring it forward without losing the vibrant color and personalkity it once had...Now it looks like bad mid-90s contemporary...
View attachment 630813
They need to look for their inspiration in places like the newly repurposed TWA Hotel in NY...take it back to it's modernist/space age look...
View attachment 630815
This is just like I was imagining, chef mickeys needs to be relocated somewhere and use the space to take advantage of the beautiful views. Put Chef Mickeys in one of the ball rooms, or have it just for breakfast then switch over to elevated table service at dinner. This is such a missed opportunity.
The first thing they need to do is get rid of the temporary walls that create gift shops in the middle of the concourse.
I also hate that Buena Vista Gifts blocks all the beautiful “buena vistas” with giant fixtures in front of all the windows overlooking Bay Lake. Seriously the whole concourse needs bulldozed and redone by the team that did downstairs.

Bocabear

Agreed 1000% though I will say that half of the concourse always felt underused...it sure would be nice to have that beautiful open space again... Move the arcade and put the gifts in there... Put the arcade back in the Fiesta Fun Center....oops it is a restaurant now Well there are plenty of locations in that massive building that would be a better placement.

Beacon Joe

They removed them in the refurb this past fall/winter

Nooooo! I enjoyed that little touch. Though it only worked when we first stayed a few months after it opened, and then never really again. The remote control taped together with packing tape on a subsequent visit was a great Disney touch.

correcaminos

Nooooo! I enjoyed that little touch. Though it only worked when we first stayed a few months after it opened, and then never really again. The remote control taped together with packing tape on a subsequent visit was a great Disney touch.
Yep confirmed back in December. We had one working in a bungalow within a year after they opened. Even when they worked they weren't great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom