Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

muse1983

Nope. Unfortunately, WALL-E doesn't appear anywhere at WDW. :(

Last I heard, the reason the actuall WALL-E meet and greet animatronic ( the one we saw a lot of during the release of the film) is absent from the parks due to legal fears that the huge tracks on Wall-E's feet would injure someone.

Tybee

Last I heard, the reason the actuall WALL-E meet and greet animatronic ( the one we saw a lot of during the release of the film) is absent from the parks due to legal fears that the huge tracks on Wall-E's feet would injure someone.

That reminds me of a trip to Disney Studios (MGM back then, actually) when my little brother and I were kids. Roger Rabbit turned up and my mom wanted pictures of us with him. So we posed for several shots. Later, when the pictures were developed, my brother had this pained expression on his face in all the photos. When my parents asked him why he didn't smile, he replied, "ROGER WAS STANDING ON MY FOOT THE WHOLE TIME!!!"

WDWGoof07

Well, there is land on the north shore of FrLand.

IMO, you can't do PatF without Tiana's Palace on the river!

OH- and I think PatF is one of the greatest things to come out of WDC. Here's to hoping this will happen in one park around the world. :)

Tianna's restaurant was proposed for the FLE early on.
Didn't make the cut.

But then, neither did the mine ride and you see what happened there....
Never say never.

Actually Tiana's Palace and many other themes from Princess & the Frog were once a blue sky concept for TSI. But that kinda stuff always gets shoved to the back depending on how well the movies are accepted. They wait a couple years to see if it still has staying power before they look into it any further.

Seriously, I think my daughter would pretty much move in to Tiana-land and not ever want to leave if they did this. There is so much potential here that hopefully in a few years when they realize that PatF has staying power, they will revisit and do at least something. I just can see how much they could do with PatF, not just the restaurant. How cool could the Shadowman scenes with the dancing voodo dolls and blacklight glowing stuff be in a dark ride?
"The Princess and the Frog" is one of my favorite movies, and I'd love to see it represented in the parks in some form. Of course, there's Tiana's restaurant. I'd also like to experience Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium and Mama Odie's Treehouse, and I would burst with excitement if WDI could find a way to incorporate Louis or Ray into the Living Character Initiative.

Back to the FLE - the more I hear about it, the more I like it. Of course, we already knew what Screamscape just found out. For that, thanks to our insiders!

MotherOfBirds

I think PatF is just a waiting game. Fantasia was a flop wen it hit theaters, and now it's considered a classic with references all over the parks. If we are willing to wait 5 or 10 years, she'll probably get an attraction. Maybe they'll redo the old swan boats for a little bit of goin' down the bayou, particularly where the canal goes into the dense vegetation of AL, perhaps a little PatF spruce?

jt04

I think PatF is just a waiting game. Fantasia was a flop wen it hit theaters, and now it's considered a classic with references all over the parks. If we are willing to wait 5 or 10 years, she'll probably get an attraction. Maybe they'll redo the old swan boats for a little bit of goin' down the bayou, particularly where the canal goes into the dense vegetation of AL, perhaps a little PatF spruce?

THAT is a great idea! :)

GLaDOS

Louisiana really doesn't fit in Aland...:shrug:

Other than that I'd say it's a good idea.

MotherOfBirds

Louisiana really doesn't fit in Aland...:shrug:

Other than that I'd say it's a good idea.

The part they'd be floatin through isn't really seen by guests anyway, so they could probably add enough swampy-looking vegetation and spanish moss to choke a horse and it'd look fine. Maybe they could have the fireflies somewhere, maybe a couple little AA frogs and maybe the shadow-friends could make an appearance. Hey, it's a thought. And it'd be nice to see that part of the park come back to life after so long.

IWant2GoNow

"The Princess and the Frog" is one of my favorite movies, and I'd love to see it represented in the parks in some form. Of course, there's Tiana's restaurant. I'd also like to experience Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium and Mama Odie's Treehouse, and I would burst with excitement if WDI could find a way to incorporate Louis or Ray into the Living Character Initiative.

Back to the FLE - the more I hear about it, the more I like it. Of course, we already knew what Screamscape just found out. For that, thanks to our insiders!

*spoiler* Kinda hard to do a LIVING character for Ray, since he's dead and all. :lol: *end spoiler*

jt04

The part they'd be floatin through isn't really seen by guests anyway, so they could probably add enough swampy-looking vegetation and spanish moss to choke a horse and it'd look fine. Maybe they could have the fireflies somewhere, maybe a couple little AA frogs and maybe the shadow-friends could make an appearance. Hey, it's a thought. And it'd be nice to see that part of the park come back to life after so long.

There is an expansion pad back there so they could add a mini PATF-land without having it be completely visible from AL. Possibly even where people could get out of the boats and explore the area. It is a great idea you have here. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. :)

Thrill Seeker

Tiana's Restaurant would go great inside the former Adventureland Veranda...

tirian

Tiana's Restaurant would go great inside the former Adventureland Veranda...

New Orleans jazz would clash with the bongos and steel drums.

As it is, movies better than PATF don't have a presence in WDW; let's add something for Mary Poppins or Pinocchio (the restaurant doesn't count) before we try to jam PATF into a place it doesn't belong. (FWIW, I do like the movie!)

EPCOTCenterLover

Gotta say- I think the Snow White/ Dwarves mine train ride will have a harder time fitting in visually than Cindy's homestead. Hopefully, Imagineering has something spectaular cooked up so it isnt jarring.

Maybe the mine train will incorporate the evil castle look of DL's Snow White and some of the characters as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom