Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

Grizzly Hall 71

I know I shouldn't be here.

But why is everyone so happy? Haven't you all noticed what happens when a corporation leaves Epcot? You get 1 of 3 things:
1. An empty pavilion.
2. A demolished pavilion (I can already see everyone saying "there goes my childhood")
3. Or a pixar overhaul.

I would rather keep Kodak than have those 3 choices. Just my 2 cents.

It would be funny to see if it did get demolished how everyone would react. I bet they would of wished Kodak would of stayed then.

Back to retirement.

Thrill

But why is everyone so happy? Haven't you all noticed what happens when a corporation leaves Epcot? You get 1 of 3 things:
1. An empty pavilion.
2. A demolished pavilion (I can already see everyone saying "there goes my childhood")
3. Or a pixar overhaul.

It would be funny to see if it did get demolished how everyone would react. I bet they would of wished Kodak would of stayed then.

Back to retirement.

I was about to say something like this. I'm not going to make anything positive of this until we get a new sponsor who is willing to put out some money and do something about Journey into Imagination. Until then, this can only be a bad thing. The last thing Epcot needs is another closed pavilion. Granted, it was Kodak's contract that ruined the ride in the first place, but it's already happened. Their departure isn't going to bring back the original.

Enchantâmes

1. An empty pavilion.
3. Or a pixar overhaul.

Back to retirement.
Stay there. That is not a request. :wave:

Spike-in-Berlin

I was about to say something like this. I'm not going to make anything positive of this until we get a new sponsor who is willing to put out some money and do something about Journey into Imagination. Until then, this can only be a bad thing. The last thing Epcot needs is another closed pavilion. Granted, it was Kodak's contract that ruined the ride in the first place, but it's already happened. Their departure isn't going to bring back the original.

Perhaps finally Fuji fills the gap left by Kodak? After all it was the competition between Kodak as official Disney partner and Fuji that stopped the Fuji Mountain Rollercoaster from being built. And even if the JII would be closed due to the Kodak bailout, it wouldn't harm the park. JII is a major bore, shutting would be no loss. I don't even plan to do it in the next days during my trip there.

WishIwasThere

Now that GE is getting out of the theme park business, lets get them back into Epcot as the sponsor. Goes good with their current motto, 'imagination at work'.

Knew Grizzly Hall wouldn't stay 'retired' or should we cally him GOOFy now.

dixiegirl

Could this mean we finally see the return of Dreamfinder? Only time will tell. Hopefully something magnificent, on the same plane as the original beauty that was "Journey Into Imagination."

Speaking of dreamfinder can he or Figment be seen anywhere in Epcot? My youngest loves figment but for the life of me I don't remember ever seeing a meet and greet.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Considering that Presented by Kodak is removed from the park map and most of Imageworks is behind construction walls, I'd say that's a good sign...

Brian_WDW74

Question: Do the new park maps still say "Compliments of Eastman Kodak Company" on the bottom with Kodak ads all over the place inside?

-Rob

Yes they do. And the entire back page of the new map is an ad for Kodak. Also, all of the Kodak Picture Spots are still listed on the map. So either Kodak has pulled out of Imagination only, or there was an oversight when the map was printed. I guess the real proof will be if the Kodak logo is removed from the attraction.

_Scar

Why on earth would you be opposed to having something new if it means Pixar?

1.) Figment will never leave Imagination pavillion. He is an established and well known character that WDI is famous for creating.

2.) Pixar are the modern Disney movies everyone knows. It's perfect for attracting a modern generation and a new generation.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Kodak are VERY much on the current map. Here is the backside.

picture.php

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

1.) Figment will never leave Imagination pavillion. He is an established and well known character that WDI is famous for creating.

2.) Pixar are the modern Disney movies everyone knows. It's perfect for attracting a modern generation and a new generation.

Some people should simply remain in retirement....

GOOfy45

Banned

Because Pixar has no buisness being in Epcot, it was never meant to have characters thats just idiotic to think. Just imagine Lion king singing circle of life inside Spaceship earth with a jimminy cricket animatronic telling us about our nations history. It is BS i tell you.

bgraham34

Because Pixar has no buisness being in Epcot, it was never meant to have characters thats just idiotic to think. Just imagine Lion king singing circle of life inside Spaceship earth with a jimminy cricket animatronic telling us about our nations history. It is BS i tell you.

Ooo ooo ooo, i want to see it.

_Scar

Figment is a character....

And this is one of the most lop-sided arguments I've ever heard and I see it a lot here. Who cares if there are characters. What matters is if it's a QUALITY attraction.

Kodak are VERY much on the current map. Here is the backside.

:brick:

They're probably just making new Kodak signs for that area of the park.

Evil Genius

When EPCOT Center was initially developed the intent was to not have established Disney characters in the park. Which is why there were those creepy giant head doll characters of different countries wandering around World Showcase in the begining.

This didn't go over very well. And guest had difficulty identifying EPCOT as a Disney park which is when you started seeing the Fab Five appear in the park in their "Rainbow Bright" costumes in the 80's.

So now having the characters appear in the park is old hat.

The Lion King is in fact featured in the Circle of Life movie in The Land. Of course Nemo and friends are now a part of The Living Seas (which I know is much maligned, but we enjoy it) so utilizing characters is second nature now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom