Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

TheDisneyMagic

Please leave your anti-Apple fanboyism out of a legitimate conversation.

Apple has a pile of cash, is the current market leader in industrial design, and happens to be headed by one of the largest individual owners in Disney stock and who sits on the Disney board.

I'm flabbergasted that Apple doesn't have a visible presence in Epcot. I can only assume they do not for brand perception reasons.

I had to chuck it in there, besides when have you ever seen me state any form of fanboyism or anti against any other company in the past? Everyone can have their little poke once in a while it is just a little fun! Thank you very much.

There are lots more companies out there (this has been discuessed on here time and time again) that would be better suited for an Epcot attraction than Apple as they have a very small product base compared to many other companies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please leave your anti-Apple fanboyism out of a legitimate conversation.

Apple has a pile of cash, is the current market leader in industrial design, and happens to be headed by one of the largest individual owners in Disney stock and who sits on the Disney board.

I'm flabbergasted that Apple doesn't have a visible presence in Epcot. I can only assume they do not for brand perception reasons.

They may also wish to stay clear because Jobs holds so much stock in the Disney Corporation....

Next Big Thing

Kodak are VERY much on the current map. Here is the backside.

picture.php
This proves absolutely nothing. Sure it's on the map but what the OP said was that KODAK wasn't on the map for their sponsorship with JII. Normally it would say "Presented by KODAK". These are two completely separate things. Show me a pic of the inside of the map for me to believe that KODAK hasn't dropped their sponsorship from JII (Let's be clear, I said JII, not with Disney as a whole).

RSoxNo1

Because Pixar has no buisness being in Epcot, it was never meant to have characters thats just idiotic to think. Just imagine Lion king singing circle of life inside Spaceship earth with a jimminy cricket animatronic telling us about our nations history. It is BS i tell you.

Am I the only one that's sick of the "Keep the characters out!" argument? I agree that Pixar characters now have a designated spot for generic Pixar attractions, but I have no problem with character integration if they actually fit.

I don't think there's an obvious Pixar fit with the Imagination pavilion, but that's not to say that there won't be in the future, but something like Nemo in the Seas pavilion or Monster's Inc over at the Universe of Energy does make some sense.

What I have a problem with is when character infusion is done in place of quality. Then it becomes a bandaid solution to a greater problem. No one would have a problem with Stitch replacing Alien Encounter if the Stitch attraction was better.

Next Big Thing

Am I the only one that's sick of the "Keep the characters out!" argument? I agree that Pixar characters now have a designated spot for generic Pixar attractions, but I have no problem with character integration if they actually fit.

I don't think there's an obvious Pixar fit with the Imagination pavilion, but that's not to say that there won't be in the future, but something like Nemo in the Seas pavilion or Monster's Inc over at the Universe of Energy does make some sense.

What I have a problem with is when character infusion is done in place of quality. Then it becomes a bandaid solution to a greater problem. No one would have a problem with Stitch replacing Alien Encounter if the Stitch attraction was better.
I think a character integration which would be perfect (actually they sort of already have it) would be to add the ratatoulle ride to the France pavillion, which is heavily rumored for WDS Paris for some time now

misterID

Nemo is the only thing that made me go back into The Living Seas.

The highlight of the pavilion before that was the elevator. That about sums it up.

Ratatouille in the France pavilion works for me.

Tigger1988

I'm always amused when people complain about Nemo being at Living Seas. I have to wonder if they had even visited the pavilion in the few years before the refurb. It was a ghost town, a sad excuse for what it used to be. Now it's full of life, not sure how you can find something wrong with that.

wolf359

I'm always amused when people complain about Nemo being at Living Seas. I have to wonder if they had even visited the pavilion in the few years before the refurb. It was a ghost town, a sad excuse for what it used to be. Now it's full of life, not sure how you can find something wrong with that.

I agree. The Sea Cabs were LONG gone, and the theater was just a walk through area even when they bothered to play the film.

Now, even without a thrill ride, The Living Seas again draws in the crowds.

BrerFrog

I agree. The Sea Cabs were LONG gone, and the theater was just a walk through area even when they bothered to play the film.

Now, even without a thrill ride, The Living Seas again draws in the crowds.

I have never been to the original, but I can't say I like the ride. I only do it for the aquarium at the end. I still think it would be better without a character slapped onto it, though.

muteki

Somehow I don't think that is the state of the ride they were hoping to preserve. No film, hydrolators, cabs, no Living Seas. The ride was closed to me long before the work on the Nemo refurb even began.

Tigger1988

The ride was closed to me long before the work on the Nemo refurb even began.

Well...yeah, the cabs closed in 2001 before anything Nemo related was even announced.

It's not like the original cabs were anything to write home about. Fact remains that Nemo breathed new life into a dying pavilion.

rodserling27

Well...yeah, the cabs closed in 2001 before anything Nemo related was even announced.

It's not like the original cabs were anything to write home about. Fact remains that Nemo breathed new life into a dying pavilion.

It absolutely did. I was never a fan of the original "Living Seas." I always thought it should have been an underwater city, but felt more like a giant fish tank to me (which is just what it is!!) Though I'm still not a fan of the pavilion, it's good to see it pretty busy, especially in comparison to the pre-Nemo days.

Now, if only we could breathe life into "Imagination!"

toolsnspools

Just random thoughts. Seems to fit the direction of this thread though. :lol:

What about a Phineas and Ferb meets Figment overlay? The could modernize the pavillion and keep Figment around. P&F certainly fit the pavillion. I wouldn't mind seeing a toy company as the sponsor. FAO Schwarz maybe? Too much Disney competition in that market I guess. I don't see Fuji as a good replacement either though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom